PDA

View Full Version : NHL 11 Hockey Ultimate League Traders

WrekTaFyr
09-12-2010, 12:37 PM
So...I am HOOKED on HUL in NHL 11. I didn't think I'd enjoy it that much...but I now find myself trying to scoop up the jersey's for my home state teams. I figured there might be plenty of us here at AGE looking to trade around so I figured to of us that were interested could drop a post here and just edit it as you trade off cards or are searching for others. I'll up date this post later with some of the cards I have available for trade...I'm not near my 360 at the moment, but I know I have a rare contract card I'd be willing to trade off for some Portland Pirates or Lewiston Maineiacs jerseys/logos.

Have: Rare Contract(I'll update details when I can)

Want: Away Maineiacs Jersey, Maineiacs Logo, All Portland Pirates Jerseys, Portland Pirates Logo

kelsoe
09-12-2010, 01:38 PM
good idea, i didnt think anyone would be playing this since its a vs. style game mode..

however, have you confirmed a way of trading between friends? i only saw options to put cards up for auction and such..

Doublepugman
09-12-2010, 01:49 PM
I play this mode quite a bit. If I get any of those then we'll figure out a way for me to sell to you. So far I only have an Alternate Rangers Jersey, Silvertips home jersey, a random Euro jersey (have no idea which team) and the Swiss nation team Jersey.

Since I refuse to pay actual money for imaginary cards my team still sucks but I really like the offline tournaments.

WrekTaFyr
09-12-2010, 04:51 PM
however, have you confirmed a way of trading between friends? i only saw options to put cards up for auction and such..

Hmmmm...forgot about that part...damn. Let me do some research and get back to ya.

WrekTaFyr
09-12-2010, 06:12 PM
Alright...it's kinda complicated...but we CAN make this work.

First you gotta mark the cards you are willing to trade...follow these instructions:<ul> Go to My Collection Find Card Hit X for Card Options A to Send to Trade Pile[/list]

Now to go about the process of getting the other person's cards<ul> Go to Trading Search For Card Input the specific card criteria for the card you are looking for and then search Find said card and hit A for Card Options Bump down to Trade Offer and click A A to select blanked out card and input card you are willing to trade away[/list]

There it is...the only thing that could cause a little confusion would be if BOTH people are doing this trading process at the same time...but that aside...it should work pretty easily.

WrekTaFyr
09-12-2010, 06:53 PM
I wanna thank LastUrsa for helping me confirm that you CAN in fact trade cards person to person!! Let the trading begin!!!

kelsoe
09-12-2010, 07:49 PM
thats cool man, i think you can even see who the person is offering up the card for trade.

i got nothing worth trading and ill keep an eye open for your quests...

i like my team right now, somwhere in the high 70's, but collecting eapucks is gonna take a while..and i aint buying packs with real $$$ either.

WrekTaFyr
09-13-2010, 05:48 AM
but collecting eapucks is gonna take a while..and i aint buying packs with real $$ either.

Actually, pucks are that bad to come across...you get at least 200 for playing a HUL game...plus some extra based on skill (I don't see much for skill pucks, I can't score for the life of me).

Sadly, I have paid MS points for a jumbo pack. I picked up 400 points, which I used 240 for Crossfire (decent Indie game) and figured I might as well use the rest for some cards...but I don't see myself going outta my way to pick up MS points JUST for HUL packs.

cokebear
09-13-2010, 07:39 AM
I've been playing this some but I don't really get the concept of WTF is going on. I'll keep my eyes open for you though. Hell if nothing else I'll start new leagues several times and see if anything pops up.

WrekTaFyr
09-13-2010, 08:17 AM
It's not so much a League, as it is a trading card mode. Get in there and check it out sometime...I didn't think I'd care for it much...but it has me HOOKED!

cokebear
09-13-2010, 12:08 PM
It's not so much a League, as it is a trading card mode. Get in there and check it out sometime...I didn't think I'd care for it much...but it has me HOOKED!

I know but I still just don't get it.

tbadfly
09-13-2010, 12:17 PM

Magic the Gathering on Ice :)

cokebear
09-13-2010, 02:17 PM

WTF is that?

cokebear
09-13-2010, 02:27 PM
TIP from GameFAQS

<table class="board message" summary="Message listing" style="" id=""><tbody style=""><tr style=""><td class="author" style=""><div class="msg_stats_left" style="">PSP_Homebrew (http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?board=991752&amp;topic=56328079&amp;user=4746180)<br style="">Posted 9/10/2010 6:58:03 PM<br style="">message detail (http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/991752-nhl-11/56328079/622446231)</div></td><td style=""><div class="msg_body" style="">Standard packs are much more cost effective, and theres no difference between the cards you get in each Pack, on the EA forums the guy who got Ovechkin got him in a Standard pack, so you still get the rarest cards.<br style=""><br style="">3 Standard packs = 7500 and 36 cards plus 3 rares (with a maximum of 6 rares if your lucky and most of the time I DO get a 2nd rare so its more like always 4-6 rares.)<br style="">Jumbo pack = 7500 and 24 cards with 4 rares.<br style=""><br style=""><br style="">---<br style="">http://i50.tinypic.com/nfpmig.jpg http://i48.tinypic.com/nzf1gj.jpg<br style=""><b style="">Montreal Canadiens[/b]First game: Sep. 22nd VS Bruins. XFD CAPS</div></td></tr><tr class="even" style=""><td class="author" style=""><div class="msg_stats_left" style="">PSP_Homebrew (http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?board=991752&amp;topic=56328079&amp;user=4746180)<br style="">Posted 9/10/2010 6:59:05 PM<br style="">message detail (http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/991752-nhl-11/56328079/622446367)</div></td><td style=""><div class="msg_body" style="">Oh, I should mention I saved up and only bought one Jumbo pack, just for the achievement, and the best card I got was Hasek, then the next standard pack I got had Dustin Brown and Zdeno CHara in it, so yeah.</div></td></tr></tbody></table>

BoomerBrian
09-13-2010, 02:40 PM
<DIV style="CLEAR: both"></DIV>

LOL...Not sure I get this mode either.

WrekTaFyr
09-13-2010, 02:56 PM

LOL...Not sure I get this mode either.

I look at it like Build A Team...but with a bit of luck of the draw.

WrekTaFyr
09-16-2010, 06:07 AM
So...after talking to a friend, I've come across a way to rack up EA pucks pretty easily. Instead of playing Single Player games, drop down a couple in the menu to the Tournaments. The rookie tournament is way easy (which is great for me because I SUCK at scoring) and you get a few hundred pucks for each game of the tourney, and then a bonus for winning the whole tourney.

kelsoe
09-16-2010, 01:36 PM
So...after talking to a friend, I've come across a way to rack up EA pucks pretty easily. Instead of playing Single Player games, drop down a couple in the menu to the Tournaments. The rookie tournament is way easy (which is great for me because I SUCK at scoring) and you get a few hundred pucks for each game of the tourney, and then a bonus for winning the whole tourney.

you're just seeing that now? [:S][:P] thtas all i play, except the casual online eashul game..

i been racking up pucks and trophies for a while now..just watch out though, some are pretty tough, i cant make it past the 1st rd in a few..others have some insane requirements to play..

i also searched for cards (nhl only) and picked up 2 nhl pros in their 80's for 300 pucks each, and even picked up a coach for 200 pucks..thats a good way to find guys..[:)]

WrekTaFyr
09-17-2010, 05:08 AM
I've completed my Lewiston Maineiacs jerseys/logo collection...now on to Portland Pirates.

SymChris
09-24-2010, 09:33 AM
I started this mode last night... have no idea what I'm doing as far as this card stuff goes, but I did win my first game... [:)]

Doghead333
09-24-2010, 10:40 AM
I started this mode last night... have no idea what I'm doing as far as this card stuff goes, but I did win my first game... /emoticons/emotion-1.gif
<div style="CLEAR: both"></div>

You better be careful, Chris. This shit can get addictive. I've already turned down more than a few club/otp invites to keep playing HUT.

kelsoe
09-24-2010, 12:30 PM
so whats everyone's team chemistry rating? i got mine up to a 96! [:D] im using all chl players, ohl,whl,omjhl...almost everyone is under 21 years old..won the gold cup with this team...

finding guys i need to fill in a line is fun, i find most for a buy now of 200pts...im hoarding my nhl and ahl players until i have enough for a full team..and hoarding contratcs to go with them..plus the skill cards im saving for the ahl guys..

dont worry chris, if you like single player you will like this mode, finding guys is half the fun...but i could never turn you guys down for some otp anytime, last night was a blast![Y][H]

oh, and the alpha cup seems like a good solid way of earning pucks, you get 2000pts if you win plus all the pucks you get along the way..i played a game last nite and got almost 600pucks for one win![:D]

WrekTaFyr
10-01-2010, 05:31 AM
I'm having an issue where I'm coming up short as far as contracts go. I got a decent team...just can't keep everyone on the ice for more than 3 or 4 games before I gotta swap someone out that still has contracts on their card already.

Doublepugman
10-01-2010, 05:35 AM
I'm having an issue where I'm coming up short as far as contracts go. I got a decent team...just can't keep everyone on the ice for more than 3 or 4 games before I gotta swap someone out that still has contracts on their card already.

If you have enough pucks I would recommend buying a consumables pack. They usually have a ton of contract cards including some of the longer contracts (35 games+). You might get 10 or more contract cards in one pack.

Doghead333
10-01-2010, 06:28 AM
<div style="CLEAR: both"></div>

If you have enough pucks I would recommend buying a consumables pack. They usually have a ton of contract cards including some of the longer contracts (35 games+). You might get 10 or more contract cards in one pack.

If you play the auction house a little bit (which I really enjoy), you can get the contracts a lot cheaper than the packsand make pucks off of them if you want. As a rule of thumb, buy the 25 games at 200, 30 @ 250 and 35 @300. Then, after your team is set, you can sell them for 100-150 profit easy. Another good trick to the auction is to known the going rate for your favorite team's top prospect. I've made a killing by trading Sutter from the Canes. If you guys get real hard up for pucks, hit me up and I'll flow you a good card or two. I have a pretty badass team but won't be playing much since FIFA hit.

WrekTaFyr
10-01-2010, 08:52 AM
If you guys get real hard up for pucks, hit me up and I'll flow you a good card or two. I have a pretty badass team but won't be playing much since FIFA hit.

I'll have to keep that in mind if I get too frustrated...