PDA

View Full Version : AGE SWTOR Guild on Dreshdae Cantina

DOC GLOCK
12-12-2011, 11:15 AM
And so it begins. We have been imported in the game on Dreshdae Cantina http://www.swtor.com/guilds/95247/adult-gaming-enthusiasts . For those interested in SW lore http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/The_Drunk_Side .

Hoping to get early access invite for December 13 so I can make sure I get in the game to get the Guild off to a good/early start (will have to sneak out of work early).

Wondering if I should ask the powers that be on AGE for a sub forum under Computer gaming for the SWTOR Guild so that we can keep things organized?

Kaldesh
12-12-2011, 11:42 AM
Sounds good to me! Ive been waiting and havnt heard boo from SWTOR yet myself. But I like a server that refers to us as 'the drunk side' anytime!

I shall be starting my Counselor of course, and having fun as soon as possible. I heard though that early access started the 15 for pre-orders? Not sure/

HeartbreakRidge
12-12-2011, 11:45 AM
Wondering if I should ask the powers that be on AGE for a sub forum under Computer gaming for the SWTOR Guild so that we can keep things organized?

I think that's a good idea.

HeartbreakRidge
12-12-2011, 11:46 AM
I heard though that early access started the 15 for pre-orders? Not sure/

Early access starts as early as the 15th, but what date you actually get access on depends on when you redeemed your preorder code.

Aychtuo
12-12-2011, 11:48 AM
My early access starts tomorrow at 7am. I preordered I think one of the first days it was available to be preordered and registered my code that day.

DOC GLOCK
12-12-2011, 11:54 AM
I think that's a good idea.Thought you were one of the powers :-)

DOC GLOCK
12-12-2011, 11:55 AM
My early access starts tomorrow at 7am. I preordered I think one of the first days it was available to be preordered and registered my code that day.Me too, but I still have not recieved an email giving me any instructions.

Aychtuo
12-12-2011, 12:27 PM
I would say go ahead and preload the game and try it tomorrow, maybe something happened to the email and it didn't get delivered or sent to you. http://www.swtor.com/early-access

HeartbreakRidge
12-12-2011, 12:30 PM
Thought you were one of the powers :-)

I'm only a mod, with demi-god powers to smite and such. Creating a new forum is far above my pay grade!

DOC GLOCK
12-12-2011, 04:25 PM
Hope this helps those finding the Guild http://www.swtor.com/blog/guild-deployment-details

Jaydia
12-12-2011, 06:34 PM
I can not wait to play!

DOC GLOCK
12-13-2011, 06:03 AM
I would say go ahead and preload the game and try it tomorrow, maybe something happened to the email and it didn't get delivered or sent to you. http://www.swtor.com/early-accessThis worked. Got in briefly enough before I had to leave for work and created first character named Doc who is a smuggler. Guild now up and running on the Dreshdae Cantina. For those who were on guild roster prior to Bioware locking the forums, you should be able to easily import your first character in the guild by just clicking yes at prompt. For those not in guild yet, please send me an invite request. Sorry for multiple threads but started this new one so folks would not have to read through pages to find info.

Aychtuo
12-13-2011, 06:16 AM
This worked. Got in briefly enough before I had to leave for work and created first character named Doc who is a smuggler. Guild now up and running on the Dreshdae Cantina. For those who were on guild roster prior to Bioware locking the forums, you should be able to easily import your first character in the guild by just clicking yes at prompt. For those not in guild yet, please send me an invite request. Sorry for multiple threads but started this new one so folks would not have to read through pages to find info.

Great glad it worked for you. I am unable to get in. It say I have no active subscription on this account. I got an email that said I had access on the 13th at 7am EST. Not sure what's going on, if they are rolling it out slowly or what.

Slarty
12-13-2011, 06:42 AM
Great glad it worked for you. I am unable to get in. It say I have no active subscription on this account. I got an email that said I had access on the 13th at 7am EST. Not sure what's going on, if they are rolling it out slowly or what.

I get the "no active subscription" message too. I think when you enter the official game code after opening day, that will go away. The thing is, I don't know where I get the official game code from. I ordered the collector's edition through Walmart. I assume the game code will come with that but it hasn't shipped yet.

Aychtuo
12-13-2011, 06:46 AM
I entered my preorder code the day I did the preorder, which is why I got the email. Mine should be active.

Laronvas
12-13-2011, 06:50 AM
I just logged in and never got any preorder early access start up code. I think the accounts are just flagged for log in.

Slarty
12-13-2011, 06:53 AM
I entered my preorder code the day I did the preorder, which is why I got the email. Mine should be active.

The official game code is a different code. It's to be entered when you set up your subscription sometime on or after opening day. At least that is what I read on the SWTOR website.

http://www.swtor.com/preorder/faq#q209657

Will I need a different code when the Game officially launches or is the Pre-Order Code all I will need to play once the Game goes live?
Yes, once the Game officially launches you will need to redeem a Game Code, which is supplied with your copy of Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Laronvas
12-13-2011, 07:35 AM
The official game code is a different code. It's to be entered when you set up your subscription sometime on or after opening day. At least that is what I read on the SWTOR website.

http://www.swtor.com/preorder/faq#q209657

Will I need a different code when the Game officially launches or is the Pre-Order Code all I will need to play once the Game goes live?
Yes, once the Game officially launches you will need to redeem a Game Code, which is supplied with your copy of Star Wars: The Old Republic.

The email worded it so that since we don't have an actual CD key from the retail package we'd be sent a temporary CD key style code for the early access period. (as a way to control player influx) However I just logged in and started playing so they changed their plan or realized how easy it is to simply "turn your account on" and turn it off again @ midnight 12/20.

Slarty
12-13-2011, 07:40 AM
The email worded it so that since we don't have an actual CD key from the retail package we'd be sent a temporary CD key style code for the early access period. (as a way to control player influx) However I just logged in and started playing so they changed their plan or realized how easy it is to simply "turn your account on" and turn it off again @ midnight 12/20.

I'm amazed at how confusing they've made all of this. It just seems overly complex for just playing a game.

Laronvas
12-13-2011, 07:46 AM
Update: I did actually receive an email over night that was a sort of "Welcome to Early" access email but it was very generic and had instructions on entering my early access key (which I did months ago), downloading the client, creating any account, etc.

That email even though it's completely generic might be what actually acts as your notice of subscription activation. Aychtuo or someone else would have to confirm if they have yet to receive that email to verify that's the official "go play!" notice.

Slarty
12-13-2011, 11:10 AM
My toon names in the guild are:

Kalin
D'nalt

Aychtuo
12-13-2011, 11:42 AM
Ok I guess all I got was the preload and be ready email. Subject line "Pre-load the game now", so maybe I'm not in the first wave. I may have waited a day or two after preordering I guess. Wish there was a way I could check the date I entered my preorder code.

Slarty
12-13-2011, 12:50 PM
Ok I guess all I got was the preload and be ready email. Subject line "Pre-load the game now", so maybe I'm not in the first wave. I may have waited a day or two after preordering I guess. Wish there was a way I could check the date I entered my preorder code.

You can. Log onto your account on the SWTOR website and go to the code redemption link from your account page.

Aychtuo
12-13-2011, 12:56 PM
Ahh ok thanks! This is what I have. I don't know what day it started on. I also don't remember entering any code in november at all, just the one in July.

Below is a list of valid Star Wars: The Old Republic codes that have been redeemed under this account.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

11.02.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Early Game Access: Ready to patch

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

07.28.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Collector's Edition Pre-Order

HeartbreakRidge
12-13-2011, 04:47 PM
I'm in! I at least joined the guild and said hi to Doc for a sec. BF3 tonight mostly though!

Laronvas
12-13-2011, 05:00 PM
The moment we've all been waiting for is finally here. Early Game Access* has started, and you can now begin your adventure. To start playing, click on the button below and follow the steps outlined on the page. Welcome to your Star Wars™ saga.

This is the body of email that will signal your able to log in. The title will be "Your Saga Begins"

Apparently they're only sending out 5 waves of access invites per day with promise EVERYONE will get atleast 1 day of early access. Sounds like crap to only allow some people 1 day access but then again they never promised a certain # of days.

TazmanAK
12-13-2011, 08:55 PM
Level 5 so far. I'm "Tazman" just in case it was confusing :)

babaloou
12-14-2011, 07:41 AM
Hey Doc I'm trying to add you to my friends list but it said that Doc doesn't exist?

Kaldesh
12-14-2011, 08:24 AM
Well, I'm f*cked. GOW3 DLC released last night... this morning? I get my pre-play invite to SW:TOR. And... I still have Skyrim I'm playing. Yep... my future is a really tough one.

I'll see you folks in game tonight!

HeartbreakRidge
12-14-2011, 08:38 AM
My trooper toon is Inara, FYI.

Laronvas
12-14-2011, 09:51 AM
Hey Doc I'm trying to add you to my friends list but it said that Doc doesn't exist?

He may have to be onlIne for it to actually work. Games get more advanced /friend gets more archaic

Side note: I was on heavy yesterday to get people invited but will be at work for the next 48hrs followed by 6-12 hrs of new computer building (for SWTOR) and some school paperwork.

I'll try to be on Friday night heavy even as an invite bot for people if needing invites for everyones ALT's or none pre-register new comers.

MasochisticLamb
12-14-2011, 10:08 AM
I was able to log in earlier today on my first character (her name is Harmon) and get her into the guild. Is there someone specific I should contact to get my other toons into the guild?

babaloou
12-14-2011, 12:04 PM
He may have to be onlIne for it to actually work. Games get more advanced /friend gets more archaic

Side note: I was on heavy yesterday to get people invited but will be at work for the next 48hrs followed by 6-12 hrs of new computer building (for SWTOR) and some school paperwork.

I'll try to be on Friday night heavy even as an invite bot for people if needing invites for everyones ALT's or none pre-register new comers.

I was able to add everyone else that wasn't online.. maybe he spelled the name wrong?

babaloou
12-14-2011, 12:05 PM
I'll be on tonight after 8:30 EST ready to get my trooper leveled up.. anyone else around that time?

DOC GLOCK
12-14-2011, 12:16 PM
I'll be on tonight after 8:30 EST ready to get my trooper leveled up.. anyone else around that time?I should be on around that time. Anyone up for doing the first Flashpoint?

HeartbreakRidge
12-14-2011, 01:12 PM
Anyone up for doing the first Flashpoint?

Is there a minimum level requirement?

JasperXtreme
12-14-2011, 01:41 PM
I screwed up yesterday. I created my consular, logged into the game, accepted the automatic guild invite and then realized I forgot to change something during character creation, so I logged out and deleted the character to fix it and along with it deleted my guild access. :(

Can I get a new invite from somebody please?

This evening I'll either be playing a Consular (Windra) or a trooper (Azgrim).

Definity
12-14-2011, 03:46 PM
Still waiting on my early access invite. I did my pre-order so late that I don't plan on getting access until Friday. Think I've decided to go with a gunslinger for my first character.

JasperXtreme
12-14-2011, 04:48 PM
I screwed up yesterday. I created my consular, logged into the game, accepted the automatic guild invite and then realized I forgot to change something during character creation, so I logged out and deleted the character to fix it and along with it deleted my guild access. :(

Can I get a new invite from somebody please?

This evening I'll either be playing a Consular (Windra) or a trooper (Azgrim).

Aych took care of me. Thank you sir!

Vampyre
12-16-2011, 06:40 AM
Awesome a server thats a bar name :-) Good times ahead.

Definity
12-16-2011, 08:17 AM
OK. Finally logged in and created a character. God, I'm such an MMO noob, lol. Wasted a good hour or so just getting comfortable with all the menus, controls, key binds....the list goes on. Also forced AA in the .ini file and it looks good.
So, can someone send me a guild invite or can I request to join? Thanks! Character name: Definity

Wild Coyote
12-16-2011, 09:55 AM
I got in yesterday and am trying to sort out the guild thing... Can I send a guild request? I only saw information about creating a guild.

I'm still a bit undecided on my character, but would love to get into the guild tonight once I've made a firm decision on my race and class. Is there an officer list that I can message in-game for an invite?

Laronvas
12-16-2011, 10:06 AM
Awesome a server thats a bar name :-) Good times ahead.

Does that mean we'll have a "Beers of Wars" Hutt ball tourney?

Vampyre
12-16-2011, 10:17 AM
Does that mean we'll have a "Beers of Wars" Hutt ball tourney?

I dunno. But there will be drunken friday/saturday night flashpoint grinds thats for sure :-p

Laronvas
12-16-2011, 10:26 AM
I got in yesterday and am trying to sort out the guild thing... Can I send a guild request? I only saw information about creating a guild.

I'm still a bit undecided on my character, but would love to get into the guild tonight once I've made a firm decision on my race and class. Is there an officer list that I can message in-game for an invite?

There doesn't appear to be any request system since the game launched. The original pre-register had a nice system but that is closed. They are furthering guild system tools in some upcoming patches so hopefully the game will have application process in-game or web based eventually.

I will be on some today but I will be tearing down computer soon for a new build so may be offline awhile. If you have a character right now to get in guild PM me ASAP and I'll hop on before I tear apart computer.

RooneyFan
12-16-2011, 04:00 PM
Going to log on tonight. How to I get hooked up with the Vent server?

Wild Coyote
12-16-2011, 04:25 PM
I think Coyara will be my main... For now. If someone would send me a guild invite, that would be great!

RooneyFan
12-16-2011, 07:10 PM
I;m loggin gon now but I need ventrillo. Is there a link

Run_Jay_Run
12-17-2011, 08:26 PM
Portash needs an invite, please. He's going to be my healer. I will eventually have a toon for each role. Having a blast so far, and looking forward to playing with some AGE'rs.

Slarty
12-18-2011, 05:23 AM
Portash needs an invite, please. He's going to be my healer. I will eventually have a toon for each role. Having a blast so far, and looking forward to playing with some AGE'rs.

Hey Jay! Noticed the WV logo. I'm an alumnus of WVU. Class of '77.

HeartbreakRidge
12-18-2011, 08:41 AM
I will eventually have a toon for each role.

Eventually, so will we all :)

Jaydia
12-18-2011, 04:41 PM
could someone send me an invite or how too on getting in..I just got in the game now.

DOC GLOCK
12-18-2011, 05:12 PM
could someone send me an invite or how too on getting in..I just got in the game now.Welcome Jaydia. Send a whisper to one of the officers and we will get you in the guild. Several on tonight, server currently full so I'm not in yet.

TazmanAK
12-18-2011, 10:57 PM
Ya just need to be on and name of your toon.

Jaydia
12-19-2011, 05:21 AM
My char name is Jaydia

RooneyFan
12-19-2011, 06:14 AM
I am having a blast with game. I can see this lasting for a while. Thanks to Heartbreak for the assistance on my final quests on OrdMantell.

Definity
12-19-2011, 07:30 AM
Yeah, this game has hooks in me now. Slowly but surely I'm getting comfortable with the controls, menus, etc. Picked up a razer naga mouse and have been teaching myself to use all the side keys for all combat abilities and I think with another few hours of playtime it will feel completely natural.

RooneyFan
12-19-2011, 07:33 AM
I have the nostromo mini keypad that I am going to customise. The one thing I want to change is to tweek movement controls. I think I want the mouse to behave more like the right thumbstick on a controller instead of having to press the right mb to look.:D

Aychtuo
12-19-2011, 07:44 AM
I have the nostromo mini keypad that I am going to customise. The one thing I want to change is to tweek movement controls. I think I want the mouse to behave more like the right thumbstick on a controller instead of having to press the right mb to look.:D

I think you'll get use to it. You use the right mouse button to turn your characer and the left mouse button to rotate your camera, which is good for looking around you while you're fighting.

Vampyre
12-19-2011, 09:09 AM
Yeah, this game has hooks in me now. Slowly but surely I'm getting comfortable with the controls, menus, etc. Picked up a razer naga mouse and have been teaching myself to use all the side keys for all combat abilities and I think with another few hours of playtime it will feel completely natural.

I got the razer naga epic and its works great for this. Its taking a bit of getting use though.

Definity
12-19-2011, 09:12 AM
I got the razer naga epic and its works great for this. Its taking a bit of getting use though.

Very cool. The wireless would be an awesome addition. How is the battery life?

Vampyre
12-19-2011, 09:42 AM
Very cool. The wireless would be an awesome addition. How is the battery life?

I think I made it to about 12 hours straight during the SWTOR session this weekend. Plugged it in and keep on going.

grumpyshrapnel
12-19-2011, 06:29 PM
I picked up this game to give me something to do next week while at inlaws for a week with no PS3.

TazmanAK
12-19-2011, 06:57 PM
I picked up this game to give me something to do next week while at inlaws for a week with no PS3.

Many Bothans died so that this could happen.

Welcome to the party.

HeartbreakRidge
12-19-2011, 07:20 PM

I get to game with GRUMPY?

*faints*

Jaydia
12-19-2011, 07:41 PM
Ill log in once the servers pop up, or atleast try too :)

CptDomano
12-20-2011, 02:24 AM
Sooo, it's 5:30 am est and I want to hop on to get my newest toon up to lvl 10 before everyone else starts coming on. Our server is the only server that has a queue right now. At 5:30am :rofl:

Just thought that was amusing ;)

CptDomano
12-20-2011, 02:25 AM
Many Bothans died so that this could happen.

I've been wondering when the Star Wars jokes would start ;)

Welcome aboard, grumpy

grumpyshrapnel
12-20-2011, 04:18 AM
I get to game with GRUMPY?

*faints*
You may get lucky, wait that didn't sound good.

Definity
12-20-2011, 04:33 AM
Sooo, it's 5:30 am est and I want to hop on to get my newest toon up to lvl 10 before everyone else starts coming on. Our server is the only server that has a queue right now. At 5:30am :rofl:

Just thought that was amusing ;)

Wow. Just for kicks I checked again before I logged into work and it still had a 10 min queue. Looks like they added a few servers over the night as well. Actually, I seen a bunch of servers with queue times on them.

Run_Jay_Run
12-20-2011, 05:40 AM
Tried to log just now, ten minute queue. This does not bode well for prime evening hours.

RooneyFan
12-20-2011, 05:54 AM
I logged on at 6:30 and had to wait 10 MIN. Didn't look busy in coruscant so I wonder if it was all. New folks in Europe at their starting zone.

Run_Jay_Run
12-20-2011, 06:02 AM
I logged on at 6:30 and had to wait 10 MIN. Didn't look busy in coruscant so I wonder if it was all. New folks in Europe at their starting zone.

It's possible, but why would they pick a North American server, when there are plenty of European servers to pick from? I'm thinking it's a bunch of Americans that came down with SWTOR fever. :D

RooneyFan
12-20-2011, 06:14 AM
Your probably right. I am excited to get some more of this game in. I did some of the Coruscant missions but I need to research how to get some better armor/shields. I just seem to be loosing health too quickly when I am in a fight with a Boss and the cool downs on teh med packs don't make sense to me. Could be that i am just use to pounding potions in skyrim to get my health up. Am I just not employing the correct strategy?

Aychtuo
12-20-2011, 06:51 AM
You should have some defensive abilities, I have a couple and I am a dps class. I save them for elites and such. On top of that, you'll get armor through quests, you can also spend your commendations at the specialty goods vendor for armor and weapons and mods.

HeartbreakRidge
12-20-2011, 07:26 AM
you can also spend your commendations at the specialty goods vendor for armor and weapons and mods.

Yeah, I remember on Ord Mantell I got enough commendations to get some Blue armor from the specialty vendor, it was much better than any other loot drop or the normal armor vendors.

RooneyFan
12-20-2011, 08:37 AM
This is realy cool calculator of skills

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#801.1

TazmanAK
12-20-2011, 08:40 AM
Argggg, so I finally flushed enough people out of airlocks, and let a few people die in a gas explosion so that I have made it to Dark Level 1 with my jedi. The downside is I apparently had a double bladed light saber equipped that I can no longer use because I'm dark side. The only place I can find to buy a light saber that allows dark side to use it is on Coruscant with 14 commendations from the vendor. Has to be the dark euridite double bladed saber usable by Dark I and above.

So anyone know of anywhere else to get a dark side light saber? Or anyone willing to buy the one on Coruscant and send it to me? I have 10 commendations and could buy you something in return. It was really annoying in that I can't do any damage with lightsaber skills and I searched the fleet and Taris last night for a light saber to buy but there wasn't anything available.

CptDomano
12-20-2011, 08:46 AM
How many commendations is it? 14? I'll check and see how many my trooper has when I log in (get through the queue...I'm 111th right now) and if I have some I'll toss 'em your way.

Well, check that...Apparently you can't send commendations to friends :( I have one floating one that is sitting in my regular inventory and not my "currency", so I'll send that to you.

RooneyFan
12-20-2011, 08:49 AM
Argggg, so I finally flushed enough people out of airlocks, and let a few people die in a gas explosion so that I have made it to Dark Level 1 with my jedi. The downside is I apparently had a double bladed light saber equipped that I can no longer use because I'm dark side. The only place I can find to buy a light saber that allows dark side to use it is on Coruscant with 14 commendations from the vendor. Has to be the dark euridite double bladed saber usable by Dark I and above.

So anyone know of anywhere else to get a dark side light saber? Or anyone willing to buy the one on Coruscant and send it to me? I have 10 commendations and could buy you something in return. It was really annoying in that I can't do any damage with lightsaber skills and I searched the fleet and Taris last night for a light saber to buy but there wasn't anything available.

So does this mean your faction affiliation changes?

TazmanAK
12-20-2011, 08:49 AM
How many commendations is it? 14? I'll check and see how many my trooper has when I log in (get through the queue...I'm 111th right now) and if I have some I'll toss 'em your way.
I think I might have found a way. Aych can make red crystal which should hopefully turn my lightsaber dark. If not I have 10 commendations and I'll just run a couple dailies to get the rest I need. I don't think you can send commendations to another player.

RooneyFan
12-20-2011, 08:52 AM
BTW - I am so jealous right now that you guys are playing....lol

DOC GLOCK
12-20-2011, 08:54 AM
So does this mean your faction affiliation changes?No, just changes what weapons and armor you can use, i think.

Laronvas
12-20-2011, 09:04 AM
So I'm one of the lucky few that got day1 early access and yet in the past 7 days maybe actually played 6 hrs due to picking up work shifts. Now on launch day I'm on regular duty day and STILL not able to play!

My only bright light is the new rig I got sitting at home waiting for some SWTOR on all high settings.

So in passing, I hate you all today :o P

Laronvas
12-20-2011, 09:05 AM
No, just changes what weapons and armor you can use, i think.

Correct, they want eventually to have the story branch more for light/dark similar to ME but think it's a ways off

TazmanAK
12-20-2011, 09:10 AM
It's kind of funny cause usually when I'm in a group they are rooting for me to win the roll so that the dark option happens. Everyone in the group gets light or dark depending on what they chose individually, but the decision on what happens in the quest goes to the winner of the roll :)

Vampyre
12-21-2011, 06:16 AM
Last night was 100% flawless. I could not tell it was official launch at all. Just a great 6 hour session with no problems or lag that I could see. /clap @ bioware.

I was expecting to see a FLOOD of people. But cora and even the essles area only had 130 and 70 at most times. I was expecting to see a 500 ish on cora at least. I dont think there phasing the game area as I ran into definity while running around. Also ran into capt the other day to.

Jaydia
12-21-2011, 03:16 PM
My POS video card is not liking it! I am going to get a new one as soon as I can....and I really want this too :P cuz Im a dork!
http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_US/DisplayCategoryProductListPage/categoryID.57478500?utm_source=RazerStore_US&utm_campaign=Store_HP_US&utm_medium=rightbanner

TazmanAK
12-22-2011, 12:17 AM
My POS video card is not liking it! I am going to get a new one as soon as I can....and I really want this too :P cuz Im a dork!
http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_US/DisplayCategoryProductListPage/categoryID.57478500?utm_source=RazerStore_US&utm_campaign=Store_HP_US&utm_medium=rightbanner
Make sure you turn off "Shadows" in the graphics settings. It'll make a big difference.

Aftershoxx72
12-22-2011, 03:14 AM
Good call on turning off shadows Taz, i stumbled on that last night. Anyone else having vertical sync issues? Full screen (windowed) seems to help, but locks out the gamma correction in settings. Still an hour to kill before the servers are up, guess i could spend that time kicking myself for not checking to see if there was going to be an Age guild and server to start on.. totally worth starting over for tho! Potential problem though, is vent required? I'm not mic'd on my comp yet.

DOC GLOCK
12-22-2011, 04:13 AM
Good call on turning off shadows Taz, i stumbled on that last night. Anyone else having vertical sync issues? Full screen (windowed) seems to help, but locks out the gamma correction in settings. Still an hour to kill before the servers are up, guess i could spend that time kicking myself for not checking to see if there was going to be an Age guild and server to start on.. totally worth starting over for tho! Potential problem though, is vent required? I'm not mic'd on my comp yet.Vent is not required although it is available for anyone. You can always listen to the chatter.

RooneyFan
12-22-2011, 04:32 AM
Awesome. Trying to log on this morning and getting the "you need a subscription" message, and then can't get the EA.com link to work that takes you to where you can get a subscription. Bioware so far +100, EA so far -100. how can they be prepared to get all the people in the game but not be prepared to handle all the subscriptions requests. Unbelievable EA.

CptDomano
12-22-2011, 05:00 AM
Awesome. Trying to log on this morning and getting the "you need a subscription" message, and then can't get the EA.com link to work that takes you to where you can get a subscription. Bioware so far +100, EA so far -100. how can they be prepared to get all the people in the game but not be prepared to handle all the subscriptions requests. Unbelievable EA.

Well, in their defense, they did have a big announcement on the launcher saying to set up your subscription yesterday.

However, I don't think you go through EA.com to set up the subscription. You do all your account stuff through SWTOR.com. Have you tried that?

DOC GLOCK
12-22-2011, 05:18 AM
Awesome. Trying to log on this morning and getting the "you need a subscription" message, and then can't get the EA.com link to work that takes you to where you can get a subscription. Bioware so far +100, EA so far -100. how can they be prepared to get all the people in the game but not be prepared to handle all the subscriptions requests. Unbelievable EA.Agree that there have been some issues with login, subscriptions, etc. I got locked out regarding the security questions and spent several days on hold trying to get things reset.

RooneyFan
12-22-2011, 07:11 AM
Here is what they say. And actually the Domain that is used for subscription/registration is an EA.com domain.

CURRENT SYSTEM ALERTS

Due to the high volume of new game codes being redeemed on SWTOR.com, some users may currently be seeing a waiting page. We are intentionally controlling the flow of traffic and letting as many people through as possible. We appreciate your patience. Please check the Forums or the official SWTOR Twitter page for more information and updates. Please check the Forums or the official SWTOR Twitter page for more information and updates.

Furthermore:

The Old Republic @SWTOR
2h The #SWTOR website login page is currently offline while we work to resolve key redemption and subscription issues.

RooneyFan
12-22-2011, 10:39 AM
Here is what they say. And actually the Domain that is used for subscription/registration is an EA.com domain.

CURRENT SYSTEM ALERTS

Due to the high volume of new game codes being redeemed on SWTOR.com, some users may currently be seeing a waiting page. We are intentionally controlling the flow of traffic and letting as many people through as possible. We appreciate your patience. Please check the Forums or the official SWTOR Twitter page for more information and updates. Please check the Forums or the official SWTOR Twitter page for more information and updates.

Furthermore:

The Old Republic @SWTOR
2h The #SWTOR website login page is currently offline while we work to resolve key redemption and subscription issues.

Ok the update is good. I have now been able to log on and apply a subscription. They must have some how fixed it or the volume finally funneled through.

Interestingly I bought the Digital Standard additional and as soon as I was done with the subscription transaction, it brought me to a screen where it said I could exclusivly update my product to the Digital Delux version. apparently I would get

Flare Gun
Training Droid
HoloDancer
HoloCam
STAP In-Game Vehicle

Not sure this is worth the $19.99 it would cost to update. Maybe the HoloDancer lol,

Aftershoxx72
12-23-2011, 04:08 AM
I saw that too. looks cool but i'm not sure if its available as you play the game at some point, or will be in the future. If the holodancer is the blue cantina band guy, might want to pass on it, lol. On a side note, who do i send a msg to in game to get in the guild?

RooneyFan
12-23-2011, 05:15 AM
There are a bunch of us who can do it.

TazmanAK
12-23-2011, 08:53 AM
I saw that too. looks cool but i'm not sure if its available as you play the game at some point, or will be in the future. If the holodancer is the blue cantina band guy, might want to pass on it, lol. On a side note, who do i send a msg to in game to get in the guild?

I've been on a lot shox, send me a tell to "Tazman" or "Greeda" I'll be on one of those two toons.

Laronvas
12-23-2011, 09:31 AM
Flare Gun
Training Droid
HoloDancer
HoloCam
STAP In-Game Vehicle

Flare Gun - almost pointless, it just mimics the cinematic from Alderaan when trooper shots flare to signal the beat the sith (maybe useful if your standing somewhere and need group to find you??)

Training Droid - not sure sounds unique to digital deluxe (CE gets vanity pet mouse droid)

HoloDancer - REALLY pointless. Looks just like all the blue holo dancers in cantinas. Maybe if you're a creepy perv type it's a must have lol

HoloCam - KInd of cool, takes screenshots in first person mode (not sure if that's possible normally)

STAP In-Game Vehicle - Unique looking level 25 require mount. Training is the main expense though so not a SUPER savings but every bit counts.

Aftershoxx72
12-23-2011, 11:33 PM
I've been on a lot shox, send me a tell to "Tazman" or "Greeda" I'll be on one of those two toons.

will do, and ty. i've got until the end of the 1st week of january off, so i should be able to catch up in levels.

WRX22BSTi
12-31-2011, 03:25 PM
So how does one become a part of this guild? Is there an application I need to fill out? Some sort of tryout? Maybe an obstacle course?

DOC GLOCK
12-31-2011, 08:35 PM
So how does one become a part of this guild? Is there an application I need to fill out? Some sort of tryout? Maybe an obstacle course?Bring me some bourbon and credits and you are in.

WRX22BSTi
01-01-2012, 05:50 AM
Bring me some bourbon and credits and you are in.

Do you want me to lather him up first? Bound and gagged or just on a leash?

Or do you not know Bourbon?

DOC GLOCK
01-01-2012, 09:07 AM
Do you want me to lather him up first? Bound and gagged or just on a leash?

Or do you not know Bourbon?Leash will do :-) We are on server Dreshdae Cantina, send me a message and we will get you in to the guild.

WRX22BSTi
01-01-2012, 03:11 PM
I ran into Zerocool on Corascant. After trying to get his attention 4 20 minutes, he finally realized it was me, and still sent me a guild invite. So I'm in. Thanks.

Vampyre
01-06-2012, 07:01 AM
So my interest is waning. I think its the environments or something or maybe a lack of connection between areas. Corrusant is a major fail IMOP. 1 main hub and 3 or 4 platforms with different mobs and long hallways. One thing that put me off was I had to return to Corusant to talk to a chick in her apartment. Well to get there I had to walk through the same gang members fighting talk to her then walk back through all of that. It felt out of place. The areas do not seem well laid out or something. Just doesn't feel like a town or major city. This is kind of hard to explain. But the map layouts and lack of connection or something is really off putting.

The thing that is awesome is the flashpoints. I would rather run them with people over and over then quest for hours on end. But over the last week there has been less and less people shouting for them and making a party is also taking forever. Seems like people have moved on in level or just dont run them anymore.

Loving the combat and tanking on trooper.

CptDomano
01-06-2012, 07:08 AM
I can agree with you on a few of those points, Vamp. Since I've ran through Coruscant with all my alts now I really just find a way to avoid most of the fighting unless it's part of a bonus objectives. And I can tell you the feeling of lack of connection gets even worse when you move on to Taris or Nar Shaddaa--the maps get bigger and you're spending even longer running from spot to spot taking on/avoiding mobs.

I'm still enjoying the game though and actually welcome the fact that work has cut into my SWTOR time, as I can take the game in little chunks now and not get burned out from a marathon session. I think there's still enough extra stuff (flashpoints, space combat, playing as a Sith) going on that will keep me interested for awhile.

Plus the difference in classes really does change the way I play the game. My Jedi Guardian, Commando, and Gunslinger all have different approaches to mobs so at least it gives me a little change when I'm doing "Enemies of the Republic" one more time ;)

Kaldesh
01-06-2012, 07:51 AM
I've been insanely busy over the last few weeks with the holidays, family / friends being home, and well ontop of that? I'm selling my house and going through the process of settling things with the prospective buyers... it's quite a task. Also, Thursdays are GoW3 League, so those nights I'm tied up.

However? Look for me to be online more now that things are settling down from the holidays, and my deal for my house is a bit more settled. But, if we're interested in running FPs? and more over, Operations at max lvl? I'll certainly be in for those when the time arrives. Also, I will be spec'ing my Sage as a more 'pure' healer once I hit max level. For now... I just thought it would be too difficult to level up with out the punch. Jedi Sage's Telekenetic abilities are quite amazing, they can dish out a lot of dmg, and because of their healing... they have the ability to stick around in a fight a lot longer, and also spot heal in grps when the MH gets in trouble.

HeartbreakRidge
01-06-2012, 08:40 AM
I still need to hook up with someone to run the Heroic missions on Coruscant (and starting world), though I'm only 16 atm.

DOC GLOCK
01-06-2012, 10:48 AM
Been pretty hard for us to group because of differences in lvl. Will be much better once we all have at least one toon at lvl 50. Plus, we have more healers than I expected.

RooneyFan
01-06-2012, 10:50 AM
I am lvl 18 on my trooper and hoping to get on tonight and do some grouping if anyone is still near my level. I am also thinking of starting an Imp character to see what that story line is like.

HeartbreakRidge
01-06-2012, 11:26 AM
Been pretty hard for us to group because of differences in lvl. Will be much better once we all have at least one toon at lvl 50. Plus, we have more healers than I expected.

That's going to be a long while for me :)

Definity
01-06-2012, 11:26 AM
I will be on later tonight and playing for a long time. I'm lv.27 and plan on running heroics in Nar Shada and hit up the next flashpoint after Raiders (can't remember the name at the moment). Feel free to send me a msg if someone wants to group up.

Vampyre
01-07-2012, 12:41 AM
Ok so tonight.... Ran story quest on taris or w/e its called and WAS BORED TO HELL. The story part was good but running all over the place and running into no one and just mindless running almost did me in.... Got on vent and was able to chit chat for a bit with agers! That alone saved my sanity. Got the stroy stuff done but only got maybe about 20% of a level. It dinged me a SLIVER into 22. So i went back to the fleet and camped out in front of the flashpoints. I shouted for close to an hour and got a party together while i was duel boxing EQ2 :-p Got that part into athiss and BAM in 56 minutes I had 97% of lvl 22 done. Had a blast, got some gear and I was able to take and teach 2 new peeps this run through with only 1 death and it went off like clock work. THAT is what I love about mmo's This could of went either way. 1 a complete failure after the 1st boss or a complete success with a shit ton of XP and gear. Its the human factor that makes these games worth it. It might not be the fastest way to level but its the way I like to lvl.

Just got a invite to hammer run. :-) bbl no time to edit or spell check or re read.

Vampyre
01-07-2012, 01:16 AM
so its been what 35 mins later and im 23 and 1/2. This is what Im talking about! And get this the group I was just with wants to roll through Athiss now. FUCK YES. This is what MMO's are all about. This is where the fun is. This is what keeps you going and going and saying fuck sleep one more run.

Vampyre
01-07-2012, 01:52 AM
and 75% into 23 now after that athiss run. This is what is all about.

Vampyre
01-07-2012, 01:57 AM
And the low lvl 19 commando that won EVERY vs lot against me in both runs just ignore listed me cause i won the last lot on the final boss of athiss.... This is also what its all about the human factor. Quest grinding just does not have this stuff.

p.s. he also called me out on lotting need on aim/end pieces.... he though I was a guardian..........

Vampyre
01-07-2012, 02:33 AM
And zone was dead with 23 in fleet with no chance in hell of putting together another group. Started chatting up /1 and all of the sudden got talking ffxi. Some dood logged in and was like OMG just logged in and theres FFXI talk going on. I chated him up for a while then he randomly said Essles Do You Need It. I said i got a lvl 11 lets do it! Currently running it with 2 other peeps.

THIS IS WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT!

and 540am later im 13 :-)

DOC GLOCK
01-07-2012, 04:53 AM
Vampyre, glad you were able to find some groups last night. I also like hanging on vent to decrease the boredom of questing. Wish I could convince more peeps to do the same.

Definity
01-07-2012, 06:01 AM
Nice runs vamp.
I wanted to stay on and keep going last night when you joined vent but had to get up early. Catch you next time.

WRX22BSTi
01-07-2012, 09:34 AM
Vampyre, glad you were able to find some groups last night. I also like hanging on vent to decrease the boredom of questing. Wish I could convince more peeps to do the same.

I'll probably be asking about vent in a few days. Just have to get a microphone headset of some sort, and have no idea what I should get.

Vampyre
01-07-2012, 02:02 PM
The server gets really quiet at least on fleet starting at 2am - 8am when I went to bed. For such a new game I find it really strange there would only be 20 ish people in fleet considering its a main hub.

Vampyre
01-09-2012, 07:49 AM
I learned that unless the place your in says [1] then its not instanced out. I noticed this last night when looking at the guild menu. 3 people where on alderan and 2 where in alderan [1] and the other was just in alderan.

This game is REALLY prime time focus if you want to get any grouping done quick. from 5 to about 1 there will be around 100 people in fleet. After that it drops off as it gets later and later.

durtyb
01-09-2012, 01:45 PM
hi I'm new to age and even more so to mmos. i have downloaded ventriol and have a toon named Accos on the server how do i join the guild? and how do i use ventrilo?

Vampyre
01-10-2012, 06:08 AM
Vent info is in the guild message. Im sure one of one thats on will search for your toons name Accos and send ya a invite. Either that or hit up the toon list in one of the other posts and send a /tell in game. Anyone can invite you with /guild invite Accos

durtyb
01-10-2012, 09:38 AM
Ok thank you

Vampyre
01-10-2012, 09:50 AM
Ok thank you

I think you can hit u and search for adult gaming or just adult and it should populate a list of us in that menu. Not 100% sure though.

WRX22BSTi
01-10-2012, 03:33 PM
I'll probably be asking about vent in a few days. Just have to get a microphone headset of some sort, and have no idea what I should get.

I said I'd be back with questions about vent.

So I've got it installed and running. I can see Doc Glock and Slarty. Only Slarty was talking (I think. I couldn't hear anybody.) I figured out I need to double click on the room to get to that particular channel, but I have no idea if anyone can hear me or not because I can't hear anything.

Is there any kind of test site that I can use to make sure everything is working on my end?

n/m, got it working.

WRX22BSTi
01-12-2012, 04:57 AM
'Nother dumb question? How do I get my alt toons into the guild? Do I invite them myself from my main?

CptDomano
01-12-2012, 05:00 AM
'Nother dumb question? How do I get my alt toons into the guild? Do I invite them myself from my main?

You just have to contact an officer that is online at the time--I don't think you can invite someone who is offline.

RooneyFan
01-12-2012, 11:45 AM
I was hoping to some questing last night but was dissapointed when I loaded up Vent and no one was there. Is there a way to know if people are on but no logged into Vent without going all the way into the game.

CptDomano
01-12-2012, 12:11 PM
Not that I'm aware of--you gotta be in the game to check on people.

HeartbreakRidge
01-12-2012, 12:30 PM
I don't fire up Ventrilo unless I know I'm going to use it, so I was on last night but not in Ventrilo.

RooneyFan
01-14-2012, 05:39 PM
What about steam? Us there a was ugh for steam to notify of people playing g?

Slarty
01-16-2012, 10:01 AM
Usually it's just me and Doc and often Shin-ketiyo in vent.

TazmanAK
01-16-2012, 10:09 AM
I try to get in Vent, but usually not many on, and I guess my mic is either muting itself or cutting out as Aych jumped on and I thought I was talking to him but apparently he didn't hear me.

Aychtuo
01-16-2012, 10:10 AM
So we are starting to get there. Yuhi and me are both at 50 and I know Tazman, Jasper, and Nyellie are pretty close to it now. Only thing we are lacking is a tank, I'm not sure who our highest tank is, although I know Taz could respec to shadow tank. Anyone else in the 40's? Once we get a full group we can run some hard modes.

TazmanAK
01-16-2012, 11:18 AM
I hit 46 last night, and yep I can spec shadow tank if that works. I'm DPS right now but that's just for leveling.

BTW why do space missions get so freaking hard? I can't survive the ones at my level right now.

Aychtuo
01-16-2012, 11:32 AM
...BTW why do space missions get so freaking hard? I can't survive the ones at my level right now.

Yeah I had to stop doing them, I couldn't survive them or couldn't complete the objectives. Once you're able to get all the upgrades maxed out you can survive them again though. Talk to Jimmi/Yuhi, he can make the purple upgrades and those are the ones you need.

Definity
01-16-2012, 12:36 PM
I'm still having a fun time with the game and at the rate I'm able to play I will not hit 50 for another couple of months so I will catch up to you guys when I can. Can't wait to see how the end-game evolves and what content gets added.

Aychtuo
01-16-2012, 01:05 PM
Content gets added tomorrow!

Definity
01-16-2012, 01:31 PM
Yep. Content starts tomorrow with the 1.1 update:

http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20120113

SkeletalRaider
01-22-2012, 08:29 AM
Dreshdae Cantina - I'm in! Headed to the server now to create a new toon. Totally missed this post- thanks to Rooney for pointing it out. ;)

DOC GLOCK
01-22-2012, 11:51 AM
Dreshdae Cantina - I'm in! Headed to the server now to create a new toon. Totally missed this post- thanks to Rooney for pointing it out. ;)Welcome.

RooneyFan
01-31-2012, 04:42 PM
Anyone playing this? If so what nights are most popular? I saw about 4-5 people on line last night but none in Ventrillo. I'm afraid if I can't get more group play in with this game I probably going to loose interest. I am Level 20. Not as much fun doing the Story missions alone. Combat gets a little boring when there is no strategy involved other than pull as few guys as possible and click as many buttons as possible.

HeartbreakRidge
01-31-2012, 05:58 PM
Anyone playing this? If so what nights are most popular? I saw about 4-5 people on line last night but none in Ventrillo. I'm afraid if I can't get more group play in with this game I probably going to loose interest. I am Level 20. Not as much fun doing the Story missions alone. Combat gets a little boring when there is no strategy involved other than pull as few guys as possible and click as many buttons as possible.

I'm about 22, and Tuesday or Wed. is best, but I can hop in other nights sometimes. I also don't always hop into Ventrilo unless I know I'm hooking up with people.

DOC GLOCK
01-31-2012, 07:04 PM
Anyone playing this? If so what nights are most popular? I saw about 4-5 people on line last night but none in Ventrillo. I'm afraid if I can't get more group play in with this game I probably going to loose interest. I am Level 20. Not as much fun doing the Story missions alone. Combat gets a little boring when there is no strategy involved other than pull as few guys as possible and click as many buttons as possible.We have about 5-10 folks on most every night but only a few get on vent on a regular basis. A problem now is that people are spread out in level with several at 50, several closing in at 50, and then fewer below 30 who play regularly.

Aychtuo
02-01-2012, 07:10 AM
...Combat gets a little boring when there is no strategy involved other than pull as few guys as possible and click as many buttons as possible.

Oh see I think you're doing it wrong. You should pull as many guys as possible and click as few buttons as possible!

RooneyFan
02-03-2012, 10:11 AM
Then I realy don't know what I am doing because I talk to other people who don't die nearly as much as I do.

Aychtuo
02-03-2012, 10:55 AM
Then I realy don't know what I am doing because I talk to other people who don't die nearly as much as I do.

I was joking. :) There's really not much of a pulling strategy in this game. Groups are tied to each other, the only thing you really have to do is watch out for roamers. Also, if you're fighting say...4 mobs and you down 3 of them but you know you can't get the 4th, you can run away and after he resets he's alone. It doesn't respawn the other 3 guys when you do that.

You went Vanguard so you'll be running into the same problem I did on my Jedi Sentinal. No healing. So right now you have to try to burn down the bad guys before you run out of health. Try to use stims and med pacs when you can. It will get easier for you once you get your healing companion, a lot easier. I think she comes at the end of your class quest on Tanaris.. So once you get there if you focus on your class quests you'll get her and then can use her for the side quests on that planet.

RooneyFan
02-03-2012, 11:04 AM
Oh cool. that will be great. Right now my other companion is a Tank like me. No help.

Laronvas
09-29-2012, 05:12 PM
This server no longer exists it has been consolidated..check out my thread here for further information.

http://adultgamingenthusiasts.com/showthread.php?27344-Server-Consolidation-Information