PDA

View Full Version : mp3's

Anonymous
02-02-2005, 11:55 AM
An awesome spot for downloading music that a co worker turned me onto is http://allofmp3.com/index.shtml?r=1105449431
Anyhow, it cost .01 per meg which comes to about 1.50 to 2.00 per cd. My wife has downloaded about 10 albums and it seems pretty legit. they also have an explorer download for the site, otherwise you have to download each song one at a time on the album. this download allows you to cue up all your music. It doesnt seem to put any spyware on it my friend said, though i havent tested that myself. Go chk it out.

Sharky
02-02-2005, 06:05 PM
I wouldn't call it "legit". It is a very grey area right now in a legal battle between the record industry, providers(allofmp3), and users (you). Right now, until the federal government steps in and bargins with the foriegn governments, it is at a stalemate. All of these cheap download places are ususally based in Russia where they have very limited, if any, copyrite laws. From what I understand, the way the law is writen now, users like yourself are not liable for any wrong doing. But this may change in the future. They may soon start going after users, if they can get certain laws changed, so be careful. Until then, all the record industry can do is put pressure on our government to put pressure on others goverments, like Russia. And from what Ive read lately, the Bush group is making pretty good strides in this, especially with China and bootleg DVDs/software. Another thing to be warey of is that you are giving a lot of personal information to a foreign group that is not punishable by US law.

hitman23vtech
02-05-2005, 04:52 AM
moved this to music area...