PDA

View Full Version : Trooper Starting Area

HeartbreakRidge
12-18-2011, 01:03 AM
Okay, I have no idea what the fuck I am doing wrong. I'm level 9, and during a mission into the Separatist Stronghold I'm supposed to spike the comms and in that final room with the terminal that needs spiking I've died a fuckton and can't figure out how to get past the bunch of Imperial assholes. I've bought all the upgrades at the trainer, and especially that last bunch of Imperial Supervisors and an Imperial Officer is just too much. They're maybe level 9 or 10, so it's not too imbalanced, at least I *think*.

Help? or do I just have to mindlessly grind elsewhere?

DOC GLOCK
12-18-2011, 06:06 AM
I have not played that far with my trooper yet so can't answer what to do, but maybe could come back with my smuggler to help out if you see me online. I'm acutally having similar issue with smuggler getting my ship back, keep dying so decided to go and grind some more to level higher.

CptDomano
12-18-2011, 07:34 AM
I just did that mission yesterday and I can't remember what I did to complete it. How are you attacking the groups? I usually start off with a stick grenade in the middle of the group so the rest of them fly and get knocked down then use full auto on whoever didn't fall, and throwing the grenade launcher whenever possible. Seemed like that took out any groups I ran across.

Have you done all of the side quests? That might bump you up to 10 and give you a bit more of an advantage. Also, have you been upgrading your weapons/armor? And by upgrading I just mean using the best stuff you have in your inventory.

Other than that, I'm not too sure what the issue might be. Like I said, I don't remember having to do anything specific to get through that area.

HeartbreakRidge
12-18-2011, 08:29 AM
I just did that mission yesterday and I can't remember what I did to complete it. How are you attacking the groups? I usually start off with a stick grenade in the middle of the group so the rest of them fly and get knocked down then use full auto on whoever didn't fall, and throwing the grenade launcher whenever possible. Seemed like that took out any groups I ran across.

Have you done all of the side quests? That might bump you up to 10 and give you a bit more of an advantage. Also, have you been upgrading your weapons/armor? And by upgrading I just mean using the best stuff you have in your inventory.

Well I'll try that tactic, and look for more side quests in the meantime. Thanks. I'm upgrading at the drop of a hat, those RPG instincts are definitely applicable to some parts of an MMO. Heh.

Doc- yeah, hear it extends the ship tease a lot :) I'll hit you up if I get frustrated again.

Laronvas
12-18-2011, 10:44 AM
Okay, I have no idea what the fuck I am doing wrong. I'm level 9, and during a mission into the Separatist Stronghold I'm supposed to spike the comms and in that final room with the terminal that needs spiking I've died a fuckton and can't figure out how to get past the bunch of Imperial assholes. I've bought all the upgrades at the trainer, and especially that last bunch of Imperial Supervisors and an Imperial Officer is just too much. They're maybe level 9 or 10, so it's not too imbalanced, at least I *think*.

Help? or do I just have to mindlessly grind elsewhere?

They're intended to be a 2 person/group quest. You CAN solo it with aid of some stim packs or possibly a heal stim during fights. If you see a silver icon next to their overhead health bar that indicates they're a tougher than normal mob. I guess you didn't play WoW but it would be the same as a silver/gold dragon unique creature.

As a trooper you can try to sticky grenade the mobs wearing the officer uniform and take them out of the damage upon you equation for a few seconds that typically is the edge you need. If you have cryo grenade yet that also can be used to hold them while you kill the mercenary one.

Don't forget as well that when mobs are on fire from your plasma bolt that you get @ lvl 4-5 the other skill shot becomes available that deals a quick damage shot which can turn the tides.

HeartbreakRidge
12-18-2011, 02:07 PM
Well, thanks for the tips. I ended up getting the rest of the quests I missed and I think the mortar volley I got at level 10 might have made the difference - but then I went and grouped up with Rooney and a friend and it was pretty easy!

Now I'm at the fleet and have no idea which way to go now. :)

RooneyFan
12-19-2011, 10:40 AM
Man its tough keeping up with these sub threads, but if its any indication this game is going to stick with us for a bit. anyway I am a Trooper and just got to the Fleet and specialized in Vanguard with AmorTech crafting. Bahgridrooney I think is my name. I have headed off to Coruscant to start that process but I am interested in going back to OrdMantell to do the "Hero" quests. I think I can do them with just my companion, but I think it would be more fun to do it with some Agers. I'll be on tonight I think.

HeartbreakRidge
12-19-2011, 10:51 AM
I am interested in going back to OrdMantell to do the "Hero" quests. I think I can do them with just my companion, but I think it would be more fun to do it with some Agers. I'll be on tonight I think.

I should be done with gym, dinner and chores by 9:30 ish, and definitely could knock off those Hero quests on Ord Mantell if you like!

DOC GLOCK
12-19-2011, 10:55 AM
I should be done with gym, dinner and chores by 9:30 ish, and definitely could knock off those Hero quests on Ord Mantell if you like!I may want to join you guys but remember servers down tonight I think starting at 6 CST for about 5 hours getting ready for official launch.

HeartbreakRidge
12-19-2011, 11:02 AM
I may want to join you guys but remember servers down tonight I think starting at 6 CST for about 5 hours getting ready for official launch.

oops. Good catch, I'd missed that.

Vampyre
12-19-2011, 07:11 PM
I rolled that place with 2 other people. If anyone needs help in the area just LMK.