PDA

View Full Version : FIFA 10: Come sign-up for our club, AGE United

Doghead333
11-03-2009, 04:22 AM
Alright guys, I created a new club, AGE United, so we can all get together and steer clear of the GP Ronaldo's. So far, our biggest signing is American superstar, Kelsoe. But, we need at least three players to get games in and rank up our virtual pro's. We'll have one "any" player per game and switch strikers each game so everyone gets a chance for some goals.Our AGEtransfer list so far is: Steam888, Blackberry Dave, Splintax and Nizz8 (I've sent FR to everyone)but if any of you have any non-AGE friends that would like join up or if I've missed any AGE'ers w/ the game, invite them in. Hope to see everyone on the pitch.

excaluber
11-04-2009, 09:30 AM
I'd potentially sign up... though i haven't played a fifa game since like 2002ish... so lemme see if i can get the game first. And second... see if i can pry myself away from nhl 10 long enough to play another game [:)]

Doghead333
11-05-2009, 11:09 AM
I'd potentially sign up... though i haven't played a fifa game since like 2002ish... so lemme see if i can get the game first. And second... see if i can pry myself away from nhl 10 long enough to play another game /emoticons/emotion-1.gif

Man, if you like soccer at all, you really need to pick this one up. I won't say it's as good as NHL, but it is definitely the 2nd best sports game out. I haven't touched hockey (other than the league nights) since this came out. The virtual pro is just as addictive as ranking up your skater. The GP 10 vs 10 is mostly a mess butthe club (we need at least three people to get a game going) would be killer.

kelsoe
11-05-2009, 11:44 AM
I'd potentially sign up... though i haven't played a fifa game since like 2002ish... so lemme see if i can get the game first. And second... see if i can pry myself away from nhl 10 long enough to play another game http://adultgamingenthusiasts.com/emoticons/emotion-1.gif

Man, if you like soccer at all, you really need to pick this one up. I won't say it's as good as NHL, but it is definitely the 2nd best sports game out. I haven't touched hockey (other than the league nights) since this came out. The virtual pro is just as addictive as ranking up your skater. The GP 10 vs 10 is mostly a mess butthe club (we need at least three people to get a game going) would be killer.

shut yo' mouth!

the gameplay is equal to if not better than nhl10 .. no glitches bitches!

fifa10 should win sports game of the year.

babaloou
11-05-2009, 12:18 PM
I'll try to see if I can rent it at my local Blockbuster. If they have it I'll be all over it.

Messi FTW!!!

SkeletalRaider
11-24-2009, 08:32 AM
<div class="CommonFormArea">

<div class="CommonFormFieldName">
<label id="ctl00_ctl00_bcr_bcr_PostForm_ctl04_ctl04_ctl00" for="ctl00_ctl00_bcr_bcr_PostForm_ctl04_PostSubject">Subject</label> <span id="ctl00_ctl00_bcr_bcr_PostForm_ctl04_postSubjectVali dator" class="validationWarning" style="color: Red; visibility: hidden;">*>
</div>
<div class="CommonFormField">
<input name="ctl00$ctl00$bcr$bcr$PostForm$ctl04$PostSubject" value="Re: FIFA 10: Come sign-up for our club, AGE United" id="ctl00_ctl00_bcr_bcr_PostForm_ctl04_PostSubject" class="CommonInputBig" autocomplete="off" style="width: 80%;" type="text">
</div>

<div class="CommonFormFieldName">
<label id="ctl00_ctl00_bcr_bcr_PostForm_ctl04_ctl05_ctl00" for="ctl00_ctl00_bcr_bcr_PostForm_ctl04_PostBody">Message</label>

</div>
<div class="CommonFormField">
<textarea name="ctl00$ctl00$bcr$bcr$PostForm$ctl04$PostBody$ctl00$ Editor" rows="2" cols="20" id="ctl00_ctl00_bcr_bcr_PostForm_ctl04_PostBody_ctl00_ Editor" style="height: 290px; width: 100%; display: none;">&lt;p&gt;&lt;/p&gt;</textarea><span class="mceEditor defaultSkin" id="ctl00_ctl00_bcr_bcr_PostForm_ctl04_PostBody_ctl00_ Editor_parent"><table style="width: 100%; height: 290px;" class="mceLayout" id="ctl00_ctl00_bcr_bcr_PostForm_ctl04_PostBody_ctl00_ Editor_tbl" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody id=""><tr class="mceFirst"><td class="mceToolbar mceLeft mceFirst mceLast">[/url][url="AddPost.aspx?ReplyToPostID=411556&amp;Quote=False#"] (AddPost.aspx?ReplyToPostID=411556&amp;Quote=False#)<table id="ctl00_ctl00_bcr_bcr_PostForm_ctl04_PostBody_ctl00_ Editor_toolbar1" class="mceToolbar mceToolbarRow1 Enabled" align="" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="mceToolbarStart mceToolbarStartButton mceFirst"><span>>
</td><td><span class="mceIcon mce_bold">> (javascript:;)
</td><td><span class="mceIcon mce_italic">> (javascript:;)
</td><td><span class="mceIcon mce_underline">> (javascript:;)
</td><td><span class="mceIcon mce_strikethrough">> (javascript:;)
</td><td><span class="mceSeparator">>
</td><td><span class="mceIcon mce_indent">> (javascript:;)
</td><td><a id="ctl00_ctl00_bcr_bcr_PostForm_ctl04_PostBody_ctl00_ Editor_outdent" href="javascript:;" class="mceButton mce_outdent mceButtonDisabled" onmousedown="return false;" onclick="return false;" title="Outdent"><span class="mceIcon mce_outdent"></sp

babaloou
12-15-2009, 06:06 AM
Finally got it. I applied to the AGE club, let me know when we can get together do some games.

Doghead333
12-15-2009, 03:11 PM
Cool, now we have 5 signed up for the club and hopefully we can rope a couple more AGE'ers in that have the game but haven't signed up, yet.

Anyways, I think we need to set one night a week to try and get some club matches in (or, for anyone on during the day, jump on w/ me and Raider). So, whatnight would work best for everyone? Off the top of my head I'd say Thursdays at 9 est, but I'll be good w/ pretty much anything as long as we get three of us together and get some games in.

babaloou
12-16-2009, 06:05 AM
Thursdays are great for me so count me in. I am still trying to get used to the be a pro camera. It sucks ass when I play on defense and the field gets very small when they have the ball up on offense. I guess I need to tweak the camera zoom or something. What settings do you have it on to get the best camera view for the pro mode?

Doghead333
12-16-2009, 06:34 AM
Thursdays are great for me so count me in. I am still trying to get used to the be a pro camera. It sucks ass when I play on defense and the field gets very small when they have the ball up on offense. I guess I need to tweak the camera zoom or something. What settings do you have it on to get the best camera view for the pro mode?
<div style="CLEAR: both"></div>

I use the "Tele" view pulled all the way out for everything. It's a lot easier to see the play unfold from the side view.The Be A Pro view is cool but not very functional.

I probably won't be able to make this Thur. b/c I'm using my gamenight pass on the NHL finals tonight and next week will be out for xmas. But, I'll be able to play tonight after hockey (11-11:30 est) if anyone is around.

Doghead333
12-17-2009, 05:39 AM
Even thoughwe got our ass kicked last night, I had a shitload of fun.I really hopewe can get a standard night or nightsgoing. If we can get use to each other on the pitch, we might be able to do some damage down the road.

Gooooooo, United!!!!!![B]

SuperRabbit
12-17-2009, 06:48 AM
What's this game like with Online Team Play?

I'm not a soccer fan at all but I am a sports game fan so I'd consider giving it a try. I haven't played FIFA in years but I liked the game earlier in it's life, I could just never score. Is FIFA online typically low-scoring? Do you have to learn the "glitch" moves to score against CPU goalies like NHL?

babaloou
12-17-2009, 07:10 AM
ummm I wouldn't say that fifa online is low scoring. In the matches we played last night there was a LOT of scoring going on. I'm not going to say who won but the games were like 6-1, 7-1, 2-0, and then wifey pulled the cord on me (Oh by the way sorry for doing a little houdini act last night but I was playing in the bedroom and my wife woke up after I screamed at the fags that were beating us 1,0000 -0) so yeah there is a lot of scoring going on when you get hang of the game.

babaloou
12-17-2009, 07:14 AM
Even thoughwe got our ass kicked last night, I had a shitload of fun.I really hopewe can get a standard night or nightsgoing. If we can get use to each other on the pitch, we might be able to do some damage down the road.

Gooooooo, United!!!!!!http://adultgamingenthusiasts.com/emoticons/emotion-22.gif

I agree, we need to figure out what gameplan we want to have cause just running arround ain't gonna do it. Towards the end of each match we were doing pretty well. I say we won the last 5 minutes of every match we played.

After the holidays I would like to get a game night for FIFA so we can all get together and get some W's for UNITED. Thursdays are always the best nights for me to play.

WideNine
12-17-2009, 08:45 AM
I'm with Rabbit, I have no clue about the game. Given I had no idea about NHL and how much I have enjoyed it, I'm willing to try this.

So Doghead, how would compare it to NHL?

Ryan916
12-17-2009, 12:31 PM
Ive thought about picking this up. Ive played the single player demo quite a few times and really like it.

Doghead333
12-17-2009, 01:40 PM
I'm with Rabbit, I have no clue about the game. Given I had no idea about NHL and how much I have enjoyed it, I'm willing to try this.

So Doghead, how would compare it to NHL?

Personally, I like this better than NHL, but I'm not sure that it'll translate to people who don't care about the sport like NHL did last year. NHL is just a more fast-paced game w/ a lot of violence that makes for a great party game even if you could give a shit about the real sport. FIFA is a soccer fan's wet dream, but I'm really not sure if it would make a great party game b/c of it's slower pace and more technical aspects. Granted, when I started cheerleading for NHL when 09 first came out, I just wanted a few guys to do club matches with (like I'm doing now w/ FIFA) and now it has one of the best followings at AGE. So, I'll be tickled shitless if we pick up a lot of players and are able to do club matches against each other.

As far as the differences w/ OTP, NHL has a better set-up, mainly b/c the public OTP matches in FIFAalways are 10 players on each side and can turn into a mess quite easy. And, you need at least three people to do club matches in FIFA, which can make things a little harder to get going. Now, when you get enough people to do a club match w/ AGE'ers, it was fun as hell. In four matches, we scored one goal and I still had a great time.

So, I can't really say "buy this now" for people that don't follow soccer, but you should at least try the demo and maybe pick it up for cheap or Xmas.

Doghead333
12-17-2009, 01:44 PM
Ive thought about picking this up.

Do it!!!! AGE United has a transfer request waiting on ya.[B]

SuperRabbit
12-17-2009, 02:01 PM
the games were like 6-1, 7-1, 2-0

Sounds just like the AGEHL games Ive played in. This is exactly what I didn't really want to hear about the game. I think I'm going to sit this out for now given this is exactly what I was hoping it wouldn't be and Doghead's tepid recommendation. I'll keep an eye out for what's going on though...

Doghead333
12-17-2009, 02:14 PM
the games were like 6-1, 7-1, 2-0

Sounds just like the AGEHL games Ive played in. This is exactly what I didn't really want to hear about the game. I think I'm going to sit this out for now given this is exactly what I was hoping it wouldn't be and Doghead's tepid recommendation. I'll keep an eye out for what's going on though...

Yeah, it is like the EASHL in the club matches.More times than not, agroup of casual players are gonna get rocked when you come up against people that play day-in-day-out together. That's just the nature of the beast. But, it's not glitch goals like in NHL. It's more just a standard gulf in skill level and cohesiveness.

MazzingerZ
12-17-2009, 02:28 PM
Club matches...How does it work? Do the game forces you to keep your position or you can run all over the field ?...or maybe if you play outside your zone your skills are decresed like in normal "SP" in PES?..

I've never got used/liked the FIFA controls, I had always been a PES fan since the ISS times but the last 2 years I haven'tgotten the game because Konami hasn't improvedthe game much, well, gameplay is polished but I have been waiting for an upgraded graph. engine, and what could be considered new feature for the franchise it had been really bad (I'm talking about online)...

I never cared about real names but how the players in the PES moved like the real ones...you could tell it was Zambrano, Valderrama, Gullit, etc for the way they moved...I always felt that to make a goal in FIFA was a matter of random luck...goal keepersfelt always insanely good...I tried the demo but it'stoo short to do anything or make a judgement aboutif I could enjoy the gamebut the Club matches concept sounds really fun

Doghead333
12-17-2009, 03:10 PM
Club matches...How does it work? Do the game forces you to keep your position or you can run all over the field ?...or maybe if you play outside your zone your skills are decresed like in normal "SP" in PES?..

Basically, you're playing w/ your virtual pro in a set position (it gives you an arrow to tell you where you need to be and docks you performance rating if you stay out of position). Or, there are two "any" slots on a team that allows you to switch between all the non-human players like in manager mode.

I'm not sure if PES has version of it, but the virtual pro is addictive as crack. You level him up by making goals, crosses, tackles, ect. It's basically the same as NHL's Be a Pro but better b/c you can level him up offline in FIFA.

kelsoe
12-17-2009, 03:13 PM

I've never got used/liked the FIFA controls, I had always been a PES fan since the ISS times but the last 2 years I haven'tgotten the game because Konami hasn't improvedthe game much, well, gameplay is polished but I have been waiting for an upgraded graph. engine, and what could be considered new feature for the franchise it had been really bad (I'm talking about online)...

I never cared about real names but how the players in the PES moved like the real ones...you could tell it was Zambrano, Valderrama, Gullit, etc for the way they moved...I always felt that to make a goal in FIFA was a matter of random luck...goal keepersfelt always insanely good...I tried the demo but it'stoo short to do anything or make a judgement aboutif I could enjoy the gamebut the Club matches concept sounds really fun

i play regularly with guys from the UK. they have all dropped PES and are now total FIFA gamers..that says alot in my mind.(since football is so popular and PES has ruled for so long) but FIFA is the best now..(ign gave it a very high rating)

as for club matches..you pick a position and play it how you want..it offers 'advice' on where you 'should' be and who you 'should' be defending and your player levels up according to how well you play your position..so in theory and in real matches, players tend to run all over the field like little chickens with their heads cut off, chasing down the ball wherever it goes, quite funny to watch, like a bunch of 6 year olds playing real soccer,lol.

FIFA is for sports gamers or soccer lovers..if you dont like soccer or are into sports games alot then FIFA is not for you. (sorry, no fighting in soccer , and guys get thrown out of the game with red cards killing the team)

FIFA has very very few glitches and unless you play alot you wont even notice them. games in otp can be 10 v 10 or 5 v 5 .better be good and have some sort of teamwork or failure is just a step away.

this year's game is goty worthy for sure.

im not too sure the casual age nhl player will like it too much..no violence and you cant relie (sp?) on the cpu to bail you out..however, those who have been on the fence about FIFA for a while should really give it a rental/try at least.

kelsoe
12-17-2009, 03:18 PM

Basically, you're playing w/ your virtual pro in a set position (it gives you an arrow to tell you where you need to be and docks you performance rating if you stay out of position). Or, there are two "any" slots on a team that allows you to switch between all the non-human players like in manager mode.

I'm not sure if PES has version of it, but the virtual pro is addictive as crack. You level him up by making goals, crosses, tackles, ect. It's basically the same as NHL's Be a Pro but better b/c you can level him up offline in FIFA.

only one 'any' slot. someone has to play the other positions that arent taken by your teammates.

babaloou
12-18-2009, 08:27 AM
The games can get out of hand really easy if you are playing against someone that's been playing and knows what to do. I like Futbol and I think that this game is very realistic by the way they move and pass. Before just by pressing "A" you would pass the ball perfectly to the other player and it kinda felt like the ball stuck to the player, this go arround you need to make sure that when you pass the ball you point it in the right direcction and that no one is close or else you WILL loose it. I like the realistic feel for when the player runs with the ball too. I'm just looking forward to playing with some more agers and try to pull a 3v3 or 5v5 so we all can be in the same play level (I know it sounds far fetched but 10V10 all AGE room would be insane!!!)

MazzingerZ
12-18-2009, 12:28 PM
Thank you for the answers, yeah, that many PES hardcore fans plays now FIFA is something that talks really well about the game.

I read something about a 360 degree control or something like that...does it only works with the D-pad or also with the stick?...I always played with the D-pad on the PS3 despite of having the left stick I wonder if thisnew feature somehow limites the control on the X360.

I think I'm getting FIFA 10 this x-mas for the X360, hope you guys still around playing for a while

kelsoe
12-18-2009, 04:29 PM
i know the euros like the d-pad, but with fifa its the left stick..

the '360' is an innovation in this years game..play 09 then '10 and you will see and feel a big difference..this game is pretty realistic.

Doublepugman
12-18-2009, 04:32 PM
I should have this tomorrow. I found someone selling it cheap. As long as it's not a scam I'll be picking it up.

Doghead333
12-18-2009, 06:08 PM
I should have this tomorrow. I found someone selling it cheap. As long as it's not a scam I'll be picking it up.

Nice. Now, if we can get a few more people in, having a 3 vs. 3 AGE-only FIFA night is becoming a real possibility. AGE United vs. Real AGE will rock the house.[B]

Doghead333
12-18-2009, 06:19 PM
I think I'm getting FIFA 10 this x-mas for the X360, hope you guys still around playing for a while

I can't talk for anyone else, but I know I'll be around for a long while. This game has even got me addicted to the real sport. When given the choice by the Mrs., I gave up HBO and Skin-a-maxto be able pickup the Fox Soccer Channel. And, I loved Skin-a-max.[:O]

TheHostileDwarf
12-18-2009, 06:33 PM
And, I loved Skin-a-max.http://adultgamingenthusiasts.com/emoticons/emotion-3.gif

Did she? [6]

MazzingerZ
12-19-2009, 02:11 AM
Alright! thanks! I just needed this kind of feedback as anywhere I look FIFA 10 raises not only above PES this year but as the best footboll game in a while... maybe not as big leap as from GOAL! on the NES to ISS on the PSOne but enough to be taken into consideration by a PES fan [:D]

Doghead333
12-19-2009, 04:32 AM
And, I loved Skin-a-max./emoticons/emotion-3.gif

Did she? /emoticons/emotion-14.gif

Only if she woke up.[A]

VDub2174
12-19-2009, 10:15 AM
Thinking of picking this up, you guys still play?

kelsoe
12-19-2009, 01:10 PM

Nice. Now, if we can get a few more people in, having a 3 vs. 3 AGE-only FIFA night is becoming a real possibility. AGE United vs. Real AGE will rock the house.http://adultgamingenthusiasts.com/emoticons/emotion-22.gif

only need 2 v2 ...and get rid of that god awful avatar you poser[+o(]

VDub2174
12-19-2009, 01:43 PM
only need 2 v2 ...and get rid of that god awful avatar you poser/emoticons/emotion-41.gif

Is the battle of the Clubs gonna start soon? [:p]

Doghead333
12-19-2009, 03:07 PM

Nice. Now, if we can get a few more people in, having a 3 vs. 3 AGE-only FIFA night is becoming a real possibility. AGE United vs. Real AGE will rock the house./emoticons/emotion-22.gif

only need 2 v2 ...and get rid of that god awful avatar you poser/emoticons/emotion-41.gif

We could do 2v2, but we need 3v3 in clubs for people to be able to level up their virtual pro.

Poser, eh? Don't be hating on Man U just b/c of your stellar 1-8-4 record vs. El Doghead.[:P]

Doghead333
12-19-2009, 03:13 PM

We've picked up five AGE'ers for the team in the past couple of weeks after only having two since the game came out, so the game is actually picking steam. I hope people keep coming and we can actually field more than two teams after the holidays.

VDub2174
12-19-2009, 03:25 PM

We've picked up five AGE'ers for the team in the past couple of weeks after only having two since the game came out, so the game is actually picking steam. I hope people keep coming and we can actually field more than two teams after the holidays.

Sweet!! Next time I'm in GameStop I'll pick this up. I have FIFA 09 for the PS3 so I will use that to practice.

kelsoe
12-19-2009, 05:19 PM
wonder how carolina makes the man utd connection? its like a guy from africa choosing the yankees as their team..[:P][+o(]

level your guy up offline..2 v 2 is more of a realistic scenario thats more likely to happen..then u can pick a team and use their pros..

otp nhl, otp fifa..i just dont see the attraction of using a scrub created player when there are over a 100 teams to choose from..can still enjoy the game that way w/o people having an advantage over other players because they play more often and have the time to level their guy up..

Doghead333
12-19-2009, 07:06 PM
wonder how carolina makes the man utd connection? its like a guy from africa choosing the yankees as their team../emoticons/emotion-4.gif/emoticons/emotion-41.gif

You got me, O' Grand Puba of True Fan Etiquette. One day after giving a shit about soccer my entire life, I thought to myself: "gee, I need to watch soccer, and if I'm gonna watch it, I need to pull for the best team." A quick internet search brought up Manchester United and the rest is history. It had nothing to do w/ me liking Rooney in the last World Cupand pulling for his club afterwards when I first started liking soccer and didn't know any of the teams. [8-)]

Doghead333
12-19-2009, 11:29 PM
With brilliant finishes by TheHostileDwarf and Babaloou as time was dying down, AGE United was able to overcome a two-goal deficit and earn our first draw, tonight. Well done, guys.[B]

Now, all you people on the fence need to pull the trigger and be part of our first win, which will be coming shortly.[H]

MazzingerZ
12-20-2009, 09:37 AM
I just sent my transfer request to the AGE club

I was forced to create a PRO-profile before I could access that menu option...this takes me to 2 questions

Can you only play with your PRO-Player when doing Club matches?

If so, I assume you play in the position you choose for the PRo-character....I chose CM...is there any lack of a position in our team so I can change to that one in my PRO-player...I assume that we leave Goalkeeper to the AI [:)]

Doghead333
12-20-2009, 10:15 AM
I just sent my transfer request to the AGE club

I was forced to create a PRO-profile before I could access that menu option...this takes me to 2 questions

Can you only play with your PRO-Player when doing Club matches?

If so, I assume you play in the position you choose for the PRo-character....I chose CM...is there any lack of a position in our team so I can change to that one in my PRO-player...I assume that we leave Goalkeeper to the AI /emoticons/emotion-1.gif

Cool beans. You're signed up and that brings us to 8 club members. [B]

Unless you are the "Any" player in a match that controlsall of thenon-human players, you do play w/ your Pro in one position the entire match. When you set up your Pro, you're not tied to that position when the game starts (ie I'm a left-striker, but I can pick any position when we do club matches-I'll just have bad attributes if I pick a Defender). As far as club positions go, we don't anything set in stone and switch things up whenever someone wants to play up front.Last night, we mostly did two strikers and an "any", soa CM would be a good pick. Yeah, the GK is always cpu.

VDub2174
12-20-2009, 10:46 AM
Looks like I won't be able to get this until after Christmas but as soon as I do I'll sign up for the AGE Club.

babaloou
12-21-2009, 08:11 AM
so did you guys get a W after I logged off on sunday?

Doghead333
12-21-2009, 10:07 AM
so did you guys get a W after I logged off on sunday?

Nah, we only played a couple more after you left. We probably should have split up the club when we had six on and done 3 vs. 3 and AGE definitely would have gotten the first W.[:P] But, we actually were playing really well yesterday and should have won/drawn at least three of those games.

babaloou
12-21-2009, 03:04 PM
we'll get it sooner or later but we WILL get it!

RooneyFan
12-28-2009, 12:07 PM
New to the AGE group and forum but I am an avid FIFA Fan. Are you guys still looking for folks to play with. I am trying to find a group to play with as there aren't many folks I know my age who play.

babaloou
12-29-2009, 05:59 AM
Hey I accepted your friend invite last night. Hang in there cause right now with the holidays not a lot of the FIFA crew are going to be online. I will be off on thursday so if anyone is interested in playing thursday during the day let me know.

RooneyFan
12-29-2009, 02:54 PM
Great. I also found the AGE United team and sent a transfer request. I am hoping to get out of work early on Thursday so I will look for you on line. Thanks

Doghead333
12-30-2009, 11:48 AM
It looks like I won't be able to get on tonight like I'd hoped. But, I'm always on during the day and will try and get something going tomorrow morning/afternoon w/ everyone that has the day off. Let's end 2009 on a winning note.[B]

babaloou
12-30-2009, 12:01 PM
AAAAAMEN!!![B][B][B]

RooneyFan
12-31-2009, 08:03 AM
I will second that AMEN![B]

RooneyFan
01-01-2010, 05:54 AM
Anyone around today to get a little FIFA Procomp going?

MazzingerZ
01-01-2010, 10:30 AM
I can play, I'll be playing on the PS3 and checking XBL on the browser or just turn on the X360once in a while to see if anyone is online...if you and babalooget online ask him to send me a message over PSN so I switch to the X360, Doghead don't have one

MazzingerZ
01-02-2010, 03:44 PM
Well, I'm so sorry to say that I just traded in FIFA 10 for the Riddick game for the PS3. I realised that while the offline is fun the online islaggy and not really responsive when playing, that hurts a lot sports games, just like fighting games.

It has nothing to do with that we lost 12-0 our last match, by the way if there were statistics for the following it would have looked like this
<ul>
Ball possession = 5%
Watchingopposite's teams goalcelebrations = 95%[ro]
[/list]

but that's also another thing, I think EAruins the experience by selling boosters packs (not that those kids need them)

Babaloou and I managed to play together against GP (2 vs 2), it was fun and we were playing well but online it doesn't really feel you are playing with Messi or Kaka...it feels too slow and irresponsivedue to the lag.

I really liked the game and mostly playing with youguys but the fact the online works like it does and that Club Matches requires 3 players to get a game going made me realise thatsooner or later I'd get tired of playing hundreds of matches offline as it's very likely no one is online when I playdue to time difference and to the few followers this great game has, so better to trade it in now when it's worth something.

You'll have enough people now to get matches going on thursday anyway.

I'm sorry for my blue-haired guy, it had just been called to theNational team due tohis great performace in theIrish League.

VDub2174
01-02-2010, 05:14 PM
I'm a little confused, is this for PS3 or 360 owners? I'm gonna be picking this up when I get paid again and just wanna be sure I'm getting it for the right system.....lol

RooneyFan
01-02-2010, 05:15 PM
Sorry to hear that. THe lag issues are not an issue with me. Lag is a connection issue. Have you tried the SpeedTest.net to see how your connection measures up? Also, I try to avoid any players with out 3 green bars. Sometimes 2 yellow are ok, but it depends. I think the other thing that could be affecting what you percieve as Lag is the sprint button. See my thoughts below.

As for Game play it realy comes done to a couple things to improve the result/outcome

1. Don't use the sprint button. I recently read a bunch of tips posts and they all have one thing in common. The sprint button should only be used to separate from the last defender on your way to goal, and beware of keeping it on too long and running into the goalie. The other situation is when defending, and sprinting back into position.

2. Defending should be done using cover and balance. Only one player to the ball and a second to play cover. Using the "call for help" (X or B depending on your controller conifg).

3. Pass, Pass, Pass, Pass, Pass.

Lastly it doesn't hurt to be a Footy Addict. I can't get enough!! and was clearly pleased as punch to find a bunch of adult gamers who were willing to get into it. I hope you change your mind and come back because it was tons of fun when we played. We will look for you. Peace and Chicken Grease.

RooneyFan
01-02-2010, 05:17 PM
We play 360, and would love a PUnion Fan to play with. I am a NE Revs season ticket holder. I will be looking forward to the new season.

VDub2174
01-02-2010, 06:51 PM
We play 360, and would love a PUnion Fan to play with. I am a NE Revs season ticket holder. I will be looking forward to the new season.

I want to get season tickets for the Union but I kind of wanna see their schedule first. Don't wanna get the tickets to find out that I can't go to most of the games.....lol I'll shoot you a message once I get FIFA 10.

Doghead333
01-03-2010, 05:29 AM
Well, I'm so sorry to say that I just traded in FIFA 10 for the Riddick game for the PS3. I realised that while the offline is fun the online islaggy and not really responsive when playing, that hurts a lot sports games, just like fighting games.

Well, that sucks, Mazz. We'll miss the ol' blue hair in the midfield. Other than the occasional lag spike, FIFA usually runs really well for me. But, I can understand getting rid of it if it lags bad for you. And, I do wish they would let you do club matches w/ two people. Luckily for me, I think the manager mode is the best sportssingle-player ever and have gotten my money's worthout the game ten-fold even if I don't play online at all.

RooneyFan
01-03-2010, 02:27 PM
FYI - Babalou figured out a way to play Teams 2v2. If both players go to online lobby there is a 2v2 team play lobby. Each player will get to choose a position or ANY. Its pretty fun. We atually won a game the other day. Next time you are on msg me and we can give it a try.

Doghead333
01-08-2010, 05:34 AM
Glory, glory, AGE United

Glory, glory, AGE United

Glory, glory, AGE United

As the AGE's go marching on, on, on!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yes, friends and neighbors, AGE United brought home some silverware last night. The first win trophy is now in our possession (we actually got it when a team dropped but kept going and got it legit a couple of games later). With Babaloou controlling the midfield, SkeletalRaider pushing up front and myself roaming the pitch, we finally had lady luck on our side w/ a exciting 4-3 win. It was an up-and-down game but one of the main highlights was Baba putting us ahead 3-2w/ abeautiful30yd freekick w/about 15 min to go. We all started to believe that the 1st win was in sight. Naturally, they scored a few minutes later and it looked like we had blown another win and would have to settle for the draw. But, with two minutes to go, the Sailor got free inside the box and was able to put back his own rebound.I must say, that was one of the best games I've ever been a part of. I feels damn good to get that monkey off our backs. So, lets keep this thing going. United!!!!!!!!!![B]

babaloou
01-08-2010, 07:04 AM
XBOX 360 = $299.99

FIFA 2010 = $59.99

Xbox Live = $49.99

Headset = $19.99

loosing 29 games in Fifa and watching the other teams celebrations = sucks ass

WINNING 1 MATCH IN FIFA 10 CLUB = PRICELESS !

Hellz yeah we finally did it, now we can loose another 29 games. My shit capacity was full but now it got flushed down and ready for more. That one goal I scored was funny as hell cause when I had to take the kick I had no idea what the hell I was doig and I was actually trying to change players so Dog could take it. Boom right over the keepers head, I guess that after takiing it up the wazzoo for soo long it was our time to shine. We were sooo bumed out last night that in one of our most darkest hour we even thought of closing the club changing the name and firing the head manager!

GO UNITED !!![B]

TheHostileDwarf
01-08-2010, 01:34 PM
Fuck! I missed it. How many more games did you play once I called it a night? I hope it wasn't the next one!

babaloou
01-08-2010, 02:49 PM
we played 3 more games and won 2 out of 3. The first game we won cause the other team disconnected, the second one we lost and the third one we won.

Grambo Bastille
01-08-2010, 03:56 PM

Hey Rooney, whereabouts do you live?

I was a Revs season ticket holder for the first nine years of the league. Was there for almost every game during that time, including all three MLS cups.

MazzingerZ
01-09-2010, 12:45 AM
Go UNITED! [B]

VDub2174
01-09-2010, 07:59 AM
Big congrats to AGE United!!!!!

excaluber
02-01-2010, 02:13 PM
fifa 10 is in the mail...

should be interesting. I wonder though, is there a world cup one coming out?

Slay-god
02-01-2010, 02:22 PM

Yes there is a World Cup one coming out. Not sure what the specifics will be on that though and what sort of on-line play there will be.

Doghead333
02-01-2010, 02:31 PM

Hot damn, there's gonna be some Lube on the pitch.[Y] I'll get you on the club when it comes in. From now on, use the new thread to line-up/discuss United club matches. Here it is:

http://adultgamingenthusiasts.com/forums/t/34956.aspx

As far as the WC version goes, I'm on the fence about it. FIFA 10 has most of the main international teams and you can set up tourneys. And, I play w/ the Premiership clubs mostly, anyways. I'm sure WC will have some new bells and whistles and be fun, but I'm not sure it'll add $60 worth to FIFA 10.

krudler42
02-11-2010, 09:15 AM
sign me up!!!!

Lobster Flop
02-12-2010, 05:21 PM
Sign me up ! Doghead I accepted the invite in Fifa .

Steam888
02-13-2010, 08:35 AM
In as well.

I read the entire string and would just like to shout out a hearty and belated congrats for that 1st, monkey off the back, win. lol,

Doghead333
02-13-2010, 08:49 AM
Krudler, Dave and Steam, I have you guys signed up. Use this new thread for all other United discussions:

http://adultgamingenthusiasts.com/forums/t/34956.aspx

Lobster Flop
02-13-2010, 09:47 AM
Yep I accepted the request. Thanks

krudler42
02-16-2010, 03:36 AM
Hi All,

My little brother has been playing my 360 and managed to make me leave the club, little brothers eh, can't beat 'em can you, UNFORTUNATELY!!!

Can Doghead or someone resend my club invite and I'll see you all on the pitch!!!

Thanks