Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Defiance (Xbox 360)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Chief023 PSN ID: Chief023 Steam ID: Chief023
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzZaw66 View Post
    On the shields, what type is overall best? One with high capacity, high recharge rate or quick recharge delay
    I prefer the ones with the faster recharge. I have a blue one now (Hurricane or Contender maybe?) that is around 1100 in strength, but recharges at 40%/sec with a 2.8 second delay and gives me +25% health regen. The highest strength I've seen so far on any shield is only around 1600 with a 6 or 9 second delay in recharge. I'll take the faster recharge every time.

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzZaw66 View Post
    On the weapons I understand about the leveling up the class and weapon and the colors. But what do you do when you have say a Purple "300" and a Green "500" seems to have better damage, min dmage, fire rate, etc....pretty much at what point do you cut loose something even being Purple...50, 100, 200 Level below? i've got a couple of things I've maxed out and frankly didn't know sell them, break them down or hang on to them. One is a BMG (Level 240 Purple) and everything I've seen is weaker despite being a Level 300-400.
    I'm only holding on to weapons that I really love that are also Synergy. Everything else gets broken down to resources or sold for scrip. Of course, that's because I'm focusing on leveling up my weapons skills instead of really paying attention to the weapons themselves. All weapons of the same model in any color do the same base damage and have the same base stats. The only difference is that the Blue, Purple, and Orange ones come with mod slots already added and at least one other inherent bonus and elemental damage (although I've seen white weapons with elemental damage as well). As far as I know, you can add mod slots to any weapons for a cost and 10 minutes of time. You can then equip mods in those slots to modify capacity, melee damage, accuracy, crit dmg, etc.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: BuzzZaw66
    Well a quick thanks for Bruteforce getting me in and joining and also allowing me to bypass "The Bridge" over to the other side, though I didn't dare step out of the merchant area. I appologize for asking so much and to be honestI didn't really know that much about some of the menues and sub-menues in the "Goals". It's starting to feel like I'm getting drowned in doing goals....main missions, side missions, main and sub pursuits, contracts, etc...not to mention the random stuff you come upon and of course Ark Falls

I am looking forward to Saturday and be part of the Big Hunt providing there is a space. And for anyone who wants to do the co-op missions which I do like and need to do I'll gladly join. One quick question...whatis the best way of leveling up a weapon...areas, enemies, missions, side missions, etc...I've got to work on the SMG which I've neglected in favor of the SAW.

Xbox 360 - BuzzZaw66
    Defiance Character Name - Nite Rider

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Run Jay Run PSN ID: RunJayRun Raptr ID: Run Jay Run
    Should I get this game? Reviews seem to be bad, but we know how that goes. For those that bought it, is this a two month play and dump game, or will it have legs for a long time.
    I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me! - Stuart Smalley

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Sard of KC Steam ID: Sard_of_KC Raptr ID: Sard_of_KC
    Quote Originally Posted by Run_Jay_Run View Post
    Should I get this game? Reviews seem to be bad, but we know how that goes. For those that bought it, is this a two month play and dump game, or will it have legs for a long time.
    This is the only game I have paid full price for in a long while and I am quite pleased with it. I honestly think it will have legs as long as they keep updating, adding content and fixing broken things (which I don't see them stopping anytime soon). However, many gamers on the Defiance forums are already complaining that there's not enough content. I am almost level 1000 and still enjoy playing the game with others (I do get bored if I play alone for too long but our clan is getting quite large and there is almost always someone friendly to run around and murder things with). Also, I play other games too so I don't get burnt out on playing one game exclusively. In a nutshell, the game is like a marriage between Borderlands and Mass Effect or Fallout

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Jigsaw hc PSN ID: jigsawhc Steam ID: jigsawhc Raptr ID: jigsawhc
    I'm with Sard. I see this going for a long time. I've been playing a month and there is so much to do that I've not even finished the main story yet. If you're looking to play every day for 4+ hours then in a couple months you'll probably have done everything and be ready to move on. I'm playing 2 or 3 nights a week and I don't see that changing any time soon.

Plus, there are at least 5 DLC packs planned so there will be more stuff coming down the line.
    "You are the worst achievement ever Totally just thought I unlocked something as you popped on Live." ~QuasarSquirrel

Xbox Live Arcade & Indie Game Ratings

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Run Jay Run PSN ID: RunJayRun Raptr ID: Run Jay Run
    Thanks Sard and Jig for the quick response. I probably will get this soon.
    I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me! - Stuart Smalley

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Madrox Prime PSN ID: NightThrasher Raptr ID: MadroxPrime
    I really like it, but if you just play the first couple hours you probably won't like it that much. Just a warning is all. Once you get pass all the overwhelming power, weapons, pursuits stuff it gets way better. Game has a ton of potential and you don't have to pay a monthly subscription fee.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Jigsaw hc PSN ID: jigsawhc Steam ID: jigsawhc Raptr ID: jigsawhc
    I'll be on tonight working on daily/weekly quests and some of the side missions. I'd be up for working on some of the co-op pursuits as well.
    "You are the worst achievement ever Totally just thought I unlocked something as you popped on Live." ~QuasarSquirrel

Xbox Live Arcade & Indie Game Ratings

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Sard of KC Steam ID: Sard_of_KC Raptr ID: Sard_of_KC
    Calvin has posted a list of all of our Xbox clan members over at TAG. Don't forget we are going to go for the social pursuits this Saturday starting at 6pm EST until late.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Chief023 PSN ID: Chief023 Steam ID: Chief023
    Quote Originally Posted by Sard of KC View Post
    Calvin has posted a list of all of our Xbox clan members over at TAG. Don't forget we are going to go for the social pursuits this Saturday starting at 6pm EST until late.
    They don't have a PS3 group over there with Defiance, do they? I could use some new friends for the Social Pursuits.

Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast