PDA

View Full Version : EA says server patches addressed lag issues

dromedary32
06-27-2010, 02:56 PM
According to EA blog post (http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2010/06/25/onslaught-mode-available-on-ps3-and-xbox-360.aspx):
<P style="PADDING-LEFT: 30px" mce_style="PADDING-LEFT: 30px">We're happy to report that the server patches have addressed the recent lag issues and have been rolled out across all platforms!

I played for while last night and didn't noticed any lag. Hope they truly fixed this!

(I assume this is the ~480 MByte "Update 2" download this week.) Edit: Oh wait, they said "server" patch.

f1sh
06-28-2010, 04:45 AM
According to EA blog post (http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2010/06/25/onslaught-mode-available-on-ps3-and-xbox-360.aspx):
<p style="PADDING-LEFT: 30px">We're happy to report that the server patches have addressed the recent lag issues and have been rolled out across all platforms!

I played for while last night and didn't noticed any lag. Hope they truly fixed this!

(I assume this is the ~480 MByte "Update 2" download this week.) Edit: Oh wait, they said "server" patch.
<div style="CLEAR: both"></div>

I played little this weekend and had no lag at all. Im glad its fixed! Once hell of a patch for 480M but atleast its fixed.

Lackwit
06-28-2010, 05:11 AM
I'm pretty sure the Multiplayer Update 2 contained the files for Onslaught, and that's why it's so big. The server/lag fix EA did this weekend was on their side only, dealing with some packet loss issues with the company they rent the servers from.

In any event, I experienced little lag playing over the weekend and am a much happier Battlefielder.

f1sh
06-28-2010, 06:01 AM
I'm pretty sure the Multiplayer Update 2 contained the files for Onslaught, and that's why it's so big.
<div style="CLEAR: both"></div>

I didn't think about that because when I did download onslaught it was a very small file. [*-)] Guess dice just figured if you want it or not there it is.

PrayforMojo
07-02-2010, 08:17 AM
Finally, getting back into this game, anybody have trouble getting into Rush games last night. I had a squad of three and we kept getting a message stating that we were kicked from the game. Any thoughts? Conquest worked fine. Still this game is multiplayer perfected, loads of fun, just as I remember it.

Soren Kisamora
07-02-2010, 03:04 PM
haven't had any lag or session join/boot issues on my side since this server patch of theirs.

and thank god too,i really,really wanted to play me some bad company lately :)

digitaldemigod
07-09-2010, 08:36 AM
Guess it was a temporary fix. Lag in some matches was horrible last night. Rubber banding, scoping in and out without letting go of the left trigger, moving all over the place while not touching the sticks, emptying two full clips into someone'sbackat point blank range only to have them suddenly facing you and sticking a knife in your eye...

However, the problem as far as we could tell, seemed to be worst on Atacama Desert Rush. Although I did have some increasing lag towards the end of a white pass conquest.