Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Xbox sales mistakes again

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: F1SH_KC Steam ID: f1shkc Raptr ID: KCF1SH
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldemigod View Post
    Yeah and then have it take an hour or two to download the thing and the another hour to install it and then it has an update... lol

I bought a game on PSN for my PSP recently. It was 500mb and took over 2 hours on my 40mb connection.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender1986 View Post
    Well yea, but then how would he have fun?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Iwabuccs PSN ID: iwabuccs Steam ID: iwabuccs Raptr ID: iwabuccs
    Quote Originally Posted by CptDomano View Post
    I've always had issues with slow downloads on my 20mb connection and the PS3. Never made a difference if it was wifi or direct connection. Only thing that I've seen affect the PS3 connection is the time of day (time of day has never had an effect on my actual Internet connection--usually running 17-21mb).
    I too have a 20mb connection and I have yet to have run into an issue.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DigitalDemigod PSN ID: digitaldemigod Steam ID: DigitalDemigod Raptr ID: digitaldemigod
    It is still a shitty design choice by Sony that after you've downloaded the game, if there is a patch, it's basically like downloading the whole game again and then installing it again. That's pretty silly.

CptDomano
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldemigod View Post
    It is still a shitty design choice by Sony that after you've downloaded the game, if there is a patch, it's basically like downloading the whole game again and then installing it again. That's pretty silly.
    While I agree, there have been plenty of XBLA/Steam games that I've downloaded and then had patches to install right after. That's not something that is exclusive to Sony. It just sucks that if the connection was slow to download the game, it's just as bad downloading the patch.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DigitalDemigod PSN ID: digitaldemigod Steam ID: DigitalDemigod Raptr ID: digitaldemigod
    But you don't then also have to sit through a reinstall of the game, it patches and thats it and they also update the file so that if you ever had to reinstall from scratch you aren't downloading the game and then 7 patches after that. If ps3 does that too, I don't know. Doesn't seem like it from what I've seen or heard.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12