PDA

View Full Version : NHL09 tips and help thread

kelsoe
02-17-2009, 02:11 PM
i shared this with the members of my age/easnhl09 team,i got this off the internet back in october, hope its not redundant, hope it helps, sorry no tips on fighting [:P]...:

<div class="entry hentry">

<div class="meta">
<h1 class="title entry-title">NHL 09 TIPS - How to win in Ranked online team play games.</h1>
<p class="metadata"><span class="date updated">><span class="categories">><span class="vcard author">><a class="comments-link" href="http://rareexample.ca/2008/10/20/nhl-09-tips-how-to-win-without-glitch-goal-in-ranked-online-team-play-games/#comments">
</a>
</div>
<div class="content">

Before
you read, when I speak of AI Skills, I mean when you do bad things, the
game was programed to make you and your team ďpoopierĒ. So if your team
keeps doing bad stuff, your AI skills go down, you lose.
<h3>1. Donít be a dummy

This may be difficult for allot of xbox live members but the
following advice will help you win games and greatly reduce the chances
of your teammates yelling racist, homophobic, prejudice, vulgar stuff
at you.
<h3>2. Follow the giant blue arrow.

Itís not rocket science if your whole team follows the the blue
arrow, your team will win. If you have heroes, cherry pickers and
dimwitted goalies who donít play their position, your AI skills turns
to shiz and you will get scored on. If you follow the arrow and stay in
the position youíre supposed to be in, your AI skills will improve and
your chances of scoring will increase.
<h3>3. Play your position.

If you picked right wing, stay on the right side and cover your
opponent while defending. If you picked Defense, donít try to deke
everyone out and score. A defense role is to stay back at the blue line
and get the puck deep, pass to a forward or shoot from the point (blue
line). Stay behind players so they donít get breakaway chances, cover
your man.
<h3>4. Donít turn the puck over

If you have the puck and you see youíre about to get checked, stick lifted, pokedÖ

- Pass it to the open man, meaning there is no player between you and who you are passing it too.

- Soft dump it - Hold RB and right stick up at the same time

Turning the puck over kills your teamplay score.
<h3>5. Donít be a hero

If you try to deke everyone out and donít share the puck, you will
be hated and people wonít pass it to you. Youíll also kill the AI
skillset and reduce your teamplay score. Not matter what you think,
youíre not as good as you think you are, share the puck.
<h3>6. Slow down, think, react

Before you panic dump, turnover, shoot the puck because youíre so
happy you finally have the puck. Think, look for an open man, look
around you, get yourself in the clear before you decide to pass or
shoot. If no oneís clear get into a good shooting position and shoot.
Do the smart thing, not the selfish thing.
<h3>7. Donít go offside

Offside is when you cross the opposing blue line before the puck
goes in. Basically, let the puck in first, then cross. If youíre moving
into their zone and you see the dude with the puck is a puckin hog, let
him go first, and donít expect a pass, most people are douches and
wonít pass you the puck even if your open. You go offside, you kill
your stats and the AI Skills.
<h3>8. Goalies donít go frolic

Goal tending is pretty much handled by how many poopie things your
team does so the computer decides if youíre going to save or not.
Basically minimal movements with your left stick and the occasional
right stick. Donít go skating around , ever, stay in your net.
<h3>9. Penalties kills your team

Donít slash, poke, stick lift, dive unless absolutely necessary. LB
is your best bet to avoid penalties. If you mash your buttons, youíll
get a penalty. Most powerplays result in a goal unless your playing
with a team who plays their position.
<h3>10. Pass, Pass, Pass

The l

tbadfly
02-17-2009, 02:22 PM
I know you posted this for me after the last 2 game nights we were on a team together[*c]

Actually a pretty helpful guide.

kelsoe
02-17-2009, 02:39 PM
I know you posted this for me after the last 2 game nights we were on a team togetherhttp://adultgamingenthusiasts.com/emoticons/emotion-9.gif

Actually a pretty helpful guide.

no way dude, your skills have grown exponentially since ive first played with you. your a pleasure to play with, you can be my wingman (or center) anytime.[;)].. i like how the game allows for people to use their own style and personality to put their own stamp on this game..[Y]

ive got more...

kelsoe
02-17-2009, 02:39 PM
This was posted on the EA forums by Jason Rupert, he is the programmer
of NHL 09, and also the guy who is in charge of programming the
upcoming patch.So it is<u>official</u>, no more speculation as to what each att. does. I thought you guys might like it:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<u>PLAYER ATTRIBUTE EFFECTS

Offensive Attributes</u>

Wrist shot accuracy
-Accuracy of all shots other than slapshots

Wrist shot power
-Power of all shots other than slapshots

Puck Control
-Related to the deking effect of shooting, good puck control prevents the loss of accuracy
- Ability to keep the puck when bumped or there is stick to stick contact on the puck carrier

Deking
-Quality of loose puck dekes
-Speed of right stick deking
-Effect on shot accuracy while deking

Slap Shot Accuracy
-Accuracy of slap shots

Slap Shot Power
-Power of slap shots

Passing
-Magnitude of the effect on quality of passes outside of the player's field of view (see Off.Aware)
-Also
affects the likelihood of pass interception, e.g. a good passer affects
opponents ability to intercept passes. This is old stuff, I do not like
this artificial approach at all, it should just affect the quality of
the pass and the opponents should deal with the puck based on their own
situation and attributes. This is part of the cause of the weirdness
you sometimes see where players won't intercept pucks it seems they
should.
- Automatic saucer passes for humans
-Other effects on CPU passing

Off. Awareness
-Field of view is for making passes, passes to players outside field of view are slowed (see Passing)
-Affects CPU player decision making when passing

Deflections
- Affects the quality of deflections off slap passes.
-
Ideally this would have more of an effect on whether the deflection
connects in the first place and on how well placed the deflected puck
is. Should be improved for NHL10.

<u>Defensive Attributes</u>

Balance
-Ability to resist hits and keep control of the puck

Checking
-Ability to hit
- CPU decision to hit

Defensive Awareness
-Pass interceptions
-Reaction time for defensively deflecting passes away
-For CPU, more effort on when backchecking

Discipline
- Takes fewer penalties, for humans this affects calls that would randomly occur on hits (like elbows)

Face- offs
-Better chance of winning face- offs

Shot Blocking
-Bad shot blockers get the standing shot block, good ones get the sliding one which reduces the screen effect.

Aggressiveness
-Tendency of CPU player to body check
-No effect on human.

<u>Athleticism Attributes</u>

Acceleration
- Forward acceleration

Agility
-Turning ability

Speed
-Top speed

Toughness
-Fighting ability

Endurance
-Recover from fatigue more quickly

Durability
- Ability to withstand injuries

<u>GOALIE ATTRIBUTE EFFECTS</u>

<u>Goalie Reflex Attributes</u>

Angles
-How far out the goalie comes to challenge
-Quickness reacting to a pass

Breakaway
-Modifies save ability on breakaways (essentially a modifier on Agility for this case only)

Five hole
Glove High
Glove Low
Stick High
Stick Low
-Quickness making saves to the respective region

<u>Goalie Puck Control Attributes</u>

Passing
- Goalie pass and clearance strength

Poke Checking
-Likelihood of the goalie attempting a poke check (CPU only)

Puck Playing
- How aggressively the

tbadfly
02-17-2009, 03:34 PM
I think I may change my guy around some more ,using these as a guide and see if I can't find a happy medium with my guy.

You don't have a attribute guide for each player type do you? God I am lazy

FlipMasterFlash
02-17-2009, 04:25 PM
Attribute points per player type (http://www.eashlforum.com/forum/view_eashlplayerstartingattributes.htm) for the lazy. [;)]

SymChris
02-17-2009, 04:32 PM
Good info, Thanks for this Kelsoe!

SymChris
02-17-2009, 04:36 PM
Attribute points per player type (http://www.eashlforum.com/forum/view_eashlplayerstartingattributes.htm) for the lazy. http://adultgamingenthusiasts.com/emoticons/emotion-5.gif

ooooo, that's pretty good to have too! Thanks Flip!

And for those out there wondering how my <strike>goon</strike> defenseman gets away with so many hits per game but maybe only one penalty (ok, maybe 2 [:$] ), my skater is set as Defensive Defenseman, so his Checking and Discipline are already naturally high. I figured that would let me get away with a few more <strike>cheap</strike>shots without goin' to the sin bin...

tbadfly
02-17-2009, 04:40 PM
Attribute points per player type (http://www.eashlforum.com/forum/view_eashlplayerstartingattributes.htm) for the lazy. /emoticons/emotion-5.gif

you couldn't have copied and pasted? gah now i have to click the link.......

thanks flip[Y]

TurboPanzy
02-17-2009, 04:41 PM
Thanks Kelsoe.

Attribute points per player type (http://www.eashlforum.com/forum/view_eashlplayerstartingattributes.htm) for the lazy. http://adultgamingenthusiasts.com/emoticons/emotion-5.gif

The Google Docs one you pointed me to was nice also, the colors he used were helpful. I made up a few laminated 12x18's on cardstock of that one. [8-|]

Capt. T
02-17-2009, 04:50 PM
Cool. Thanks for posting all of this.

Chris my guy is defensive D-man so I could get the hits as well since I usually play Defense. Supposedly with the new patch not as many of the minor nudges in front of the net will count as hits anymore. Maybe you ScatRD and I won't appear to be such goons after that. [;)]

FlipMasterFlash
02-17-2009, 04:59 PM
The Google Docs one you pointed me to was nice also, the colors he used were helpful.

Here it is (http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pP3ooQb2Fyc4yM1kbl4EdOQ) with pretty colors.

kelsoe
02-17-2009, 05:40 PM
this next tip may be moot once the 'supposed' patch comes out but here it is:

if you are having trouble remembering what color icon you are or get confused by the 2 yellow/mustard icons you have a choice:

once in an otp game (cannot be set offline, only online in the pause menu when the start button is hit or between periods)

goto the setting called ' online player indicators'

you have 4 choices: none (self explanatory) , user team only (meaning human controlled player icons) , all players (both teams) or same team (icons shown for all players on your team human and cpu controlled)

[:D]

excaluber
02-18-2009, 05:56 AM
very cool, and helpfull guide.

I think point #3 is the biggest one imo. I think most people (including myself occasionally) have a tendancy to just follow the puck regardless of their position....especially defensemen. A lot of defensemen creep up towards the net while on offense, but that leads to a lotta odd man rushes when it kicks out the other way. T-bad pug and I were talking about this last night. If the defensemen stay back at the blue line while on offense its huge for three reasons. 1...it prevents odd man rushes and break aways. 2: a LOT of times the puck will kick out off a rebound or deflection or errand pass. If the defensemen are there to grab that and hold it in the zone its a huge advantage, because otherwise even if we get the puck back everyone has to leave the zone and we have to try and work it back in....which is definitly difficult to do sometimes. 3: A lot of times it gets clogged down by the net, and theres just no where to go with the puck. If the defender is back, he's typically open and we can pass it out to the point (the defensemen at the blue line), and clear up some space down by the net as they chase the puck.

Regarding point #4, the only thing i'll add to that in my experience they count a soft dump as a turnover often times. So while its still a better alternative then trying to be gretsky (which i'm often guilty of), its not as great as they make it out to be.

excaluber
02-18-2009, 06:02 AM
and btw, tbad.....a excellent defensemen!

He has a really good technique for preventing the cross ice goals...but i'll let him explain it.

(tho its sure to drive chef absolutely crazy...gaurenteed)

tbadfly
02-18-2009, 08:36 AM
and btw, tbad.....a excellent defensemen!

He has a really good technique for preventing the cross ice goals...but i'll let him explain it.

(tho its sure to drive chef absolutely crazy...gaurenteed)

Thank you luber I RULE. I was screwing up those 99ers plans on goal last night.

I had fun last night until the freeze.

I was trying hard to stay back and in position almost to a fault, there was at least once I should have took it across the line on my own and didn't.

tbadfly
02-18-2009, 11:33 AM
I have another question ,oh wise ones,http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk247/tbadfly/worthy.gif,

Does each single point in an attribute help?

In other words if I change my skater around and lets say get his speed to 84 is it faster than 80 or does it just work on the fives?

I have looked around some and can't really find the info I am looking for.

excaluber
02-18-2009, 11:39 AM
84 is signifantly faster then 80...by a lot.

but speed is probably a bad example.

I donno how much better say 84 dicipline is then 83. But i would still assume 84 is much better then 80.

tbadfly
02-18-2009, 11:46 AM
84 is signifantly faster then 80...by a lot.

but speed is probably a bad example.

I donno how much better say 84 dicipline is then 83. But i would still assume 84 is much better then 80.

I think speed is a bad example also luber. I was think along the lines of something you or pug mentioned last night about ,if you have a 90 passer rating you automatically get the saucer pass.

I think i am thinking of it in the way of the rainbow six vegas armor, where it didn't help unless you had the armor to a key number ,if that makes any sense.

The other reason I think this is I made my guy smaller from 5'10 to 5'9 and it seemed like a huge difference in the way I took hits,although that all could have been perceived.

kelsoe
02-18-2009, 01:09 PM
I have another question ,oh wise ones,http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk247/tbadfly/worthy.gif,

Does each single point in an attribute help?

In other words if I change my skater around and lets say get his speed to 84 is it faster than 80 or does it just work on the fives?

I have looked around some and can't really find the info I am looking for.

i would tend to agree that the attributes are more like rb6 ...

i have a legend card and checked my speed. it can go as high as 88 with 82 accel.... however, when you change the type of skates you can use there is a test to try them out and i didnt really see a difference between 86 speed and 88 speed, same thing. then i tried a 5'9" guy and no difference between his speed and my 6'0" guy..etc etc

my conclusion, it all seems random to me after a certain point. i mean the diff between 80 power and 95 power on a slap shot is only a few mph, not a huge change like you would expect. diff between 84 speed and 86 speed however is a few tenths of a sec..

alternate conclusion, up to 0-5 some diff, 5-0 minor diff (last number)

last conclusion, i have no freakin clue what the hell im talking about .[:S]

Talus
02-19-2009, 08:52 AM
This thread has all of the information I had hoped would be in the game booklet but was not. Thanks for posting the tips, Kelsoe. The player skill attribute tables are awesome, Flip. They explain exactly why I've been mired in suckage as a power forward with my play style!

Re the patch, and just speaking selfishly, I'm really looking forward to improved color distinction in the player ID cones. I keep fantasizing that NHL 10 will include a different system of player ID, maybe a la GRAW2, with a glowing aura around your player/teammates. lol I'm more than a little color-blind, and it shows. [:$] Obviously the best way to deal with it is to "play your position" on ice, but when I get into heavy traffic I just can't track with my guy.

If there's such a thing as nominating threads for a sticky, I'd vote for this one. And by the way, isn't it about time NHL got its own subforum? Posts around the game seem to be far outnumbering the likes of Fable II and Rainbow 6 these days. Just thinking out loud. &lt;g&gt;

FlipMasterFlash
02-19-2009, 08:56 AM
Check the first page too Talus about being able to turn off the player indicators for everyone other than yourself, I get mixed up far less often after doing that since I don't have to try to pick out my color from several others.

TripleQ
02-19-2009, 10:16 AM
Yeah, changing those color indicators are great. They could have described it a bit better though.. I mean what would you think is the difference between "same team" and "user team only"?

Say, what camera do you guys normally use for OTP? I've been using the default (ice?) but often I'm finding it really hard to see if someone across the ice is going to be offside or not. Overhead doesn't have the same feel, it's a little too old-school and you don't feel like you're part of the action, but it's probably a better camera tactically.

TurboPanzy
02-19-2009, 10:29 AM
Say, what camera do you guys normally use for OTP?

I started out with Ice, then went to Classic and used that for the longest time. After deciding Overhead worked best for me when in goal, I just left it there and have gotten used to it when out skating. If Overhead were zoomed in just a bit more it would be ideal.

Using the back button to switch the camera between yourself and the puck is HUGE. In goal I use it to follow the action, on D I keep it on me, and up front I leave it on the puck.

TripleQ
02-19-2009, 10:42 AM
Using the back button to switch the camera between yourself and the puck is HUGE. In goal I use it to follow the action, on D I keep it on me, and up front I leave it on the puck.

Well, learn something new everyday, lol.. I will have to try that.

Talus
02-19-2009, 10:50 AM
Check the first page too Talus about being able to turn off the player indicators for everyone other than yourself, I get mixed up far less often after doing that since I don't have to try to pick out my color from several others.

Oh wow! Will do. Exactly what I need. And apparently I'll have to come up with another excuse as to why I'm soooo bad. [:D]

tbadfly
02-19-2009, 10:53 AM

Oh wow! Will do. Exactly what I need. And apparently I'll have to come up with another excuse as to why I'm soooo bad. /emoticons/emotion-2.gif

I did that for the first time last night,and felt a lot more comfortable with knowing where i was.I didn't like that I couldn't immediately tell which one the cpu was but after a game or so it was actually fairly easy to tell by the way they skated and moved.

kelsoe
02-19-2009, 12:30 PM
Yeah, changing those color indicators are great. They could have described it a bit better though.. I mean what would you think is the difference between "same team" and "user team only"?

Say, what camera do you guys normally use for OTP? I've been using the default (ice?) but often I'm finding it really hard to see if someone across the ice is going to be offside or not. Overhead doesn't have the same feel, it's a little too old-school and you don't feel like you're part of the action, but it's probably a better camera tactically.

same team= everyone on your team

user team only = human controled players only

overhead is best for total ice vision

switching w/ the back button is best when playing goal, otherise leave it at default and learn to skate w/ guy off camera at times.

tbadfly
02-19-2009, 01:38 PM
I played around with the practice and create a play today.That is pretty slick, I wonder if it gives everyone a blue line for that play? I am afraid though you have to set it for the team you most likely play ,I just used the defaullt so i don't know if it will work for any other team?

It was pretty cool to test it over and over and figure out how to get the goalie out of position though.

kelsoe
02-19-2009, 01:41 PM
I played around with the practice and create a play today.That is pretty slick, I wonder if it gives everyone a blue line for that play? I am afraid though you have to set it for the team you most likely play ,I just used the defaullt so i don't know if it will work for any other team?

It was pretty cool to test it over and over and figure out how to get the goalie out of position though.

yes it does.

now dont start getting over your head there big guy...dont be putting the cart before the horse.[:P]

tbadfly
02-19-2009, 01:46 PM
yes it does.

if i set a play for kapoot will it show the blue lines when we play online and pick the agrressive or standard or whatever type play?

kelsoe
02-19-2009, 02:17 PM
yes it does.

if i set a play for kapoot will it show the blue lines when we play online and pick the agrressive or standard or whatever type play?

to be honest, ive never tried it. ive never used the create a play feature and am not sure how it translates to otp games.

i do know that it does work somehow and im pretty sure a buddy of mine says it can be used online. the arrows appear for all your teammates.

im pretty sure theres even an achievement for it.

ill try and look into it. happy hunting.[sg]

TripleQ
02-19-2009, 03:19 PM
From the achivement guide... probably the easiest way to get the achievement, plus it shows that it will work online.

Go to Game Modes &gt; Create Play Mode and select a situation to create
the play in. Create a Breakout (aggressive) play. You start behind your
goal. Click on B for record, then go right, click on B again. Then
click on X to save the Play. Exit to the Main Menu.

From there,
go to Xbox Live &gt; Online Game Modes &gt; Online Versus Play. Select
your preferred matchup (ranked or unranked, doesn't matter) and make
sure to select the team you created the play with. Then do the same in
an online game. No need to change tactics or anything. Just go behind
the goal and a green circle and green line (of the play) will show you
where to go. Now all you have to do is execute the play as you set it
up in the creation zone. You don't have to score, just do it 3-4 times
to be sure, because the achievement will pop up AFTER the game.

I played with it a bit awhile ago, I must have saved a play because every once in awhile when playing BAP I will get a bunch of squiggly lines show up on my screen. I think as long as one guy is in the starting position the play will trigger and the lines will show up.

Motown5150
02-19-2009, 04:35 PM
This thread has all of the information I had hoped would be in the game booklet but was not.

Sad but true. EA's brochures never explain a whole lot.

Thanks for posting those, Kelsoe, and everyone else providing tips.

kelsoe
02-19-2009, 05:27 PM
From the achivement guide... probably the easiest way to get the achievement, plus it shows that it will work online.

Go to Game Modes &gt; Create Play Mode and select a situation to create
the play in. Create a Breakout (aggressive) play. You start behind your
goal. Click on B for record, then go right, click on B again. Then
click on X to save the Play. Exit to the Main Menu.

From there,
go to Xbox Live &gt; Online Game Modes &gt; Online Versus Play. Select
your preferred matchup (ranked or unranked, doesn't matter) and make
sure to select the team you created the play with. Then do the same in
an online game. No need to change tactics or anything. Just go behind
the goal and a green circle and green line (of the play) will show you
where to go. Now all you have to do is execute the play as you set it
up in the creation zone. You don't have to score, just do it 3-4 times
to be sure, because the achievement will pop up AFTER the game.

I played with it a bit awhile ago, I must have saved a play because every once in awhile when playing BAP I will get a bunch of squiggly lines show up on my screen. I think as long as one guy is in the starting position the play will trigger and the lines will show up.

looks like thats for 1 v 1 versus mode.

no answer yet on whether or not it works for otp games.

if i remember correctly i think my bud was talking about vs mode when he did the plays.

excaluber
02-20-2009, 03:50 AM
I believe it works in OTP...tho i'm trying to remember, if i just keep seeing that in the 1v1. I'll confirm this one way or another tonight.

Basicly all that happens is, you setup a play. And then when you have the puck you skate through the area where you assigned to start the play.

You don't have to actually follow or complete the play to get the achievement, just start it.

notice not all the other players seem to follow the play exactly, so it doesn't even do a whole lot imo.

cdub998
02-20-2009, 04:27 AM
very cool, and helpfull guide.

I think point #3 is the biggest one imo. I think most people (including myself occasionally) have a tendancy to just follow the puck regardless of their position....especially defensemen. A lot of defensemen creep up towards the net while on offense, but that leads to a lotta odd man rushes when it kicks out the other way. T-bad pug and I were talking about this last night. If the defensemen stay back at the blue line while on offense its huge for three reasons. 1...it prevents odd man rushes and break aways. 2: a LOT of times the puck will kick out off a rebound or deflection or errand pass. If the defensemen are there to grab that and hold it in the zone its a huge advantage, because otherwise even if we get the puck back everyone has to leave the zone and we have to try and work it back in....which is definitly difficult to do sometimes. 3: A lot of times it gets clogged down by the net, and theres just no where to go with the puck. If the defender is back, he's typically open and we can pass it out to the point (the defensemen at the blue line), and clear up some space down by the net as they chase the puck.

Regarding point #4, the only thing i'll add to that in my experience they count a soft dump as a turnover often times. So while its still a better alternative then trying to be gretsky (which i'm often guilty of), its not as great as they make it out to be.

With the d on the point. They can creep up all they want. As long as its called out or known beforehand. I know if someone calls or I know they will be an offensive defenseman I will fill the point spot for them as a forward. Thats how you play the game. you gotta trade positions and keep 2 bock on the points. I also like playing 1 high forward to keep 3 on 2s from happening.

excaluber
02-20-2009, 06:48 AM
@cdub

Thats a good point.

As long as someone is back it should be all good

tbadfly
03-02-2009, 08:07 AM
Here is a pretty good write up on how to play a goalie.I know everyone is pretty good at goal now but thought there might be a tip in here for everyone.

Here is the link (http://forums.easports.com/mboards/thread.jspa?threadID=497116&amp;tstart=0)

ScatRD
03-02-2009, 09:18 AM
Cool. Thanks for posting all of this.

Chris my guy is defensive D-man so I could get the hits as well since I usually play Defense. Supposedly with the new patch not as many of the minor nudges in front of the net will count as hits anymore. Maybe you ScatRD and I won't appear to be such goons after that. http://adultgamingenthusiasts.com/emoticons/emotion-5.gif

Hey now! I resemble that remark...

I just don't get how my Aggressiveness is low but every 3 or 4 body checks ends in minors plus if I poke check I get called for tripping about 25% of the time..

About the only time I can get hits is right off the face off when the ref has his back to me and even then I'm trying to avoid them, or when I crash the net to try and make room for a puck to slide by and make room so hopefully I can get a rebound.

Yet on almost every coaches dislikes I get told to be more aggressive??

TurboPanzy
03-02-2009, 09:24 AM
I just don't get how my Aggressiveness is low but every 3 or 4 body checks ends in minors plus if I poke check I get called for tripping about 25% of the time

"Discipline" is what determines how frequently you'll get called for penalties. Try throwing a bunch of points there and see if it's any better. Though after the patch, I doubt this will make a difference any more.

made33
03-02-2009, 10:40 AM
As far as the poke checking just have to watch i usually only do it if im coming from behind and my guy is on the opposingplayers stick side. If you try it from the other side thats when you get called for tripping. With the checking my guy is a sniper but he still hits pretty good, I only go for the guy with the puck or hit after the whistle and if im covering somebody in front of the net ill stand off to the side and try to time a good stick lift. With the checking in front of the net I know I get hammered by the computer A.I. constantly and they get no call but if you try doing it you'll be heading to the box. With trying to be more physical just follow through withyou checks even if the person just passed the puck you have about 2 seconds where its still ok to hit because of forward momentumhim plus thats one less person for your team to deal with. I don't know how much that will help you though

DarthSN
03-20-2009, 09:43 AM
so I picked this game up today... if anyone wants a someone who probably can't even skate on their team just let me know!

WideNine
03-20-2009, 09:51 AM
so I picked this game up today... if anyone wants a someone who probably can't even skate on their team just let me know!

Ha, another convert.

Wednesdays are official gamenight. However there are rooms going quite a few days of the week.

We don't care about skill level, it is easy to pick up and a lot of newcomers make an impact right away.

My advice is to play a few be-a-pro games to get the feel and send messages to people you see sitting in NHL on your friends list. A lot of times there will be 2 or 3 of us in the game and we will get a game started somehow depending on what we are doing.

cdub998
03-20-2009, 09:54 AM
In fact there are usually good rooms going friday nights.

tbadfly
03-20-2009, 10:13 AM
i am in for hockey tonight friday night fights baby.....errr i mean hockey.

WideNine
03-20-2009, 10:51 AM

Will u play in the nude?

btcs41
03-20-2009, 12:02 PM

Will u play in the nude?

Is it birthday suit and mustache night?

Capt. T
03-20-2009, 12:04 PM

Will u play in the nude?

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-scared001.gif

btcs41
03-20-2009, 12:12 PM
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-scared001.gif

Gives new meaning to the player type of Dangler...eh? [6]

btcs41
03-20-2009, 12:48 PM

Sweet! Fresh meat! One rule--you've got to play goalie during your first night. Ask fooburger--he'll tell you all about it!

tbadfly
03-20-2009, 01:03 PM
I will be playing in the nude and if you look at capt.t's smiley it's peaking through its fingers.Good to hear darthsn got it and can now enter tbads funzone[:D]

I will also be using my donkey stick to score on darth tonight.

kelsoe
03-20-2009, 01:56 PM
stop spamming the 'tips' thread !!..(4 pages and only one page of tips).. unless your 'tips' are on how to spam..[:P].. or your spam is about 'tips'...[:D]

WideNine
03-20-2009, 03:40 PM
stop spamming the 'tips' thread !!..(4 pages and only one page of tips).. unless your 'tips' are on how to spam../emoticons/emotion-4.gif.. or your spam is about 'tips'.../emoticons/emotion-2.gif

[:O] Tbad giving his tips on how to play in the nude.

kelsoe
03-20-2009, 03:45 PM

duuuuude... wrong thread for that post.. you shoot for a hockey sub forum then post about playing tonight in the help and tips thread? no wonder it took so long to get one.[:P]

what we really need is a 'tbad's hockey forum' .. can get updates when he wants to play and tips on how to play in the nude and where he like to put his lumber.[:D]

&lt;&lt;&lt; oops , now im spamming [6]

tbadfly
03-20-2009, 03:51 PM
kelsoe quit spamming this thread (/forums/p/28954/349201.aspx#349201)

cdub998
03-20-2009, 03:54 PM

duuuuude... wrong thread for that post.. you shoot for a hockey sub forum then post about playing tonight in the help and tips thread? no wonder it took so long to get one./emoticons/emotion-4.gif

what we really need is a 'tbad's hockey forum' .. can get updates when he wants to play and tips on how to play in the nude and where he like to put his lumber./emoticons/emotion-2.gif

&lt;&lt;&lt; oops , now im spamming /emoticons/emotion-14.gif

Se how easy it is... MUHAHAHAHAH http://www.ryanmcbain.com/forums/images/smilies/spam_emoticon.gif

tbadfly
03-20-2009, 03:59 PM
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk247/tbadfly/offtopic.gif (http://s282.photobucket.com/albums/kk247/tbadfly/?action=view&amp;current=offtopic.gif)

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk247/tbadfly/1ManBanned3.gif (http://s282.photobucket.com/albums/kk247/tbadfly/?action=view&amp;current=1ManBanned3.gif)

fooburger
03-24-2009, 07:35 AM
WTF!

You can turn off player indicators, change skill points, player size....has something to do with game play!

I should of read the directions!

tbadfly
03-24-2009, 07:37 AM
WTF!

You can turn off player indicators, change skill points, player size....has something to do with game play!

Also make sure you put your attributes into your online character. Several have had issues finding this so thought i would mention it. Also change your puck shadow to large and puck trail on..

fooburger
03-24-2009, 07:47 AM
WT!

Also make sure you put your attributes into your on line character. Several have had issues finding this so thought i would mention it. Also change your puck shadow to large and puck trail on..

OMG! I had no clue about any of this! I need to do a little research!

TurboPanzy
04-03-2009, 08:49 AM
I just came across this rather thorough list of dekes... [Y]

Clicky (http://www.eashlforum.com/forum/view_eashlnhl09moves.htm)

Blue Llama
04-03-2009, 09:02 AM
I just came across this rather thorough list of dekes... /emoticons/emotion-21.gif

Nice! Been looking for a nice summary like that. Good find Turbo. Thanks!

Capt. T
04-03-2009, 09:09 AM
Nice find Turbo. Now maybe I can do one of those cool moves I see some of you pull off.....or just end up in the sin bin as per usual. [;)]

TurboPanzy
04-03-2009, 09:54 AM
No prob, was glad to come across it myself. There's a few on there I didn't know how to do... but have been pwned by too many times.

kelsoe
04-03-2009, 12:06 PM
I just came across this rather thorough list of dekes... http://adultgamingenthusiasts.com/emoticons/emotion-21.gif

should have posted the full wine and cheese list [*-)]

i found this at the same site.. looks like someone's looking to jump the arsenal ship..[:P]

<table class="tborder mceItemTable" width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="$stylevar[cellpadding]" cellspacing="$stylevar[cellspacing]"><tbody><tr><td class="alt2" align="center"><font size="1">Doublepugman</font> (http://www.eashlforum.com/forum/member.php?u=2353)</td>
<td class="alt2" align="center"><font size="1">Yesterday - 11:36 AM</font></td>
<td class="alt2" align="center"><font size="1">Fun</font></td>
<td class="alt2" width="15%" align="center"><font size="1">Legend card. 28 and looking for mature team.</font></td>
<td class="alt2" align="center"><font size="1">19</font></td>
<td class="alt2" align="center"><font size="1">Double Pugman</font></td>
<td class="alt2" align="center"><font size="1">LW</font></td>
<td class="alt2" align="center"><font size="1">LD</font></td>
<td class="alt2" align="center"><font size="1">RW</font></td>
<td class="alt2" align="center"><font size="1">Dangler</font></td>
<td class="alt2" align="center"><font size="1">B</font></td>
<td class="alt2" align="center"><font size="1">255</font></td>
<td class="alt2" align="center"><font size="1">0.62</font></td>
<td class="alt2" align="center"><font size="1">0.53</font></td>
<td class="alt2" align="center"><font size="1">1.15</font></td>
<td class="alt2" align="center"><font size="1">-96</font></td>
<td class="alt2" align="center"><font size="1">383</font></td>
<td class="alt2" align="center"><font size="1">1351</font></td>
<td class="alt2" align="center"><font size="1">B</font></td>
<td class="alt2" align="center"><font size="1">21</font></td>
<td class="alt2" align="center"><font size="1">11</font></td>
<td class="alt2" align="center"><font size="1">10</font></td>
<td class="alt2" align="center"><font size="1">2.07</font></td>
<td class="alt2" align="center"><font size="1">88.000</font></td>
<td class="alt2" align="center">
</td></tr></tbody></table>

TurboPanzy
04-03-2009, 03:09 PM
should have posted the full wine and cheese list http://adultgamingenthusiasts.com/emoticons/emotion-42.gif

Sorry Yambag... I mean Kelsoe. [:P]

SuperRabbit
04-03-2009, 04:42 PM
If I had any skill to do the Wine and Cheese set I'd be all over them in EAHL games. As it is, I just do my normal moves against CPU goalies which are completely and utterly uselless.

Doghead333
04-04-2009, 03:59 AM
should have posted the full wine and cheese list /emoticons/emotion-42.gif

Sorry Yambag... I mean Kelsoe. /emoticons/emotion-4.gif
<div style="CLEAR: both"></div>

[ro]

fooburger
04-07-2009, 06:42 AM
Hello all,

I thought I heard cdub mention something about, where too and where not too spend your attribute points , that thecpu controls certain things and adding points to certain areas doesn't mean anything.

Is that true, I can't find anything on this.

Thanks

tbadfly
04-07-2009, 06:45 AM
this foo?

[QUOTE=kelsoe"]

This was posted on the EA forums by Jason Rupert, he is the programmer
of NHL 09, and also the guy who is in charge of programming the
upcoming patch.So it is<span style="text-decoration: underline;">official>, no more speculation as to what each att. does. I thought you guys might like it:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<span style="text-decoration: underline;">PLAYER ATTRIBUTE EFFECTS

Offensive Attributes>

Wrist shot accuracy

Wrist shot power

Puck Control
-Related to the deking effect of shooting, good puck control prevents the loss of accuracy
- Ability to keep the puck when bumped or there is stick to stick contact on the puck carrier

Deking

Slap Shot Accuracy
-Accuracy of slap shots

Slap Shot Power
-Power of slap shots

Passing
-Magnitude of the effect on quality of passes outside of the player's field of view (see Off.Aware)
-Also
affects the likelihood of pass interception, e.g. a good passer affects
opponents ability to intercept passes. This is old stuff, I do not like
this artificial approach at all, it should just affect the quality of
the pass and the opponents should deal with the puck based on their own
situation and attributes. This is part of the cause of the weirdness
you sometimes see where players won't intercept pucks it seems they
should.

Off. Awareness
-Field of view is for making passes, passes to players outside field of view are slowed (see Passing)

Deflections
-
Ideally this would have more of an effect on whether the deflection
connects in the first place and on how well placed the deflected puck
is. Should be improved for NHL10.

<span style="text-decoration: underline;">Defensive Attributes>

Balance

Checking
-Ability to hit
- CPU decision to hit

Defensive Awareness
-Pass interceptions

Discipline
- Takes fewer penalties, for humans this affects calls that would randomly occur on hits (like elbows)

Face- offs

Shot Blocking
-Bad shot blockers get the standing shot block, good ones get the sliding one which reduces the screen effect.

Aggressiveness
-No effect on human.

<span style="text-decoration: underline;">Athleticism Attributes>

Acceleration
- Forward acceleration

Agility
-Turning ability

Speed
-Top speed

Toughness
-Fighting ability

Endurance

Durability

<span style="text-decoration: underline;">GOALIE ATTRIBUTE EFFECTS>

<span style="text-decoration: underline;">Goalie Reflex Attributes>

Angles

Breakaway
-Modifies save ability

BullJunior
04-07-2009, 09:14 AM
just making this thread easier to find from home

fooburger
04-07-2009, 11:22 AM
[QUOTE=tbadfly"]

this foo?

[QUOTE=kelsoe"]

This was posted on the EA forums by Jason Rupert, he is the programmer of NHL 09, and also the guy who is in charge of programming the upcoming patch.So it is<SPAN style="TEXT-DECORATION: underline" mce_style="TEXT-DECORATION: underline">official</SPAN>, no more speculation as to what each att. does. I thought you guys might like it:

<SPAN style="TEXT-DECORATION: underline" mce_style="TEXT-DECORATION: underline">PLAYER ATTRIBUTE EFFECTS

Offensive Attributes</SPAN>

Wrist shot accuracy

Wrist shot power

Puck Control

Deking

Slap Shot Accuracy
-Accuracy of slap shots

Slap Shot Power
-Power of slap shots

Passing
-Also affects the likelihood of pass interception, e.g. a good passer affects opponents ability to intercept passes. This is old stuff, I do not like this artificial approach at all, it should just affect the quality of the pass and the opponents should deal with the puck based on their own situation and attributes. This is part of the cause of the weirdness you sometimes see where players won't intercept pucks it seems they should.

Off. Awareness

Deflections
- Ideally this would have more of an effect on whether the deflection connects in the first place and on how well placed the deflected puck is. Should be improved for NHL10.

<SPAN style="TEXT-DECORATION: underline" mce_style="TEXT-DECORATION: underline">Defensive Attributes</SPAN>

Balance

Checking
-Ability to hit
- CPU decision to hit

Defensive Awareness
-Pass interceptions

Discipline

Face- offs

Shot Blocking

Aggressiveness
-No effect on human.

<SPAN style="TEXT-DECORATION: underline" mce_style="TEXT-DECORATION: underline">Athleticism Attributes</SPAN>

Acceleration
- Forward acceleration

Agility
-Turning ability

Speed
-Top speed

Toughness
-Fighting ability

Endurance

Durability

<SPAN style="TEXT-DECORATION: underline" mce_style="TEXT-DECORATION: underline">GOALIE ATTRIBUTE EFFECTS</SPAN>

<SPAN style="TEXT-DECORATION: underline" mce_style="TEXT-DECORATION: underline">Goalie Reflex Attributes</SPAN>

Angles

[B]Breakaway

btcs41
04-07-2009, 11:31 AM
I saw this already, but I thought there was some kind oflist on wherenot to put Attribute points.

Never mind, thanks though!

Foo, none of this will help you anyway so don't bother. there is no chainsaw or sniper! [:P]

tbadfly
04-07-2009, 11:41 AM
Endurance
-Not used in game

Durability
-Not used in game because goalies do not get injured currently

Aggressiveness
-Should be how far he comes out to challenge, but it is not working currently because it is tied to Angles instead

Aggressiveness
-No effect on human.

Poke Checking

Shot Recovery
-How quickly the goalie gets up when after being down - currently no effect

This tells you the ones that have no effect?

Let me know exactly what you're looking for I want to know too.

Also don't add into toughness IT WILL make you take more penalities not the human but the cpu players you play with.

Also I read that if a human drops the cpu player keeps his stats if you start with cpu they have 75 stats across the board.

Also read stuff on the skates like the 13" might give you 115% of your speed

Here is a great link http://www.eashlforum.com/forum/view_eashlequipment1.htm (http://www.eashlforum.com/forum/view_eashlequipment1.htm)

That should give everyone something to fiddle with

It is also quite possible the ref with the big eyes calls more penalities[:D]

fooburger
04-07-2009, 11:57 AM
Endurance
-Not used in game

Durability

Aggressiveness
-Should be how far he comes out to challenge, but it is not working currently because it is tied to Angles instead

Aggressiveness
-No effect on human.

Poke Checking

Shot Recovery

Drrr!

I'm sure this is the list!

Thanks Tbad, can you please finish highlighting the remaining list? I'm slightly retarded!

tbadfly
04-07-2009, 11:59 AM
foo when you wrote the post above i updated my last post.

tbadfly
04-07-2009, 11:59 AM
Endurance
-Not used in game

Durability

Aggressiveness

Aggressiveness
-No effect on human.

Poke Checking

Shot Recovery

Also don't add into toughness IT WILL make you take more penalities not the human but the cpu players you play with.

Also I read that if a human drops the cpu player keeps his stats if you start with cpu they have 75 stats across the board.

Also read stuff on the skates like the 13" might give you 115% of your speed

Here is a great link http://www.eashlforum.com/forum/view_eashlequipment1.htm (http://www.eashlforum.com/forum/view_eashlequipment1.htm)

That should give everyone something to fiddle with

It is also quite possible the ref with the big eyes calls more penalities/emoticons/emotion-2.gif

here check the link too

here is another link if you have a while to weed through it all it's great http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/120/176035.page

taken from above link

<span class="postbody">
Being taller and/or heavier has these pros and cons:

+checking

+resisting being checked

+reach (because the stick is longer)

-speed

-agility

-acceleration

-keeping the puck in close (because puck is more exposed being further away)
>

<span class="postbody">Also fatigue isn't a factor in OTP>

<span class="postbody">I will also say my faith in EA is coming back with devs like Redshirt(or pr men or whatever he is)
>

<span class="postbody">I wish there was a way to get all the tips on one page on this thread since kelsoe spammed it up in the middle[ro]
>

kelsoe
04-07-2009, 12:51 PM

untrue.

tbadfly
04-07-2009, 01:05 PM

untrue.

My interpretation may have been a bit off.

from the above link from redshirt

<span class="postbody">

"Actually, more Toughness will make you take more penalties, which
is stupid in my opinion and will be changed for NHL10. I updated the
notes to reflect that. Aggressiveness does not do this for humans, but
because it makes the CPU (including teammates) check more it might lead
to them taking more penalties indirectly." >

kelsoe
04-07-2009, 01:58 PM
to them taking more penalties indirectly."

also untrue.

cdub998
04-07-2009, 03:12 PM
I use the skates. the 13" blades work good. You can up your agility at 1 point a piece instead of the 3 points it takes for speed.

off awareness and def awareness don't need to be added too. neither does durability or endurance. Those are the ones off the top of my head. also make sure to change your stick blade to suit your style.

tbadfly
04-07-2009, 03:21 PM
off awareness and def awareness don't need to be added too

Why not?

cdub998
04-07-2009, 03:23 PM
off awareness and def awareness don't need to be added too

Why not?

Because they mostly work for cpu characters. You won't get nearly the benefit from adding to it as you would something like balance and puck control or passing.

Doublepugman
04-07-2009, 03:25 PM
I have tried dumping points into both. Offensive awareness helps with passing but I don't notice enough difference to make it worthwhile. I think defensive awareness is extremely worthwhile. In fact all 20 of my points go in that category. It helps intercept passes and your player will autopokecheck at times if you get the rating high enough.

Doublepugman
04-07-2009, 03:26 PM
to them taking more penalties indirectly."

also untrue.

I'm with tbad on this one. His quote comes straight from the developer. If Jason Rupert says its true then I believe him. I don't have access to the games code like he does. I believe he is more qualified than me.

tbadfly
04-07-2009, 03:31 PM
also from redshirt, and I dumped a ton in dawareness and could tell or at least i thought i could,offense maybe not quite as much.I read through that thread like 3 times today trying to get a good grasp on it.Redshirt is pretty clear with his answers and will say when he is wrong or there is a flaw.

__________________________________________________ _____________________

<span class="postbody">
"Defensive Awareness

-Pass interceptions

Which part of it are you not convinced about? I am going by the code, so I am pretty sure.">

<span class="postbody">__________________________________________________ ________________________>

<span class="postbody">
>

tbadfly
04-07-2009, 03:32 PM
I'm with tbad on this one[gl]

Also to clarify (since people think I argue too much) I'm not arguing with anyone.I was just trying to give those that didn't have time to read through 14 pages of thread.

I am not making assumptions on my play( NO MATTER HOW AWESOME IT IS) just parrotting what the ea guy is saying.

cdub998
04-07-2009, 03:33 PM
I have tried dumping points into both. Offensive awareness helps with passing but I don't notice enough difference to make it worthwhile. I think defensive awareness is extremely worthwhile. In fact all 20 of my points go in that category. It helps intercept passes and your player will autopokecheck at times if you get the rating high enough.

interesting its not what i had heard. i'll have to play around with that one. I have found my player does it as a forward great as is. As long as I use the vision control i intercept things all the time.

Doublepugman
04-07-2009, 03:42 PM
Maybe it's just me but I feel like it makes a difference. When I play C I put my points in faceoffs rather then D awareness but when I play anywhere else I put them in d awareness. I think I intercept more passes and I definitely notice the autopokecheck. I think it is like the autosaucer pass though, it only kicks in when you hit a certain level. I think the saucer pass is 90, but I don't know about the autopokecheck.

I think reading the posts by Jason Rupert really helped me build a more effective player and far more effective goalie. Understanding how "saves" are calculated helps you know where to put your goalie points.

cdub998
04-07-2009, 03:50 PM
I like balance a lot more. Keeps you on your feet.

tbadfly
04-07-2009, 03:52 PM
I think reading the posts by Jason Rupert really helped me build a more effective player and far more effective goalie

+1 I definitely got on line today changed my goalie and skater around A LOT!!!!

The little graph on weight and height from one of the links I posted above has made a big difference in what I did.I am anxious to try it out.

I tried my changes to the goalie out against the cpu....the try it on ice thing.....and wow huge difference I felt.

I think it's all how you play on what you want.I don't hit hardly ever so i don't put points in check etc. Redshirt said a few times in the thread that it's all how you play also some things make a huge difference to you because of the way you play.

So if we have the know the attributes that actually do something (why some don't is beyond me) we should be able to better build our player for the way we play.

Doublepugman
04-07-2009, 03:56 PM

Might have to do with the size of your player. I don't find balance helps me much but I think that is mostly because my player is small and light. Balance might help more if i was bigger and heavier.

To add to tbad's height and weight info. Weight affects agility but not speed. Height slows you down. I clocked my player at 185 and 225 and got the exact same time.

cdub998
04-07-2009, 06:53 PM

Might have to do with the size of your player. I don't find balance helps me much but I think that is mostly because my player is small and light. Balance might help more if i was bigger and heavier.

To add to tbad's height and weight info. Weight affects agility but not speed. Height slows you down. I clocked my player at 185 and 225 and got the exact same time.

I noticed because I went from grinder to playmaker and the balance went down. Now I fall a lot more than i did. My guy is only 5'11"

Doublepugman
04-07-2009, 07:13 PM

I noticed because I went from grinder to playmaker and the balance went down. Now I fall a lot more than i did. My guy is only 5'11"

Interesting.......I played with balance a bit awhile back and didn't feel like it helped me much. Maybe I'll have to try again. I found if I bulked my guy up to 225 i got knocked down less but I missed the agility I have at 185 and went back to being small.

cdub998
04-08-2009, 03:50 AM

Interesting.......I played with balance a bit awhile back and didn't feel like it helped me much. Maybe I'll have to try again. I found if I bulked my guy up to 225 i got knocked down less but I missed the agility I have at 185 and went back to being small.

Yeah I refuse to make my guy that big so I need the balance. I will try to check and I will fall over now.

goblue52
04-30-2009, 05:12 AM
just wanted to say thanks for the games last night. sorry I droped so qucikly but the 75 mph winds kicked the crap out our power. Need to join you guys more often.

TazmanAK
04-30-2009, 06:45 AM
Hmmm maybe I should have read this thread. I kept saying "why are we getting called for offsides? I'm over the blue line pass me the puck!" [:P]

Guess if I understood the rules of hockey it might help too.

cdub998
04-30-2009, 06:59 AM
Hmmm maybe I should have read this thread. I kept saying "why are we getting called for offsides? I'm over the blue line pass me the puck!" /emoticons/emotion-4.gif

Nice. thats awesome.

Capt. T
04-30-2009, 02:52 PM
Hmmm maybe I should have read this thread. I kept saying "why are we getting called for offsides? I'm over the blue line pass me the puck!" http://adultgamingenthusiasts.com/emoticons/emotion-4.gif

That was amusing last night.

excaluber
05-01-2009, 07:27 AM
Hmmm maybe I should have read this thread. I kept saying "why are we getting called for offsides? I'm over the blue line pass me the puck!" http://adultgamingenthusiasts.com/emoticons/emotion-4.gif

LOL, don't worry greasy and plenty of others did the same thing. Just stick with it, because it takes a few times playing to get used to the controls and rules. But after that, its a blast i promise.

Especially the friday night benders.

WideNine
05-01-2009, 07:38 AM

Yep, that is where we let our mullets down and feel the beer tickle our mustaches.

TazmanAK
05-01-2009, 07:53 AM

Yep, that is where we let our mullets down and feel the beer tickle our mustaches.

That reminds me, I have to go wash and wax the firebird...

WideNine
05-01-2009, 08:21 AM

Me too, have to escort a semi load of Coors across statelines tomorrow.

Greasy Monk
05-01-2009, 10:01 AM

I just removed the restrictor plate from the Red Dragon. But keep that on the down low... she's not exactly street legal.

[B][B]

Capt. T
05-01-2009, 10:25 AM
To bring this back on topic I have a tip for NHL09:

Stay the heck away from Widenine on a friday night boarding bender. or you may just find out that the lumber really can go there. [:O]

WideNine
05-01-2009, 11:12 AM
Stay the heck away from Widenine on a friday night boarding bender. or you may just find out that the lumber really can go there. /emoticons/emotion-3.gif

That should go for the rest of the days of the week too!

Greasy Monk
05-01-2009, 12:01 PM
To bring this back on topic I have a tip for NHL09:

[^o)]

Mullets, moosestaches, and moonshine runnin'. Seems like we can't get much more on-topic than that for an NHL night.

Duplexitron
05-18-2009, 08:48 AM
I'm just wondering if anyone is having, or had a rough time unlocking the BaP goalie achievement? I'm trying to unlock it now, and twice already I have achieved a BaP goalie ranking of "A" but for some reason I'm not getting the achievement, and I'm playing on the Pro setting. I've already unlocked the center, winger, and defense man achievements in BaP, and it only took me one game for each of them.

I'm going to play one more game with this BaP, and if I still don't unlock it, then I'm going to start a new BaP season as goalie.

Capt. T
05-18-2009, 09:46 AM
I'm just wondering if anyone is having, or had a rough time unlocking the BaP goalie achievement? I'm trying to unlock it now, and twice already I have achieved a BaP goalie ranking of "A" but for some reason I'm not getting the achievement, and I'm playing on the Pro setting. I've already unlocked the center, winger, and defense man achievements in BaP, and it only took me one game for each of them.

I'm going to play one more game with this BaP, and if I still don't unlock it, then I'm going to start a new BaP season as goalie.

It is your overall score as goalie. I only played one game as center and got the cheevo for that.