PDA

View Full Version : Known Flashpoints and info

Vampyre
12-21-2011, 07:12 AM
Will continue to edit this with info as I find it our you guys post it.

The Black Talon (7-10), Empire only.

The Esseles (7-10), Republic only. (exp drops off sharp for the group at lvl 13) This one takes anywhere between and hour and an hour and a 1/2 depending on group make up lvl. This is a major story filled flashpoint.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oh-6_pxS9DI

Hammer Station (13-17), Empire and Republic. (most people want you at 17 to run this) Exp drops with 20-21's in the party
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8SyQvmRXkg

Athiss (17-21), Empire and Republic 18-21 party will be tough. CC must be done and your tank must know how to mark targets. Slow and easy wins the race. a 18-19 Vanguard can main tank even with 25ish's in the party. For easy mode on this its probably closer to lvl 22-24/25. EXP drops off when there is a at 25+ in party. (dont know lowest lvl that exp drops yet)
1st boss tank and spank and add burn/control.
2nd boss has 3 waves of adds every 45 seconds. Burn down the mobs around the boss. Marking them helps you see them in the chaos of the big boss. Tank him in this little alcove as he has a throw ability that will randomly toss you around. In this alcove you will stay in it and only get knocked down. Have one person call out the waves of adds and have the DPS burn the adds down. If your a trooper you can help if you can target them from the alcove. Save your AOE's if your a trooper to help on the adds if you can. \
This is the alcove.
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/463/screenshot2011122700302.jpg
Face this way with mob in your face.
http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/463/screenshot2011122700302.jpg
3rd boss. He will warp out every minute or so. When he does fire balls will spawn and target someone at random. That person must kite the fireballs till they despawn. The fireballs will despawn about 10 seconds after the boss reappears. Other wise this is a tank and spank.

Mandalorian Raiders (21-25), Empire and Republic. Best level to start this is 23. This is the first real flashpoint where you need to start keeping your gear up to date. I was lacking on a few pieces and dident even have any implants or earring. Failed on the first try at the part when 5-6 dogs jump you right before the first boss. Updated my gear and got the missing pieces and it was a breeze after that.

EXP drops off a bit with 26-27's in the party but at 24 with the 26 and a 27 in my party I still got 60% of a level including turning in the daily for the flashpoint. This one takes about 45 minutes and has 100 point L/D choice in the middle of it.

Gear that drops are lvl 25 pieces.

This is a pretty decent video on it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NexuVU22Yc

Cademimu (25-29), Empire and Republic.

Boarding Party (29-33), Empire only.

Taral V (29-33), Republic only.

The Foundry (33-37), Empire only.

Maelstrom Prison (33-37), Republic only.

Colicoid War Game (37-41), Empire and Republic.

The Red Reaper (41-45), Empire and Republic.

Directive 7 (45-49), Empire and Republic.

The Battle of Ilum (48-50), Empire and Republic.

The False Emperor (48-50), Empire and Republic.

Wild Coyote
12-21-2011, 09:35 AM
Thanks for posting!

I wouldn't mind trying Hammer a bit early. Really feeling like I want to take on something more difficult. (so far we've breezed through practically everything) Even if we can't finish it, would make it feel like more of an accomplishment when we do. It seems a lot of players have somewhat of a "race to the finish" mentality. Personally I'd rather struggle through and really get to know your charater and your group than breeze through for the loot. I can see not wanting a pug member that's a liability though...

Vampyre
12-21-2011, 10:57 AM
Ill be free around 6pm tonight if you want to do it tonight im game. I could care less about optimal setups or going at the optimal level. As long as we got a healer, dps and a tank we should have a chance. Well have fun no matter what and learn some stuff.

Thanks for posting!

I wouldn't mind trying Hammer a bit early. Really feeling like I want to take on something more difficult. (so far we've breezed through practically everything) Even if we can't finish it, would make it feel like more of an accomplishment when we do. It seems a lot of players have somewhat of a "race to the finish" mentality. Personally I'd rather struggle through and really get to know your charater and your group than breeze through for the loot. I can see not wanting a pug member that's a liability though...

Run_Jay_Run
12-21-2011, 04:19 PM
So how does it work exactly? The levels given, are those recommendations? Also, where do you find these? Are they all found at the same place, but you have to be a minimum level to access each one, or are they spread throughout the world?

Toothcake
12-22-2011, 01:46 AM
They can all be accessed via a shuttle on the Fleet Station. Athiss is where it really starts getting difficult and may be worth a look if you guys want something challenging.

Has anyone noticed that these are kinda broken? The loot tables need some serious work. I've ran Black Talon, Hammer Station, and Athiss multiple times and pretty much every instance has seen look for only one class dropping. Plus there's the fact that the only thing that drops off of Champions is credits :\

Wild Coyote
12-22-2011, 07:28 AM
A Hammer run either tonight or tomorrow sounds fun! LF tank and DPS. :)

Definity
12-22-2011, 07:53 AM
A Hammer run either tonight or tomorrow sounds fun! LF tank and DPS. :)

Tomorrow night would work out for me. Got plans with the family tonight and will not be jumping on until late if at all.
Friday nights will generally be the best night for me to stay on late and push through the longer flash points.

CptDomano
12-22-2011, 07:06 PM
Yeah, I might be able to have O'Malley make an appearance for a Hammer run tomorrow night. Wife might have other ideas, but for now I don't have any plans at night.

Oh wait....It caps at 17? I know it's not a "hard" cap, but does the xp for everyone else drop off a lot after 17 like Esseles? O'Malley is at 20 right now.

Vampyre
12-23-2011, 07:33 AM
Yeah, I might be able to have O'Malley make an appearance for a Hammer run tomorrow night. Wife might have other ideas, but for now I don't have any plans at night.

Oh wait....It caps at 17? I know it's not a "hard" cap, but does the xp for everyone else drop off a lot after 17 like Esseles? O'Malley is at 20 right now.

The level ranges above are probably the recommended ones to be at for the area's. Im just about to ding 15 on my vangaurd. Im down with a run tonight around 8pm cst ish. I dont care if the exp goes down bringing higher level toons. I really want to practice rotations and tanking and get a really good setup with my g13 and naga going. Ive read up on a bunch of stratiges on vandgaurd and they are a bit different then how I have been playing.

Definity
12-23-2011, 08:19 AM
I should be good to go around 9:30ET at the latest for Hammer tonight. I'm ranged DPS and would like to have a tank w/ me so I can stay back. :)

Vampyre
12-23-2011, 09:25 AM
I should be good to go around 9:30ET at the latest for Hammer tonight. I'm ranged DPS and would like to have a tank w/ me so I can stay back. :)

I'll tank

DOC GLOCK
12-23-2011, 09:52 AM
If you need another for Hammer tonight i've got a lvl 21 healer especially if nobody cares about exp points. I need all the practice I can get.

Wild Coyote
12-23-2011, 11:35 AM
I'll tank

I got heals covered... well I'll try. :D

Wild Coyote
12-26-2011, 09:53 AM
Hammer round 2 tonight 9 - 9:30. Ding ding! :)

I know Definity is in, so we have a healer and DPS. Rooney, you available to tank again?

Definity
12-26-2011, 11:13 AM
Yeah, if things work out OK on this end I should be on around 9:30et or so. Hoping the kids cooperate with my plan! :)

RooneyFan
12-26-2011, 02:53 PM
Well I am officially bummed. Loaded up the game on my old laptop and hoped I could run it on low graphics settings while I am in Orlando on vaca this week. Nothing doing. It is a stutter fest of like 3fps. I may try again by stripping down a bunch of background processes, but i am not optimistic.

Vampyre
12-27-2011, 01:44 AM
Well I am officially bummed. Loaded up the game on my old laptop and hoped I could run it on low graphics settings while I am in Orlando on vaca this week. Nothing doing. It is a stutter fest of like 3fps. I may try again by stripping down a bunch of background processes, but i am not optimistic.

I tried a laptop with a 512 ati card and it would run it but it was not playable. A laptop with a 5100 quardro nvidia card runs it with a bit of lag at the lowest settings at the 1280x720. Playable but not optimal. PVPing it sucks.

In other news. MAJOR update from the Athiss run I did with coy and def tonight. It was a blind run and the info provided was going in blind and what we learned from our run.

Did I mention AGEROCKS? Def and Coy where rocking it big time and I had a blast running a blind flashpoint with them.

Run_Jay_Run
12-27-2011, 08:54 AM
I tinkered with the vent settings, and the mic seems to be working now. I'm looking forward to participating in some flashpoints. It appears you guys have the tanking and healing covered, so I'm going to spend some time leveling my dps toon.

The one thing I love about Rift, that I wish was in the SWTOR game, is the ability to save several builds and change them on the fly. Hopefully, they add something like that in the future.

Definity
12-27-2011, 10:16 AM
Vamp - Yeah that was totally awesome last night. I thought we did great maintaining at the current level we were at.

You will need to show me that trick again where you link most all enemies in one single pull, lol.
"Hang on, let me f**k with this thing" :)

Had a TOTAL blast. Looking forward to the next time.

Wild Coyote
12-27-2011, 03:18 PM
That was fun! Finishing that boss on the 4th or 5th try with just two of us standing was epic! I was running more of a hybrid build on my Sage, (spending 90% of my time DPSing with her). After those runs, I definitely want to respec. At least the gear is the same for healing and DPS, so that's a bonus.

Run_Jay_Run
12-27-2011, 05:22 PM
So did you guys run with three or find a fourth? I sent a guild message five or ten minutes after you asked me if I wanted to join you, but no one responded. My mic issues are fixed (I hope), so the next time you ask me, expect a hell yeah! :D

Definity
12-28-2011, 10:27 AM
Would like to also get a crew of us together and fight some of the world bosses. I know coyote has defeated one with a huge ops group. Anyone else?

DOC GLOCK
12-28-2011, 05:47 PM
Would like to also get a crew of us together and fight some of the world bosses. I know coyote has defeated one with a huge ops group. Anyone else?Found one by accident on Tatooine and died in about 1 second.

HeartbreakRidge
12-29-2011, 01:24 AM
Would like to also get a crew of us together and fight some of the world bosses. I know coyote has defeated one with a huge ops group. Anyone else?

Sure. Saw a really impressive robot on Coruscant!

Run_Jay_Run
12-29-2011, 12:34 PM

That must be what I ran into on Tython. I didn't know there was such a thing, and I jumped on it. LOL...then when that failed, I partied up with the closest person I could find, and we jumped on it. I'm not real sure the person I invited into my party knew what I was doing. He/she left my party shortly after we died. Then I got to looking at its stats...30k hitpoints...holy cow!

So yeah, I would love to go back and kick that things ass. Maybe we can do that on one of the game nights.

Is there one on every world?

Wild Coyote
12-29-2011, 02:17 PM

This one?

http://s5.postimage.org/3vqjrgkg3/SWTOR_11_World_Boss.jpg (http://postimage.org/image/3vqjrgkg3/)

It wasn't a very interesting fight from my perspective. Something about him wiping agro so we needed to tanks trading off.

Wild Coyote
12-29-2011, 02:19 PM
When do you guys want to try Athiss again? I can't play Friday, but maybe Saturday night?

HeartbreakRidge
12-29-2011, 03:37 PM
This one?

http://s5.postimage.org/3vqjrgkg3/SWTOR_11_World_Boss.jpg (http://postimage.org/image/3vqjrgkg3/)

Yup, that was the one!

Kaldesh
12-30-2011, 05:42 AM
I just did Mandalorian Raiders last night, t'was a fun FP. There are two 'mini-boss' battles, and one boss battle. All three are pretty simple, when done right.

First you have a beast master and his dogs. CC the big guy, and kill his dogs, then break CC and keel him.

Second, you have a 'boarding party' of 4 Imperials that will take you on (all elite). If you have CC? CC as many as you can... we had two CC's and it worked. DPS the remaning down, and every time one of their comrades dies? They get tougher to kill. We did this fight w/ a complete noob in our party and suceeded.

Third? The Mandalorian Chieftan. He will fly to corners of the room (three of them), where he will spawn turrets. Keep the tank on him, keel the turrets as they spawn. Keep the blasted things off the healer, win.

Even got a spiffy light saber out've the deal. I plan to run this instance again, if someone is interested. Probably this weekend.

Toothcake
12-30-2011, 03:09 PM
The Chief was definitely the easiest portion of that instance for me. If you have someone that can slice, it really is a breeze. I'd definitely recommend running Cademimu if you're in the range for Raiders. There's some pretty badass loot and even though it's recommended for 29, if you have a decent group you can rock face at earlier levels (~26 when I ran it last night).

Definity
12-30-2011, 04:30 PM
Good tips guys!
Will give Athiss another shot tomorrow with coyote and whoever else wants to join us.
I'm jumping online here in a bit for some questing and a few heroics.

DOC GLOCK
12-30-2011, 04:41 PM
I'm at lvl 30 now and would be happy to heal for anyone that is doing appropriate Flashpoints.

Wild Coyote
01-01-2012, 08:08 AM
Well, I had not linked Saturday night and New Years Eve as being the same night. :o
We didn't run Athiss, but plan to tonight.

I believe Definity Slarty and Myself were planning on making it. Would be nice to get another AGEr. Start around 9 - 9:30 I presume. I did get my cleanse ability, so that last boss fights shouldn't be as problematic.

WRX22BSTi
01-01-2012, 04:14 PM
Well, I had not linked Saturday night and New Years Eve as being the same night. :o
We didn't run Athiss, but plan to tonight.

I believe Definity Slarty and Myself were planning on making it. Would be nice to get another AGEr. Start around 9 - 9:30 I presume. I did get my cleanse ability, so that last boss fights shouldn't be as problematic.
I'll be on, but right now I'm only a level 17 Vanguard. I've got a few quests to wrap up, so hopefully my level be a little higher by the time you guys are ready.

Wild Coyote
01-02-2012, 10:27 AM
I just did Mandalorian Raiders last night, t'was a fun FP. There are two 'mini-boss' battles, and one boss battle. All three are pretty simple, when done right.

First you have a beast master and his dogs. CC the big guy, and kill his dogs, then break CC and keel him.

We gave this a shot last night and couldn't cc anything. We tried tranquil on the dogs, force lift, and the Jedi Shadow stun, none would work on any of these guys. We were 24-26, maybe they resisted them all.

We did breeze through Athiss, so at least something went right.

Wild Coyote
01-04-2012, 09:58 AM
Great Mandalorian Raiders run last night! Thanks to all the Jedi gear drops, I got some great upgrades! Big thanks to Definity, Snowlock, and Berbazu!

Lackwit
01-04-2012, 10:53 AM
Don't suppose anyone has a new character/alt in the 7-10 range who wants to do The Esseles?

I am a level 7 Jedi Knight eager to get into some instances/flashpoints!

Definity
01-04-2012, 11:41 AM
Don't suppose anyone has a new character/alt in the 7-10 range who wants to do The Esseles?

I am a level 7 Jedi Knight eager to get into some instances/flashpoints!

I also have a lv7 JK. I wouldn't mind hitting some of the early flashpoints with you once I get up to lv10 or so.

TazmanAK
01-04-2012, 01:45 PM
BTW they really need to make an exit at the end of the flashpoint. So far it's been a real pain in the ass to try and find your way out after completing the last thing in the instance.

Run_Jay_Run
01-04-2012, 02:33 PM
BTW they really need to make an exit at the end of the flashpoint. So far it's been a real pain in the ass to try and find your way out after completing the last thing in the instance.

I was doing Athiss last night with the gp, and one of my party members pointed out there is an option to exit the flashpoint, right above the little map at the bottom of the screen. I don't know for sure, but it's likely available for all the flashpoints.

Definity
01-04-2012, 03:24 PM
I was doing Athiss last night with the gp, and one of my party members pointed out there is an option to exit the flashpoint, right above the little map at the bottom of the screen. I don't know for sure, but it's likely available for all the flashpoints.

Yep, it's a life saver. I've used it on two flash points so far. I don't think you have the option on Hammer Station but you do on all the other flashpoints I've seen.

Vampyre
01-09-2012, 08:40 AM
Updated info on Mando Raiders. Going to run another one tonight after work around 6 pm cst. First run last night netted 3 of the trooper set pieces for that area for me :-)

I learend something last night. Since I am skipping all the non story questing Ive been missing out on some gear. I went to the GTN and OMG they need to make finding items better. Anyways. Dropped about 40k on random pieces and got some decent gear now. The PVP vendor on the fleet sells some pretty bad ass low lvl 20ish implants that rock. Look around at the vendors for PVP armor over in the pvp area. And talk to the one that looks like your job. They will have the pieces that work best for your job.

Also gotta keep up on the mod slots on the gun and body. Looks like there are new ones every 3 lvls or so.

Definity
01-13-2012, 06:11 AM
I'm running Cademimu flashpoint tonight when I sign on. Wanted to run it last night but things didn't work out. I'm lv30 and would love to have a few AGEr's to run with. I think Doc mentioned he would run it. Send me a message tonight if you want in.

I've not watched any guides for it so I will probably go in blind.

WRX22BSTi
01-13-2012, 06:16 AM
I've got a level 30 vanguard I need to keep leveling up. I'm getting kind of bored with him, so I think maybe grouping up might make the grind a little less arduous. Count me in.

Wild Coyote
01-13-2012, 06:57 AM
Count me in! I could still probably benefit from another Mandalorian run if anyone else in the group could use it too. Might be a good warmup? I'll try to be On by 9.

Vampyre
01-13-2012, 07:02 AM
Ill be out and about all night. Being dragged around to happy hours around grand then being forced to go play blackjack.....

HeartbreakRidge
01-13-2012, 07:04 AM
now that I'm 17, I suppose it's about time to set up a Hammer Station run for next week. Anyone interested?

WRX22BSTi
01-13-2012, 02:59 PM
I'm running Cademimu flashpoint tonight when I sign on. Wanted to run it last night but things didn't work out. I'm lv30 and would love to have a few AGEr's to run with. I think Doc mentioned he would run it. Send me a message tonight if you want in.

I've not watched any guides for it so I will probably go in blind.
I just watched a quick rundown of this flashpoint, and it looks like it will be pretty easy for those of us who are new to flashpoints.

Definity
01-13-2012, 03:10 PM
I just watched a quick rundown of this flashpoint, and it looks like it will be pretty easy for those of us who are new to flashpoints.

OK, cool. I will be online around 9et or so. See you guys then.

Coyote - I don't care to run Raiders again if you want.

Toothcake
01-13-2012, 05:08 PM
Yeah, Cademimu is pretty easy on the boss front. You just need to be conscious of some of the mob groups.

Definity
01-14-2012, 09:19 AM
Yeah, Cademimu is pretty easy on the boss front. You just need to be conscious of some of the mob groups.

Yeah, we finished it up last night. Overall it was easy. We had a bit of trouble with the last boss and the aoe attacks but eventually figured out to stay on the move during combat and watch the floor tiles to see where to go next. Looking forward to the next one since I've not scored any loot at all for a gunslinger in a long time. :(

Toothcake
01-14-2012, 03:51 PM
Boarding Party (or whatever the Republic equivalent is) is great for loot. It's the first FP I've ran where everyone got something.

Wild Coyote
01-26-2012, 10:39 PM
Looking to get a group together for Jedi Prisoner tonight (Friday). I know Definity and I are in, so a tank and DPS would be great, otherwise we'll have to resort to a PUG. (you don't want that for us do you?) :)

Wild Coyote
03-04-2012, 05:58 PM
You guys want to try to hit Colicoid this week? Unfortunately my brother-in-law will be visiting Thurs-Sat. Think we can give it a shot at 9:00 sharp another night this week?

DOC GLOCK
03-05-2012, 04:01 AM
You guys want to try to hit Colicoid this week? Unfortunately my brother-in-law will be visiting Thurs-Sat. Think we can give it a shot at 9:00 sharp another night this week?

Depends upon my family needs but I'll try to be around early in the week at 9 pm.