PDA

View Full Version : CHEATING/GLITCHING: Not acceptable in AGE Gears rooms.

AJ in HD
02-10-2009, 08:26 AM
I have recently been made aware that in an all-AGE room on Pavillion that one or more "AGE" people have used the still un-patched wall/shield-glitch to get inside the spawn location.

Cheating/glitching is one of the core reasons that we are all here at AGE, to escape that and play the game within the limits of the game. We are all adults and though we are aware of the bugs and how to exploit them, what separates us from the GP is that we DO NOT employ these glitches against other AGE members.

I was unpleasantly surprised to hear that this has happened in an ALL-AGE room and I seriously hope that everyone appreciates how great it is for us to have this respite from the dirty dirty GP. Whether this was done by newer AGE members who simply assumed that these well-known glitches are common place and possibly ok or whether they are done by veteran AGE members...I think we all appreciate that AGE rooms are supposed to be glitch free and fun.

Nobody likes to be glitched on. Please, if you see members using these exploits I would hope that the glitcher is made aware that we do not condone that behavior at AGE.

bafroom
02-10-2009, 08:31 AM
seriously, glitching in an age room? go play with the gp if you want to do that kind of stuff.

good post.

ThirdMartini
02-10-2009, 08:42 AM
<meta http-equiv="CONTENT-TYPE" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">
<title></title>
<meta name="GENERATOR" content="OpenOffice.org 2.4 (Linux)">
<style type="text/css">
<!--
@page { size: 8.5in 11in; margin: 0.79in }
P { margin-bottom: 0.08in }
-->
</style>

<p style="margin-bottom: 0in;">IMHO: Anyone glitch or exploit in an AGE
game should get a warning and on next offense kick banned ... then
publicly called out in the forums for additional embarrassment.

Ryan916
02-10-2009, 08:44 AM
<p style="margin-bottom: 0in;" mce_style="margin-bottom: 0in;">IMHO: Anyone glitch or exploit in an AGE

Good idea!

ppw
02-10-2009, 08:44 AM
<p style="margin-bottom: 0in;">IMHO: Anyone glitch or exploit in an AGE

agreed

DGpenguin
02-10-2009, 08:57 AM
We are all adults and though we are aware of the bugs and how to exploit them.

these well-known glitches

Good post. But I highly doubt everyone here at AGE is completely aware of said glitches - and it's probably not very politic to assume so.

I've no idea what they are, and I'd rather not waste my time scouring the 'net to find them.Wall/Shield? First time I've heard of it.

Guess that makes me a nub - I don't know the GOW 2 glitches.Honestly, I don't even know H3 glitches. I don't have the patience to work at those kind of things.

And I'd feel sorry for anyone who knows them and exploits them here at AGE - or anywhere. It's indicative of a poverty of intellect and ethic.

Again, good post AJ! I don't want to listen to the GP and I certainly don't want their scandalous tactics infiltrating our community of cool people.

bafroom
02-10-2009, 09:00 AM

Good post. But I highly doubt everyone here at AGE is completely aware of said glitches - and it's probably not very politic to assume so.

I've no idea what they are, and I'd rather not waste my time scouring the 'net to find them.Wall/Shield? First time I've heard of it.

Guess that makes me a nub - I don't know the GOW 2 glitches.Honestly, I don't even know H3 glitches. I don't have the patience to work at those kind of things.

And I'd feel sorry for anyone who knows them and exploits them here at AGE - or anywhere. It's indicative of a poverty of intellect and ethic.

Again, good post AJ! I don't want to listen to the GP and I certainly don't want their scandalous tactics infiltrating our community of cool people.

well, it involves jumping thru a closed door (wall) so you're obviously cheating if you do it. there is really no gray area with this particular glitch.

Ballsjaken
02-10-2009, 09:00 AM
good post.

i don't know what the glitches in gears2 are, but from the sounds of it, its not likely that the glitcher is doing it by accident. not like the window glitch on lvu campus in r6v.

jigsawhc
02-10-2009, 09:02 AM
I agree there should not be any cheating or glitching in an AGE room.

If I'm hosting consider this your warning that I'll boot you from the room if I find out someone it intentionally glitching/cheating.

AJ in HD
02-10-2009, 09:04 AM

Penguin, the point is that regardless of whether we know or do not know what the glitches are...they are NOT TO BE USED in an AGE room. That is the beauty. You don't have to know the glitches.

If people want to learn them to know how to combat them against the GP, that does not impact me so long as it does not happen in an AGE room. That is the main point.

So I may have simply assumed most of us were aware of the existence of glitches, but it doesn't matter for our purposes.

CO D0G
02-10-2009, 09:04 AM
good post.

i don't know what the glitches in gears2 are, but from the sounds of it, its not likely that the glitcher is doing it by accident. not like the window glitch on lvu campus in r6v.

the window glitch on LVU is only accidental 1 time. and during that first time, the second you feel superhuman, you should realize you just might be glitchin'....

i KNEW balls was a glitcher!!! [:P]

Sard of KC
02-10-2009, 09:11 AM
from the sounds of it, its not likely that the glitcher is doing it by accident.

I am so 'button-challenged' in GOW2 that I could envision myself doing it by accident. [:|]

Hell I can't even keep track of the maps let alone where a glitch is.........

Ballsjaken
02-10-2009, 09:11 AM
the window glitch on LVU is only accidental 1 time. and during that first time, the second you feel superhuman, you should realize you just might be glitchin'....

i completely agree.

i KNEW balls was a glitcher!!! http://adultgamingenthusiasts.com/emoticons/emotion-4.gif

i'm guessing you haven't seen me play gears2... if i'm glitchin', i ain't doing it right. [ro]

CO D0G
02-10-2009, 09:14 AM
'm guessing you haven't seen me play gears2... if i'm glitchin', i ain't doing it right. /emoticons/72.gifno, i haven't. i'm just givin' you shit. then again, i think you may have put a motion sensor rigged with C4 on the door behind the window glitch on LVU..... [6]

(again, just jokin' balls!)

glitcher.....

virtual-human
02-10-2009, 09:16 AM
from the sounds of it, its not likely that the glitcher is doing it by accident.

I am so 'button-challenged' in GOW2 that I could envision myself doing it by accident. /emoticons/emotion-8.gif

Hell I can't even keep track of the maps let alone where a glitch is.........

<div style="CLEAR: both"></div>

You would not do this by accident. You would immediately know something was wrong (when youPASS THROUGH A CLOSED DOOR).

If anybody sees a player blatantly disregard a warning to please stop glitching, please pass the name along to an admin or mod so that the appropriate response can be taken on the forums as well, as this behavior is against the AGE guidelines. [b]

quicksilver1663
02-10-2009, 09:27 AM
RAK=Glitcher

Ok kidding but he plays like he is one.

Godo post. I have not personally witnessed it or actually know how to do it but will keep my beer goggled eyes open for it.

Ballsjaken
02-10-2009, 09:31 AM
glitcher.....

ha! you gotta earn those beautiful badges somehow!

Twilight Noire
02-10-2009, 09:48 AM
Right on. *I don't play Gears anymore but it's good to see just how serious this BS is taken here. *It just reiterates how cool this place is. *I think that whomever is pulling this crap should get a PM straight away and a link to this page with a big fat sad face icon like this one [:@] or possibly [8o|]

HolyVVater
02-10-2009, 10:14 AM
i'm gonna.

Wokisan
02-10-2009, 10:31 AM
Whew! Guess I'm safe. I don't even know the names of the maps much less be able to do something with a door and a shield.....

Sounds like something kinky Soldan would do in the privacy of his house.. [6]

AJ in HD
02-10-2009, 10:53 AM

Penguin, the point is that regardless of whether we know or do not know what the glitches are...they are NOT TO BE USED in an AGE room. That is the beauty. You don't have to know the glitches.

If people want to learn them to know how to combat them against the GP, that does not impact me so long as it does not happen in an AGE room. That is the main point.

So I may have simply assumed most of us were aware of the existence of glitches, but it doesn't matter for our purposes.

upon further reflection, I just wanted to make it clear that I'm not saying that Penguin did not understand my point.

The focus of my reply was more to suggest to all those that don't know the glitches that you don't have to know the glitches...just when something doesn't seem right...it's likely a glitch. Like getting hit through walls...or using a smoke grenade to teleport yourself through bridges or walls.

MarkcusD
02-10-2009, 11:16 AM
Smoke glitches can happen without trying. I got teleported to the top of the bridge on river once by someone's smoke. Obviously going through the back door on pavilion is intentional.

AJ in HD
02-10-2009, 11:18 AM
Smoke glitches can happen without trying. I got teleported to the top of the bridge on river once by someone's smoke. Obviously going through the back door on pavilion is intentional.

yep.

smoke glitchting can happen with or without trying.

FrostyMelon
02-10-2009, 11:20 AM
Some birds told me about this the other night, glad you put something up about it, AJ. [Y]

HolyVVater
02-10-2009, 11:22 AM
you can't accidently do the glitch that AJ mentioned pretty sad someone did that.

albyhouse
02-10-2009, 11:37 AM
I doubt I would even know when someone does glitch. I have to say for the couple years I have been an AGE member it's never really been a problem. Now playing SOCOM on the PS2, yikes! talk about glitchers. Maybe the better players I play with that do lots of GP could show me just so I know what to look for.

AJ in HD
02-10-2009, 11:40 AM
I doubt I would even know when someone does glitch.

when they can get through a closed door...they're glitching.

fooburger
02-10-2009, 11:55 AM
I wish I knew how to glitch!

BEAR NASTY
02-10-2009, 12:53 PM
<P style="MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0in" mce_style="MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0in">IMHO: Anyone glitch or exploit in an AGE game should get a warning and on next offense kick banned ... then publicly called out in the forums for additional embarrassment.

And publicly stoned

sm0k1ngun
02-10-2009, 01:10 PM
I have recently been made aware that in an all-AGE room on Pavillion that one or more "AGE" people have used the still un-patched wall/shield-glitch to get inside the spawn location.

Cheating/glitching is one of the core reasons that we are all here at AGE, to escape that and play the game within the limits of the game. We are all adults and though we are aware of the bugs and how to exploit them, what separates us from the GP is that we DO NOT employ these glitches against other AGE members.

I was unpleasantly surprised to hear that this has happened in an ALL-AGE room and I seriously hope that everyone appreciates how great it is for us to have this respite from the dirty dirty GP. Whether this was done by newer AGE members who simply assumed that these well-known glitches are common place and possibly ok or whether they are done by veteran AGE members...I think we all appreciate that AGE rooms are supposed to be glitch free and fun.

Nobody likes to be glitched on. Please, if you see members using these exploits I would hope that the glitcher is made aware that we do not condone that behavior at AGE.

BURN EM!!!!!!

Nilus
02-10-2009, 01:16 PM
Maybe the best way to prevent this is to have the person starting the room remind everyone not to cheat :).

ppw
02-10-2009, 01:18 PM
Maybe the best way to prevent this is to have the person starting the room remind everyone not to cheat :).

if i am host, i dont wanna be babysitter too!

BEAR NASTY
02-10-2009, 01:26 PM

yeah it should go unsaid and fall under the DON'T BE A DICK rule here at age

bafroom
02-10-2009, 01:28 PM

honestly, this is one of the few times i've ever seen, or heard, of out right glitching. there was the weapon slide on g1, which was technically a glitch, but there was some people who didn't care, and did the shit out of it (along with the torque/cover glitch), but people would generally tell the person to knock it off, and they would. hell, i've seen people do the torque/cover glitch accidently, then stand up and let themselves be killed to make up for it.

i guess my point is, 99.9% of the people here don't do it (or in my case, even know how), so announcing it to the room is probably (hopefully) not needed. let's all hope it doesn't get to a point like that anyway.

Nilus
02-10-2009, 01:51 PM

I was just throwing out a suggestion. I didn't mean do it forever, but maybe just at the begining of game night on Thursday just throw that reminder out(I'm assuming this happened on a game night). And if an AGEr continues to do it, kick them from the game(which I assume you can do in Gears 2) and then post them on the board so we can all mock them.

Downsideup
02-10-2009, 02:05 PM
People use to weapon slide, corner snipe(especially this one), and do that hop over the barrier thing on Tyro(some other maps too) all the time in G1, all of them were glitches. I don't know any G2 glitches, well actually just one. On Security the smoketag the ground to get through the lasers. I tried it a couple time before, 3 out of 4 times I ended up getting killed by the lasers lol, serves me right.

AJ in HD
02-10-2009, 02:23 PM
People use to weapon slide, corner snipe(especially this one), and do that hop over the barrier thing on Tyro(some other maps too) all the time in G1, all of them were glitches. I don't know any G2 glitches, well actually just one. On Security the smoketag the ground to get through the lasers. I tried it a couple time before, 3 out of 4 times I ended up getting killed by the lasers lol, serves me right.

most of the guys I played with would specifically NOT use the weapon slide. I know that you used to do it, but many of us did not. Occaisonally someone would weapons slide by accident...but to my knowledge a great many of the AGE Gears 1 players did not weapon slide.

I am not familiar with the Tyro glitch you are referring to, unless it was the glitching out of the map thing. Again, I'd have to say that all the G1 players that I gamed with did not do that intentionally either.

ppw
02-10-2009, 02:28 PM
all these glitches..... i have no idea of any glitches....let alone how to do 'em.

you can tell by my scores that im not a glitcher. (even tho Alby says otherwise.....lol)

Downsideup
02-10-2009, 02:38 PM
The ability to jump over the handrailing near where you spawn at Tyro is what I'm talking about. I still see people weapon slide in G2, I don't know how cause it doesn't work the same way, but I definitely see it. Still though I remember just about anyone that I saw use the sniper consistantly would corner snipe. Like I said I don't even know G2 glitches so I got nothing to worry about, but if people are being punished for smaller glitches it should be clearly defined, cause I use to absolutely hate being corner sniped, but it seemed like that particular glitch was ok with AGErs in G1.

cokebear
02-10-2009, 03:41 PM
Just a reminder from http://adultgamingenthusiasts.com/blogs/age/pages/Welcome-to-AGE.aspx (/blogs/age/pages/Welcome-to-AGE.aspx)

<font size="4">10. Site Rules</font>

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<span class="Normal" id="dnn_ctr401_HtmlModule_HtmlHolder"><font color="#000000">General Guideines:</font>
-Since we are an adult community, you must be at least <u>21 years of age</u> to register with this site and our Games database.

<font color="#000000">Guidelines for Behavior:</font>
-Donít be a dick.

-No cheating or glitching is allowed. People caught doing so will be
swiftly dealt with. See "Guidelines for Cheating and Glitching" (below).
-No drama!!! If
you have a problem, deal with it through Private Messages; either with
the other party, or with an A.G.E. Moderator or Admin. If you want to
argue openly, go to the other 1000 gaming sites available. They seem to
enjoy it. Also, do not post threads in the forum that have potential to
cause problems. If you do so, they will be locked or deleted
immediately.
-No fanboys allowed. That means, no derogatory
discussions about which gaming system is better than the other,
including PC's. No one wants to hear that the system they own is
sub-par. So, don't say it.
-No discriminating or prejudice comments will be tolerated.

-No piracy discussions are allowed. For example, how to copy console/PC
games. Modding discusions such as adding LED lights or painting your
console are allowed. If you are uncertain what is allowed, please ask
first.
-<span class="Normal" id="dnn_ctr402_HtmlModule_HtmlHolder">No
political or religous discussions are allowed. Past experiences have
shown that discussions of these natures bring out the emotions and
passions of forum goers. This is not the place to discuss these things.
If you feel the need to discuss these topics please find a more
appropriate site/forum that caters towards these discussions. Political
and religious threads will be removed by moderators and the posters
warned.>
-Try to be helpful to our community. The best way is to answer thread questions and welcome new forum registers.

-Disregard to our set guidelines will result in disciplinary/removal
action if needed. These may include, but are not limited to, forum
restrictions, removal from the Gamertag database, and removal from our
Xbox game hosts friends lists.
><span class="Normal" id="dnn_ctr401_HtmlModule_HtmlHolder"> -Have fun: remember, this is a GAMING site.>
<span class="Normal" id="dnn_ctr401_HtmlModule_HtmlHolder">
<font color="#000000">Guidelines for Cheating and Glitching:</font>

-Action Replay (or similar devices) will only be allowed for legitimate profile downloads.
For example, if someone does not want to unlock all the cars in Project
Gotham 2 through the single player mode, they can do so by downloading
a profile off the internet that has all the cars unlocked. Any
unintended use of Action Replay with be considered cheating.

-Glitching is considered cheating. Glitching is the act of exploiting a
game through the unintended use of a 'bug' in a game. For example, the
Wall Lean glitch in Rainbow Six 3. A common sense approach will be used
when considering what is acceptable.
-Since cheaters are always
coming up with new ways to exploit games, we reserve the right to
consider any other dissolute scenarios that are not on the "Guidelines
for Cheating and Glitching" list as cheating/glitching.
<u>Note:</u>

-Anyone caught violating the "Guidelines for Cheating and Glitching"
will immediately be kicked from the forums, removed from the Xbox LIVE
Gamertag database, and reported to Microsoft.

<font color="#000000">Guidelines for removing users access:</font>

-If a situation comes up that shows blatant disregard to the

Soldan
02-10-2009, 03:48 PM
Whew! Guess I'm safe. I don't even know the names of the maps much less be able to do something with a door and a shield.....

Sounds like something kinky Soldan would do in the privacy of his house.. /emoticons/emotion-14.gif

Not me man... no sheilds and the doors are wide open. Au naturale all day and all night.

Booyabobby
02-10-2009, 03:53 PM
There still unpatch glitches? There a surprise.

NDN924
02-10-2009, 04:31 PM
And publicly stoned

how is getting them high gonna make they stop glitching?

I feel that anyone cheating should be banned from AGE..

BoomerBrian
02-10-2009, 04:33 PM

upon further reflection, I just wanted to make it clear that I'm not saying that Penguin did not understand my point.

The focus of my reply was more to suggest to all those that don't know the glitches that you don't have to know the glitches...just when something doesn't seem right...it's likely a glitch. Like getting hit through walls...or using a smoke grenade to teleport yourself through bridges or walls.

I didn't think your response was harsh. I think it is fair to say someone didn't understand your point if they say the shield glitch through the Pavilion doors is an accident. Anyone that has seen it done knows it isn't on accident.

AJ in HD
02-10-2009, 04:40 PM
As an aside this forum post comes very close to the "No Drama" rule. It should have been handled through PM with the admins.

dude, my original post was quite drama free. i have nothing else to add.

sm0k1ngun
02-10-2009, 04:41 PM
And publicly stoned

CUT THEIR BALLS OFF!!!!![Y][:@]

Bourbon
02-10-2009, 04:51 PM

Sometimes, as host, we had to enforce this rule when we got the AVS Gears night going. There's always some smartass faggot glitching cheater asshole that had to be "cool" and show us how the GP role. I'd say the glitching problem at AGE is around .0000000009%, though. I love to boot a glitcher. I have enough trouble killing fools who play fair.

Doctor Hoops
02-10-2009, 04:56 PM
As an aside this forum post comes very close to the "No Drama" rule. It should have been handled through PM with the admins.

dude, my original post was quite drama free. i have nothing else to add.

yeah, this isn't drama. This is simply pointing out that some people need to remember why we play together here. I mistakenly thought the wall/shield glitch had been fixed and got totally owned by some GP asshat. It sucked the fun out of the rest of tSaturday night. It'd really be horrible if that kind of thing were to become prevalent here at AGE.Thisis just anice, informative (non-drama) heads up so everyone knows whats expected here. PM'ing the admins shouldn't be the firstresort of a community that is comprised of adults.

Bourbon
02-10-2009, 04:59 PM
<span class="Normal">As an aside this forum post comes very close to the "No Drama" rule. It should have been handled through PM with the admins.
>

I don't agree. I don't think there's any issue with a "public reminder". For one thing, let's be realistic......how many people read forum rules when they join? Another thing, it keeps it on the forefront of everyones mind. If AJ posted a name, then there'd be drama.

vcize
02-10-2009, 05:00 PM
I was in the dead room observing the person when this happened. *They weren't using it in a malicious way or anything, they weren't like using it as a way to sneak up on someone in the spawn or anything like that. *I think they were just trying to put on a show for the people in the dead room (they were the last one alive on the team). *Most of the people in the dead room were laughing at the time. *Probably best to nip it in the bud though.

Bourbon
02-10-2009, 05:01 PM
I was in the dead room observing the person when this happened. They weren't using it in a malicious way or anything, they weren't like using it as a way to sneak up on someone in the spawn or anything like that. I think they were just trying to put on a show for the people in the dead room (they were the last one alive on the team). Most of the people in the dead room were laughing at the time. Probably best to nip it in the bud though.

It was probably you, you fag, you dirty fag.

AJ in HD
02-10-2009, 05:05 PM
Probably best to nip it in the bud though.

[y]

vcize
02-10-2009, 05:05 PM
honestly, this is one of the few times i've ever seen, or heard, of out right glitching. there was the weapon slide on g1, which was technically a glitch, but there was some people who didn't care, and did the shit out of it (along with the torque/cover glitch), but people would generally tell the person to knock it off, and they would. hell, i've seen people do the torque/cover glitch accidently, then stand up and let themselves be killed to make up for it.

I don't think anyone ever did the cover glitch or the weapon slide glitch in Gears 1 intentionally. *The cover glitch in particular I don't think you even could. *Didn't it happen when you got shot during the animation of going into cover?

Anyway, if anyone did intentionally cover glitch or weapon slide in Gears 1 that's a MUCH bigger deal than the one being talked about here, since those are used to gain an advantage in-game, as opposed to this one which was just someone putting on a show for the deadroom like jumping over the car in Gears 1, or smoke tagging a bot in the spawn to make them fly in Gears 2.

vcize
02-10-2009, 05:07 PM
I was in the dead room observing the person when this happened. *They weren't using it in a malicious way or anything, they weren't like using it as a way to sneak up on someone in the spawn or anything like that. *I think they were just trying to put on a show for the people in the dead room (they were the last one alive on the team). *Most of the people in the dead room were laughing at the time. *Probably best to nip it in the bud though.

It was probably you, you fag, you dirty fag.

Haha, I'm like the anti-glitcher. *I'm the guy that would let people kill me when they got a torque sparkler on me in Gears 1. *I remember getting about 5000 sparklers on you and then just watching you keep on going like the dirty, low-down glitcher that you are at heart.

And also you are gay.

Bourbon
02-10-2009, 05:12 PM
I remember getting about 5000 sparklers on you and then just watching you keep on going like the dirty, low-down glitcher that you are at heart.Ha! You're as crazy as you are gay. I'll have you know, Sir, that due to my lost packets from my ISP that I was not aware of any sparking torque arrow that MAY have been stuck in my side.....if I'm to believe you and your accusations. Any time I DID know about one, I stood up and took my medicine like you CLAIM you did. I can't help it that my ISP makes me look like a sorry ass glitcher simply because I'm not getting all the information. I'm an angel.

BoomerBrian
02-10-2009, 05:13 PM
For one thing, let's be realistic......how many people read forum rules when they join?

LOL. No kidding. We still let fan boys post.

<span class="Normal" id="dnn_ctr401_HtmlModule_HtmlHolder">-No fanboys allowed. That means, no derogatory
sub-par. So, don't say it.>

vcize
02-10-2009, 05:14 PM
I remember getting about 5000 sparklers on you and then just watching you keep on going like the dirty, low-down glitcher that you are at heart.Ha!* You're as crazy as you are gay.* I'll have you know, Sir, that due to my lost packets from my ISP that I was not aware of any sparking torque arrow that MAY have been stuck in my side.....if I'm to believe you and your accusations.* Any time I DID know about one, I stood up and took my medicine like you CLAIM you did.* I can't help it that my ISP makes me look like a sorry ass glitcher simply because I'm not getting all the information.* I'm an angel.

Hah, packet loss! *Everyone knows that's not packet loss, that's your lagswitch backfiring because you can't figure out how to work it.

bafroom
02-10-2009, 05:15 PM
I was in the dead room observing the person when this happened. They weren't using it in a malicious way or anything, they weren't like using it as a way to sneak up on someone in the spawn or anything like that. I think they were just trying to put on a show for the people in the dead room (they were the last one alive on the team). Most of the people in the dead room were laughing at the time. Probably best to nip it in the bud though.

sounds like the person it happened to was not amused.

Bourbon
02-10-2009, 05:16 PM
Everyone knows that's not packet loss, that's your lagswitch backfiring because you can't figure out how to work it.

Pwned. That was a good one.

bafroom
02-10-2009, 05:16 PM
I don't think anyone ever did the cover glitch or the weapon slide glitch in Gears 1 intentionally. The cover glitch in particular I don't think you even could. Didn't it happen when you got shot during the animation of going into cover?

i'm assuming you're being sarcastic.

BoomerBrian
02-10-2009, 05:19 PM
I don't think anyone ever did the cover glitch or the weapon slide glitch in Gears 1 intentionally. The cover glitch in particular I don't think you even could. Didn't it happen when you got shot during the animation of going into cover?

There were people at AGE that did the weapon slide and wall bouncing on purpose. The cover glitch was just an accident for the most part. Just happened to be sliding into cover when getting stuck by a torque. Not much you can do there.

Bourbon
02-10-2009, 05:19 PM
For one thing, let's be realistic......how many people read forum rules when they join?

LOL. No kidding. We still let fan boys post.

<span class="Normal" id="dnn_ctr401_HtmlModule_HtmlHolder">-No fanboys allowed. That means, no derogatory
sub-par. So, don't say it.>

[ro]

bafroom
02-10-2009, 05:20 PM
I remember getting about 5000 sparklers on you and then just watching you keep on going like the dirty, low-down glitcher that you are at heart.Ha! You're as crazy as you are gay. I'll have you know, Sir, that due to my lost packets from my ISP that I was not aware of any sparking torque arrow that MAY have been stuck in my side.....if I'm to believe you and your accusations. Any time I DID know about one, I stood up and took my medicine like you CLAIM you did. I can't help it that my ISP makes me look like a sorry ass glitcher simply because I'm not getting all the information. I'm an angel.

believe it or not, you (bourbon) were the person i was referring to in my post about about somebody doing it accidentally and then standing there to be killed.

who knew they had gay angels.

Bourbon
02-10-2009, 05:21 PM

There were people at AGE that did the weapon slide and wall bouncing on purpose. The cover glitch was just an accident for the most part. Just happened to be sliding into cover when getting stuck by a torque. Not much you can do there.

Boomer, I find it ironic that you're explaining the torque cover glitch, since I know you were clearly the master at it.[ro]

Bourbon
02-10-2009, 05:22 PM

believe it or not, you (bourbon) were the person i was referring to in my post about about somebody doing it accidentally and then standing there to be killed.

who knew they had gay angels.

[A]

treek22
02-10-2009, 05:53 PM
Is this the *new* LUT? [;)]

AJ in HD
02-10-2009, 05:56 PM
Is this the *new* LUT? /emoticons/emotion-5.gif

trying to find some other more "legit" way to up your postcount? [bx]

btcs41
02-10-2009, 05:56 PM
Is this the *new* LUT? http://adultgamingenthusiasts.com/emoticons/emotion-5.gif

seriously. *two gears LUTs. *Irunn would be proud!

treek22
02-10-2009, 05:59 PM
trying to find some other more "legit" way to up your postcount? http://adultgamingenthusiasts.com/emoticons/box.gif...if only I wasn't blocked at work! [*c] Nice original post though AJ. [Y]

cokebear
02-10-2009, 07:17 PM
OK OK I sounded like a dick. I sent AJ a PM apology and edited my post.

I withdraw any more comment on the subject.

BEAR NASTY
02-10-2009, 08:45 PM
And publicly stoned

I was referring to having them tied to a pole and pelted with rocks, i thinks this kind of punishment would ed all crime!

Downsideup
02-10-2009, 08:50 PM
What about corner sniping, yall fools know you abused that one. People corner sniped every day of the week in G1, that to me is the worst of them. It puts you in a position to gain a kill without ever exposing yourself to any harm at all. It was a HUGE tactical advantage and people let that crap fly like it was the norm. I used to weapon slide on canals if I spawned in the back row, cause I figured, hey not my fault I'm getting to the sniper later than the other guy that's game design, and not half as bad as all the corner snipers in this place. People would be shooting through walls all night, people would even give compliments like "nice shot" after a headshot that was gotten from corner sniping.

TheHostileDwarf
02-10-2009, 09:22 PM
I love reading threads that devolve into Gears lingo because I never have any idea what the hell anyone is talking about - especially when it comes to any type of glitch.

Lesson being that I should probably pop in Gears more often. [:D]

AJ in HD
02-10-2009, 09:30 PM
I love reading threads that devolve into Gears lingo because I never have any idea what the hell anyone is talking about - especially when it comes to any type of glitch.

Lesson being that I should probably pop in Gears more often. /emoticons/emotion-2.gif

lol...

First, there is an AGE to Gears Dictionary (/forums/t/22741.aspx)...read it, learn it, love it!

Second, what more do you expect from a thread having to do with Gears? lol

Third, YES....POP IN GEARS MORE OFTEN!!!!!

bafroom
02-10-2009, 09:36 PM
^^^^^^^bahahahahahahahahaha....cabbage!

Killbot2600
02-11-2009, 12:35 AM

I was in the room too, and Vcize is right (I can't believe I just typed that....) The guy who did it was just messing around, and only did it once as far as I know. No harm no fowl. Though he (or she)did escape a horrific death by their dirty ways so we should probably just chalk it up to fear induced behavior[:P].

btcs41
02-11-2009, 04:37 AM
**I used to weapon slide on canals if I spawned in the back row, cause I figured, hey not my fault I'm getting to the sniper later than the other guy that's game design

What if the other teams sniper was the in the last row or they were going to switch it up? *You are admitting to using a glitch because of the games design? *Hell, then we all should have been crabwalking if we werent 1st in line to the weapons!

AJ in HD
02-11-2009, 05:40 AM
I used to weapon slide on canals if I spawned in the back row, cause I figured, hey not my fault I'm getting to the sniper later than the other guy that's game design

glitching in an AGE gears room = FAIL. use any excuse you want.

HolyVVater
02-11-2009, 06:22 AM
What about corner sniping, yall fools know you abused that one.* People corner sniped every day of the week in G1, that to me is the worst of them.* It puts you in a position to gain a kill without ever exposing yourself to any harm at all.* It was a HUGE tactical advantage and people let that crap fly like it was the norm.* I used to weapon slide on canals if I spawned in the back row, cause I figured, hey not my fault I'm getting to the sniper later than the other guy that's game design, and not half as bad as all the corner snipers in this place.* People would be shooting through walls all night, people would even give compliments like "nice shot" after a headshot that was gotten from corner sniping.

you did a lot of weapon sliding especially when you first started playing with us. I called you out on it and you got butt hurt one day. I will never forget popping your head while you where weapon sliding the sniper on canals. you can't justify cheating someone is always going to start in the back. a tactic in gears is to just hang around make them think you are going to pick it up that keeps them useless if they ignore you or shoot then you pick it up. corner sniping wasn't a "huge" problem, I don't think there where many ppl that knew the spots or realized there head or body wasn't exposed. they where just trying to be "mostly" in cover.

virtual-human
02-11-2009, 06:55 AM
YES - there was a LOT of confusion here between actual glitching with the sniper and just shaving corners.

Also, weapon sliding always sucks. Not cool. It used to particularly piss me off on Canals as well. I would tell people to knock it off when I saw it.

WideNine
02-11-2009, 07:14 AM
Unfortunately corner sniping comes natural to those starting out. I try my damndest not to corner snipe after learning about it. Last night on River I was getting corner shaved, but didn't really mind because the other person wasn't a crack pipe afficianado. Instead of going head to head with that I just moved on to a different target.

Now if that happened with folks such as HW, Virtual, or myself, then by all means call it out. Not much excuse for it for seasoned players.

Bourbon
02-11-2009, 07:19 AM
I didn't even know about corner sniping. Still not sure I get it. Just as well, I guess. If someone catches me doing it, tell me. I've sort of taking to shaving in Gears 2.

virtual-human
02-11-2009, 07:26 AM
Bourbon, there are glitches where on some corners if, rather than scoping in on a clear line of sight, you look at the wall and scope in which pushes your gun throught the wall and makes you unhittable and your body not visible to the other guy. It gets confused with snipers strafing behind a wall and just barely poking out for a shot, which is all fucking skill. [gl]

fordhamSteve
02-11-2009, 07:29 AM
Is corner sniping that much of a glitch? I would consider it more of an un-ethical move rather than a glitch, unless I am just misunderstanding the depth of the technique (and due to my lack of any real skill I am probably not even qualified to step into this conversation). I really don't care either way. I am not playing this game to be the best in the world, just to have fun. I like to win and be competitive as much as the next player but in the grand scheme of things there are much more important things for me to be upset about than what someone is pulling in a friendly gears match. If I want to be upset and throw my controller I will just go and play a public match.

Ballsjaken
02-11-2009, 07:29 AM
Bourbon, there are glitches where on some corners if, rather than scoping in on a clear line of sight, you look at the wall and scope in which pushes your gun throught the wall and makes you unhittable and your body not visible to the other guy.

sounds to me if you're doing that, you know you're glitching.

virtual-human
02-11-2009, 07:34 AM
Is corner sniping that much of a glitch? I would consider it more of an un-ethical move rather than a glitch, unless I am just misunderstanding the depth of the technique (and due to my lack of any real skill I am probably not even qualified to step into this conversation). I really don't care either way. I am not playing this game to be the best in the world, just to have fun. I like to win and be competitive as much as the next player but in the grand scheme of things there are much more important things for me to be upset about than what someone is pulling in a friendly gears match. If I want to be upset and throw my controller I will just go and play a public match.

Yes, it's a glitch. Like Wide said, a lot of nubs do it without realizing it, because from your side, everything can look pretty normal. But from the other guy's side it is totally wrong. I don't get angry when I see it because it can happen more innocently than weapon sliding or crabwalking or whatever.

Bourbon,
there are glitches where on some corners if, rather than scoping in on
a clear line of sight, you look at the wall and scope in which pushes
your gun throught the wall and makes you unhittable and your body not
visible to the other guy.

sounds to me if you're doing that, you know you're glitching.

Like I said above, it looks worse to the other guy than it does to the one doing it, and like Wide said, a lot of nubs wander into it. But it is definitely a glitch. If you stop and take a second, you can notice that your gun is pointed at a wall and not around the edge of the corner before you scope in.

fordhamSteve
02-11-2009, 07:39 AM
Yes, it's a glitch. Like Wide said, a lot of nubs do it without realizing it, because from your side, everything can look pretty normal. But from the other guy's side it is totally wrong. I don't get angry when I see it because it can happen more innocently than weapon sliding or crabwalking or whatever.

Your explaination in a previous post (scoping through a wall) would indeed make it a glitch. I was thinking of just the practice of slowly moving, while scoped, around a corner without being in cover to line up a shot. As it turns out I was correct, I was not qualified to weigh in on the conversation. I wasn't even aware that you could do that.

bafroom
02-11-2009, 07:44 AM

Your explanation in a previous post (scoping through a wall) would indeed make it a glitch. I was thinking of just the practice of slowly moving, while scoped, around a corner without being in cover to line up a shot. As it turns out I was correct, I was not qualified to weigh in on the conversation. I wasn't even aware that you could do that.

man, i play all of the time, and i didn't even know you could do that! i guess i never pick that weapon up, so that may have something to do with it.

still, if you're cheating/glitching, and you know it, find another way to be amusing. the wall hump, or group hump is good...safety dance anyone?

Bourbon
02-11-2009, 07:45 AM
Is corner sniping something that's done a lot at the bottom of the stairs on Canals, by any chance? You know, the stairs you come back down after you grab snipe?

I've gotten popped so many times (when I knew the other sniper was standing over there), then tried to express to my teammates that no one was there in sight. Was I being corner shaved?

virtual-human
02-11-2009, 07:46 AM

Your explaination in a previous post (scoping through a wall) would indeed make it a glitch. I was thinking of just the practice of slowly moving, while scoped, around a corner without being in cover to line up a shot. As it turns out I was correct, I was not qualified to weigh in on the conversation. I wasn't even aware that you could do that.

[y] No worries. And I hope I didn't come across as abrasive: As I said before, there is a lot of confusion over exactly this. I think a lot of folks sometimes they're getting glitched when Widenub or some other practiced sniper strafes out just enough to pull off a good shot.

virtual-human
02-11-2009, 07:55 AM
Is corner sniping something that's done a lot at the bottom of the stairs on Canals, by any chance? You know, the stairs you come back down after you grab snipe?

I've gotten popped so many times (when I knew the other sniper was standing over there), then tried to express to my teammates that no one was there in sight. Was I being corner shaved?

I think you can there Bourbon, but I'm actually a bad person to ask about this. I found out about what it actually was relatively late for a guy who likes the snipe a lot, and I'm usually too busy having fun, or too clueless, or something... to catalog this shit. One thing is for sure, though: You've gotta be careful attributing good snipes to this, because if a good sniper does it right, it can be hard to tell. I have had shitloads of totally legitimate battles with Wide and many others at that location and elsewhere where I could barely see them but one pixel of their skull when I lost my head.

btcs41
02-11-2009, 07:56 AM
Yeah so I guess I was the dummy zooming in and turning the corner while the guy dressed as a column took my head off!

cdub998
02-11-2009, 07:57 AM
What about corner sniping, yall fools know you abused that one. People corner sniped every day of the week in G1, that to me is the worst of them. It puts you in a position to gain a kill without ever exposing yourself to any harm at all. It was a HUGE tactical advantage and people let that crap fly like it was the norm. I used to weapon slide on canals if I spawned in the back row, cause I figured, hey not my fault I'm getting to the sniper later than the other guy that's game design, and not half as bad as all the corner snipers in this place. People would be shooting through walls all night, people would even give compliments like "nice shot" after a headshot that was gotten from corner sniping.

EDIT: I just saw what corner sniping is. I thought you were just talking angles. But in all my time playing gears I never saw anyone do this.

cdub998
02-11-2009, 08:03 AM
I also want to add a comment on the glitching.

If you are playing in my room and are caught glitching intentionally we will call you out first. If it happens again you can expect to be gone and not ever get another invite to my room.

rakswp
02-11-2009, 08:11 AM

I was in the room too, and Vcize is right (I can't believe I just typed that....) The guy who did it was just messing around, and only did it once as far as I know. No harm no fowl. Though he (or she)did escape a horrific death by their dirty ways so we should probably just chalk it up to fear induced behaviorhttp://adultgamingenthusiasts.com/emoticons/emotion-4.gif.

I'm not sure why this has become such a big deal. We were playing Pavillion, and I shield glitchedfor fun, as vcize and killsuck mentioned. People that weren't even there, and don't know the situation are getting their panties in a bunch over this?

come on, man....come on..

cdub998
02-11-2009, 08:17 AM

I was in the room too, and Vcize is right (I can't believe I just typed that....) The guy who did it was just messing around, and only did it once as far as I know. No harm no fowl. Though he (or she)did escape a horrific death by their dirty ways so we should probably just chalk it up to fear induced behavior/emoticons/emotion-4.gif.

I'm not sure why this has become such a big deal. We were playing Pavillion, and I shield glitchedfor fun, as vcize and killsuck mentioned. People that weren't even there, and don't know the situation are getting their panties in a bunch over this?

Ohh well no problem then. you are already permabanned from my rooms anyway. [:P]

virtual-human
02-11-2009, 08:21 AM
I'd just like to point out that this is a good example of why it is always good practice when you have an issue, to start by civilly speaking directly to the party you have the issue with, or to ask a mod or admin for assistance if for whatever reason you are uncomfortable doing so...

In other news, Gears is still glitchy...

bafroom
02-11-2009, 08:29 AM

I was in the room too, and Vcize is right (I can't believe I just typed that....) The guy who did it was just messing around, and only did it once as far as I know. No harm no fowl. Though he (or she)did escape a horrific death by their dirty ways so we should probably just chalk it up to fear induced behaviorhttp://adultgamingenthusiasts.com/emoticons/emotion-4.gif.

i don't think it was ever meant to be made into a huge deal, but i'm guessing that the person you did it to a. wasn't in on the joke, and b. wasn't amused. if they knew it was going on, and thought it was amusing, that's another story.

rakswp
02-11-2009, 08:33 AM
i don't think it was ever meant to be made into a huge deal, but i'm guessing that the person you did it to a. wasn't in on the joke, and b. wasn't amused. if they knew it was going on, and thought it was amusing, that's another story.

oh, bathroom...the two people that got glitched were killsuck and furrypan, iirc. Both were amused, and somebody else in the room likely mentioned thisin passing in another room -- obviously this started circulating and people started thinking that something malicious happened.

Killbot2600
02-11-2009, 08:39 AM

The person he did it to just likes to hold it over Rak's head[6]. I'd chalk thisthread up to to things, first off a general discussion of what is and is not cheating etc. Secondly, with all the new people playing some people may be doing things, not as a joke, but as part of their play style and that would not be A-OK.

pcramrod
02-11-2009, 08:42 AM

I was in the room as well, and everyone seemed to be laughing it off at the time. I'll agree with Virtual's post that this probably should've been addressed in the room at the time it happened. All of us do some pretty jackass stuff to each other sometimes, though it's just messing around. I'm referring to team-killing, kill-stealing, smoke-tagging, humping, etc. Most of us that play Gears are pretty familiar with each other by now, and from my impression, most of us prefer a good laugh to winning at all costs. Rak was just screwing around, not trying to gain a competitive advantage. If it bothered somebody, that's well within their right, but this thread is getting ridiculous.

AJ in HD

oh, bathroom...the two people that got glitched were killsuck and furrypan, iirc. Both were amused, and somebody else in the room likely mentioned thisin passing in another room -- obviously this started circulating and people started thinking that something malicious happened.

this must not be the same situation...because only 1 person was left holed up in the Pavillion spawn, not two.

rakswp
trust me, I checked who was left before I glitched :)

bafroom
02-11-2009, 08:44 AM

this must not be the same situation...because only 1 person was left holed up in the Pavillion spawn, not two.

that's what i meant, it does sound like we are all talking about two different incidents.

AJ in HD
02-11-2009, 08:47 AM
All of us do some pretty jackass stuff to each other sometimes, though it's just messing around. I'm referring to team-killing, kill-stealing, smoke-tagging, humping, etc. Most of us that play Gears are pretty familiar with each other by now, and from my impression, most of us prefer a good laugh to winning at all costs.

I agree 100% with this.

We are a rough and tumble group...but it is clear that not everyone is a rough and tumble sort of person. I've been gaming with many of you nubs for years and I would laugh it off because I know where the intent comes from...

But with newer members or newer Gears players I think we are less aware of where the lines are for good behavior. Plus it's more difficult for them to gauge our intent as well...did they glitch on purpose? for shits and giggles? at my expense? Well some don't like being the butt of the joke, unless that person is Codog.

I don't think it's too much to bring it to people's attention that we play with a lot of new and different personalities...subjecting those to our old ways is a gradual process. That's pretty much all I'm trying to say here.

PerfecShawn4675
02-11-2009, 08:52 AM
Spot on, AJ

CO D0G
02-11-2009, 08:53 AM
Well some don't like being the butt of the joke, unless that person is Codog.

stop lookin' at my butt, aj....

PerfecShawn4675
02-11-2009, 08:55 AM
Co- I got this site I need to send to you.

CO D0G
02-11-2009, 08:56 AM
Co- I got this site I need to send to you.

don't even try it shawn. fool me once.....well shame on you, you f'n homo! [+o(][6][:P]

PerfecShawn4675
02-11-2009, 09:00 AM
You know you loved it!

vcize
02-11-2009, 09:21 AM
Is corner sniping something that's done a lot at the bottom of the stairs on Canals, by any chance?* You know, the stairs you come back down after you grab snipe?

I've gotten popped so many times (when I knew the other sniper was standing over there), then tried to express to my teammates that no one was there in sight.* Was I being corner shaved?

I don't think that's the glitch people are talking about Bourbon, but maybe a sniper can clear it up. *The only place I ever saw people doing it was sometimes on Bullet Marsh I'd see the barrel of a sniper rifle poking through a tree at us.

On Canals, you can just peak around the corner on one of the sides (the one where the stairs are on your right when you pick the sniper rifle up) and you're barely exposed since you hold the gun in your right hand, but you're still looking around the corner whether you're zoomed in or not. *I would think that if you did the glitch there the way Virtual described it (so you're starting at a wall when zoomed out) you'd have to stand at such an angle that you'd just be looking at the wall to your right if you did it, not aimed down that long hallway like you are if you're just peaking out.

DGpenguin
02-11-2009, 09:22 AM
All of us do some pretty jackass stuff to each other sometimes, though it's just messing around. I'm referring to team-killing, kill-stealing, smoke-tagging, humping, etc. Most of us that play Gears are pretty familiar with each other by now, and from my impression, most of us prefer a good laugh to winning at all costs.

I agree 100% with this.

We are a rough and tumble group...but it is clear that not everyone is a rough and tumble sort of person. I've been gaming with many of you nubs for years and I would laugh it off because I know where the intent comes from...

But with newer members or newer Gears players I think we are less aware of where the lines are for good behavior. Plus it's more difficult for them to gauge our intent as well...did they glitch on purpose? for shits and giggles? at my expense? Well some don't like being the butt of the joke, unless that person is Codog.

I don't think it's too much to bring it to people's attention that we play with a lot of new and different personalities...subjecting those to our old ways is a gradual process. That's pretty much all I'm trying to say here.

I'd have to agree with this as well. I think that many of us - no matter what our favorite game is - forget that we'll have someone in the room that may not be as familiar with our eccentricities. I've played enough Halo with AJ to know that the teabagging I take from him is fun and games. But as I'm still relatively new to the GOW crowd, I would haveno idea about the quirks of some of y'all.

The rooms I've played MP in (and thanks to any of you I've played with or that have invited me) with AGE folks have generally been courteous and respectful to a nub like me. Since there is such a robust GOW community here - it IS a bit intimidating to go into a room with so many of you that are good at playing and intuitively knowing the game. I would imagine if someone decided to play Halo with the AGE regulars that had not played the game before would be of the same feeling as I am. I still have a lot of trepidation about joining a GOW AGE room, simply because of my skill level - but I always appreciate the invites - and subsequent emotional and physical abuse of my gibbed corpse. [:P]

That being said - I think that AJ is right....it is a process. At the end of the day - we're all trying to have a good time in our own way, whether we're casual players, hardcore, or simply nubs trying to hang out with a community of people who came here for similar reasons. And while hosts shouldn't have to be babysitters, I always try to gauge the pulse of the room when I host, figure out who the 'regulars' are and who the 'nubs' are...and make them feel welcome - but also warn them about what they're getting into. A simple "we're playing some really goofy customs" or "watch out for AJ, his testes are itching for a good face plant"...would likely go a LONG way to easing any butt hurting moments - and would probably help us all remember that we are a strong group that wants new members to have the same thing we all got when we joined here:

A really coolhaven to team up against the annoyances of the GP, and to make new connections.

vcize
02-11-2009, 09:22 AM
i don't think it was ever meant to be made into a huge deal, but i'm guessing that the person you did it to a. wasn't in on the joke, and b. wasn't amused. if they knew it was going on, and thought it was amusing, that's another story.*

oh, bathroom...the two people that got glitched were killsuck and furrypan, iirc.* Both were amused, and somebody else in the room likely mentioned this*in passing in another room -- obviously this started circulating and people started thinking that something malicious happened.

Yeah, sounds like a different situation, because when Rak did it there was no one holed up in the spawn or anything, they were all running around outside.

bafroom
02-11-2009, 09:26 AM

Yeah, sounds like a different situation, because when Rak did it there was no one holed up in the spawn or anything, they were all running around outside.

in the other situation, the last person was holed up in spawn, against multiple people, and somebody glitched thru the back door (avoiding the grenades at the front door) and came up behind them and killed them. this is what i was referring to as wrong.

quicksilver1663
02-11-2009, 09:32 AM
Wow I was correct...

RAK=Glitcher

Dirty Dirty Nub

pcramrod
02-11-2009, 09:58 AM
in the other situation, the last person was holed up in spawn, against multiple people, and somebody glitched thru the back door (avoiding the grenades at the front door) and came up behind them and killed them. this is what i was referring to as wrong.

Yeah... that's pretty shitty.

Bourbon
02-11-2009, 10:03 AM
I'm sorry, and maybe I'm alone in my viewpoint on this, but why would you ever take the time and learn to do the glitches in the first place? It's clearly cheating no matter what, so why even research them? If I'm glitched against in Gears, I'll go ahead and tell you that I won't think it's very amusing.

Maybe this is the goody-goody two shoes way to look at it, but if you don't know how to do them, you can't use them.

pcramrod
02-11-2009, 10:14 AM
I'm sorry, and maybe I'm alone in my viewpoint on this, but why would you ever take the time and learn to do the glitches in the first place? It's clearly cheating no matter what, so why even research them? If I'm glitched against in Gears, I'll go ahead and tell you that I won't think it's very amusing.

Maybe this is the goody-goody two shoes way to look at it, but if you don't know how to do them, you can't use them.

1. It doesn't take much to know how to do them. I've never done any of the GOW2 glitches, but I'm pretty sure I can just from hearing people talk about them.

2. In a GP room, the only way to combat a dirty glitcher is to glitch. On Mansion, when people would jump off of the map, your only choice at that point is to wait until the round ends, or glitch as well and chase them.

WideNine
02-11-2009, 10:25 AM
I don't think that's the glitch people are talking about Bourbon, but maybe a sniper can clear it up. The only place I ever saw people doing it was sometimes on Bullet Marsh I'd see the barrel of a sniper rifle poking through a tree at us.

Yeah, to throw gasoline on the fire there are 2 levels of corner shaving. The full-out scope through a wall, and the gray area hugging a corner and inching to get a shot. Often times the second scenario turns out like the first...if you are on the receiving end all you will see is the gun and no head. As soon as this happens it is usually too late as your head will pop off. It doesn't matter that you are scoped in right at that area ready to fire, You usually notice this the most on River if you duke it out with the guy across at the other barn.

Bullet Marsh was notorious for the light pole depending on which side you spawned on.

Bourbon
02-11-2009, 10:42 AM

1. It doesn't take much to know how to do them. I've never done any of the GOW2 glitches, but I'm pretty sure I can just from hearing people talk about them.

2. In a GP room, the only way to combat a dirty glitcher is to glitch. On Mansion, when people would jump off of the map, your only choice at that point is to wait until the round ends, or glitch as well and chase them.

1. I play as much Gears as the next fool, and I have no idea how to do them. Different crowd, maybe.

2. I wouldn't glitch against the GP either. Myview on cheating doesn't waver depending on who it's against.

AJ in HD
02-11-2009, 10:43 AM
just swap out the snipe! [bx]

BoomerBrian
02-11-2009, 11:14 AM
Rak - You nub. That is why I use a washer. Nobody but me knows I am cheating.[:P]

As far as corner sniping never even knew it existed. Is it possible to corner glitch on accident by straffing? I know on Bullet Marsh I would zoom in when I was behind the tree and strafe over until my scope cleared the tree.

fooburger
02-11-2009, 11:21 AM

What's the problem here???

Everybody knowsRaks a glitcher!

Old news people!

cdub998
02-11-2009, 11:22 AM
I don't think that's the glitch people are talking about Bourbon, but maybe a sniper can clear it up. The only place I ever saw people doing it was sometimes on Bullet Marsh I'd see the barrel of a sniper rifle poking through a tree at us.

Yeah, to throw gasoline on the fire there are 2 levels of corner shaving. The full-out scope through a wall, and the gray area hugging a corner and inching to get a shot. Often times the second scenario turns out like the first...if you are on the receiving end all you will see is the gun and no head. As soon as this happens it is usually too late as your head will pop off. It doesn't matter that you are scoped in right at that area ready to fire, You usually notice this the most on River if you duke it out with the guy across at the other barn.

Bullet Marsh was notorious for the light pole depending on which side you spawned on.

If its the spot i think on river its not glitching. If you look from snip spawn to snipe spawn there is a post that comes up in front of the torn out part. you can get a good angle without showing your body at all.

bafroom
02-11-2009, 11:24 AM

Old news people!

it wasn't rak, so it seems.

fooburger
02-11-2009, 11:36 AM

^^^^^ Yo Wide, you charging for the glitch lessons? ^^^^

Nilus
02-11-2009, 11:36 AM
I don't speak Gears. What the heck is weapon sliding?

cdub998
02-11-2009, 11:42 AM
I don't speak Gears. What the heck is weapon sliding?

Is supposedly fixed but you can slide into cover and pick up a weapon at the same time.

fooburger
02-11-2009, 11:46 AM

Old news people!

it wasn't rak, so it seems.

He got away with it this time!

So Rak told everybody he glitched for nothing? It wasn't even him?

WideNine
02-11-2009, 11:47 AM
^^^^^ Yo Wide, you charging for the glitch lessons? ^^^^

Yes, $3 dollars and a random whore will cover it.

WideNine
02-11-2009, 12:03 PM
If its the spot i think on river its not glitching. If you look from snip spawn to snipe spawn there is a post that comes up in front of the torn out part. you can get a good angle without showing your body at all.

Probably the same area...I dunno, I guess my thought on that is if I take cover on that post, "lean" around and do a scope at the opposite side..I would be at a disadvantage compared with someone standing up against up the post, zoomed in, and inching past to clear the post in their sight and getting the shot. This situation is on top of me sitting there, zoomed in, awaiting for the reticule to turn red to fire. Head would be off before that would ever happen.

This is turning into something pedantic, but is fun to talk about.

I'm not trying to make everyone paranoid on this, or ask themselves "holy shit, was I glitching for 2 years" type of thing. Like I said earlier, it is almost natural. Hell you zoom in and move around. How is this really anyone's fault? This ain't hitting 15 buttons while there is a full moon and hitting a lag switch with your dick moment at the same time.

Bourbon
02-11-2009, 12:06 PM
I don't think that's the glitch people are talking about Bourbon, but maybe a sniper can clear it up.

Yeah, to throw gasoline on the fire.......

Wait, why did Wide answer? I thought we were looking for a sniper to clear up the issue.

bafroom
02-11-2009, 12:15 PM
check this shit out, i found the dirty oposite of our forums.

dirty gp bitches (http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/gow2-boosting-and-matches/)

WideNine
02-11-2009, 12:18 PM
Wait, why did Wide answer? I thought we were looking for a sniper to clear up the issue.

I can see why you get confused. Let me clear it up:

Me + longshot + scope = sniper.

You + urologist + scope = Doctor that can't find your manhood.

quicksilver1663
02-11-2009, 12:18 PM
I hacked their membership database...found a username...

RAK

Something is fishy here.

Bourbon
02-11-2009, 12:21 PM

I can see why you get confused. Let me clear it up:

Me + longshot + scope = sniper.

You + urologist + scope = Doctor that can't find your manhood.

You + Dentist + scope = Doctor that found my manhood.

WideNine
02-11-2009, 12:21 PM

That is freaking pathetic.

Oh well registered, 2.0 K/D ratio here I come!

WideNine
02-11-2009, 12:22 PM
I hacked their membership database...found a username...

RAK

Something is fishy here.

Password: munds

WideNine
02-11-2009, 12:23 PM
You + Dentist + scope = Doctor that found my manhood.

Nothing some dental floss can't remove.

God help us both if we end up on the same tournament team.

bafroom
02-11-2009, 12:24 PM

That is freaking pathetic.

Oh well registered, 2.0 K/D ratio here I come!

if you guys see me playing w/ a new group of people, it's nothing...i just really, REALLY, want some gold bars by my name.

Bourbon
02-11-2009, 12:27 PM
God help us both if we end up on the same tournament team.

What do you mean "us"? Hell, I actually want to win. Not sure what your plans are...

* You know we'd kick ass on the same team, as long as you keep glitching away with the sniper.

HolyVVater
02-11-2009, 12:41 PM
wow Bedroom Thief bridges all his matches.. lol no wonder he is #1 in execution.

kelsoe
02-11-2009, 12:45 PM
noob here..

what is bridging?

what is host quit?

i think i understand legit.

thanks for th einfo, just curious.

bafroom
02-11-2009, 12:46 PM
noob here..

what is bridging?

what is host quit?

no clue

HolyVVater
02-11-2009, 12:56 PM
noob here..

what is bridging?

what is host quit?

bridging is where you make a point to point connection with everyone in your team then you run a program on your gaming during the match making processes to force yourself to host. its nuts. i never knew that i just looked it up.

bafroom
02-11-2009, 01:01 PM
noob here..

what is bridging?

what is host quit?

bridging is where you make a point to point connection with everyone in your team then you run a program on your gaming during the match making processes to force yourself to host. its nuts. i never knew that i just looked it up.

lotta work for a friggin video game...

WideNine
02-11-2009, 01:02 PM

Yeah, happens in wingman a lot. Never experienced it but have read plenty on the 3 person wingman team.

HolyVVater
02-11-2009, 01:03 PM
noob here..

what is bridging?

what is host quit?

lotta work for a friggin video game...

i have bridge before and didn't know it..sorta. i played a lan game back before GOW2 came out with a friend that was on the same ISP as me. i guess its totally different but its the same concept.

kelsoe
02-11-2009, 01:43 PM
and bridging does what exactly? is it some form of cheating/glitching?

what is 'host quit' ?

that site looked like a thieves den.

Bourbon
02-11-2009, 01:47 PM
Bridging is a way to force your connection to be chosen as host. "Host Quit" as far as I know, is exactly what it says. The host quit the game, meaning the match was null and void. At least that's all I can think of by "host quit". If there's some other meaning, I'm sure one of these glitchers will correct me.

EDIT: I looked at that link, and I have no idea what they mean by Host quit. Obviously something else.

Downsideup
02-11-2009, 03:05 PM
First, lol at people singling me out as a weapon slider just cause I was willing to admit I used to do it, when I never even did it in a gears room until I saw other people doing it. Not to mention I still see people do it, or try to do it now. Just this weekend I was playing on canals and I got the sniper way before the other person spent a good minute trying to weapon slide to pick up the snipe before they finally just walked away never to pick it up. Personally I don't keep track of the people who are doing these things, cause I really don't care. Though I find it funny that people single me out for it, simply because I'm the only one that has been willing to admit that they use to do it.

Second, to Holywater I agree I shouldn't of been doing it, and you did in fact call me out on it. Though to be honest about the situation the reason I reacted adversely to the criticism was cause you went from 0-100 on the occasion. I remember the time clearly, I did it and you yelled at me with some string of obscenity about how I better not do it again. Had you been less hostile I probably would of responded much better, either way I agree I shouldn't of done it and was in the wrong.

As far as corner sniping I still don't understand so many plees of ignorance on the subject seeing as there would be times that after a match that I was corner sniped I would say something to the person like "Do you really have to corner snipe me to get the kill". Usually it was met with no response. I don't want to name names for the sake of singling people out cause it's stupid and I know whoever I name would just be a small portion of those that I could remember doing it.

Personally I don't get bothered by these things cause I've never seen them used in what I would consider a griefing mentality or egregious glitching. I agree people should just not do it though, but for all the actual minor glitching I have seen done intentionally I find it kinda sad that I am the only one that has said yes I have done a glitch on purpose before in this thread.

Downsideup
02-11-2009, 03:08 PM
Also as far as bridging is concerned in Halo 2, I remember if you started the matchmaking process and were the first person on the matchmaking list(none of the player boxes were yellow) than that meant like 95% of the time you would be host for the match.

I use to play with a group of people who would try and make sure we were always host, not because we wanted any sort of host based advantage, but because at higher levels of matchmaking a lot of people would take host for malicious(hacking) reasons, and totally wreck the game.

Bourbon
02-11-2009, 04:32 PM
To me, glitching means "The dirty GP". Plain and simple. It's not like getting killed by a P90 in CoD4. You'd eventually get that weapon, and it was obviously integrated into the game by the devs. A glitch is an exploit, not known by everyone. That means by exploiting it, you're gaining an advantage (no matter how significant) over your opponent by means not intended by the devs.

AGE members are above that. Some of us (I speak for only myself and a few others who I know I can) enjoy a fair, competitive battle where the best players come out on top by using teamwork and good decision making. There are many of us who come home from work, enjoy time with our families, and due to the nature of being seasoned family men (or women), have nothing we like to do more than to use our late night hours gaming with friends online. The last thing I want to see is someone cheating against me in my favorite pastime that doesn't involve my wife (naked) or my child (clothed).

Luckily, aside from a few instances I've witnessed myself, or the even fewer I've heard about, AGE doesn't really have a problem. But, I'm still glad that AJ made this thread. Contacting someone via PM is tactful and courteous, but I firmly believe that things of this nature should be brought out in the open from time to time, if for no other reason than to keep people aware of it. This is certainly a subject that could easily fall into the catagory of "out of sight, out of mind".

Now, in my honest opinion, this subject has gone on long enough to make everyone aware that glitching/cheating won't be tolerated in AGE game rooms. We're in dead horse territory now.

cdub998
02-11-2009, 05:24 PM
As far as corner sniping I still don't understand so many plees of ignorance on the subject seeing as there would be times that after a match that I was corner sniped I would say something to the person like "Do you really have to corner snipe me to get the kill". Usually it was met with no response. I don't want to name names for the sake of singling people out cause it's stupid and I know whoever I name would just be a small portion of those that I could remember doing it.

Thats probably because you really haven't been reading this thread. If you looked at most of the responses no one really knew what corner sniping truly was. Hell i didn't even know there was a corner sniping glitch. Whenever I or anyone I play with on a regular basis said corner sniping it meant "hey you were standing at a good angle and popped my head" not " you were glitching".

BoomerBrian
02-11-2009, 05:28 PM
If you looked at most of the responses no one really knew what corner sniping truly was. Hell i didn't even know there was a corner sniping glitch.

I think most are like me. I am a lot more in tune with the glitches in Gears 2 just because I have mainly been playing matchmaking so I am seeing the stuff. In Gears 1 I never played rank so I didn't know about most of the glitches. I never even knew about corner sniping until this thread. Most of the glitching I saw in private rooms were done by players from the other adult gaming site.

FrostyMelon
02-11-2009, 06:08 PM
I want to learn the glitch that allows my shotgun to shoot biscuits n' gravy...I like me some biscuits n' gravy!

HolyVVater
02-11-2009, 06:38 PM
First, lol at people singling me out as a weapon slider just cause I was willing to admit I used to do it, when I never even did it in a gears room until I saw other people doing it. Not to mention I still see people do it, or try to do it now. Just this weekend I was playing on canals and I got the sniper way before the other person spent a good minute trying to weapon slide to pick up the snipe before they finally just walked away never to pick it up. Personally I don't keep track of the people who are doing these things, cause I really don't care. Though I find it funny that people single me out for it, simply because I'm the only one that has been willing to admit that they use to do it.

Second, to Holywater I agree I shouldn't of been doing it, and you did in fact call me out on it. Though to be honest about the situation the reason I reacted adversely to the criticism was cause you went from 0-100 on the occasion. I remember the time clearly, I did it and you yelled at me with some string of obscenity about how I better not do it again. Had you been less hostile I probably would of responded much better, either way I agree I shouldn't of done it and was in the wrong.

Personally I don't get bothered by these things cause I've never seen them used in what I would consider a griefing mentality or egregious glitching. I agree people should just not do it though, but for all the actual minor glitching I have seen done intentionally I find it kinda sad that I am the only one that has said yes I have done a glitch on purpose before in this thread.

<DIV style="CLEAR: both"></DIV>

i went from 0-100 after the second time you did it and you tried to justify it. its cool though water under the bridge. i get testy i admit it. for the record I have probably in the top 5 most gears 1 games played with age. you are on the only one that ever weapon slid in a match and you did it a lot and there where talks about it when you where not in the room or in the dead room. thats why your name is braught up so much more. Again I think that was mostly when you where new to age gears. I dont remember it much in the ned and i havent seen you glitch at all in gow2. so we are all good.

AJ in HD
02-11-2009, 06:44 PM

i went from 0-100 after the second time you did it and you tried to justify it. its cool though water under the bridge. i get testy i admit it. for the record I have probably in the top 5 most gears 1 games played with age. you are on the only one that ever weapon slid in a match and you did it a lot and there where talks about it when you where not in the room or in the dead room. thats why your name is braught up so much more. Again I think that was mostly when you where new to age gears. I dont remember it much in the ned and i havent seen you glitch at all in gow2. so we are all good.

So no humble pie for Downside?

Downsideup
02-11-2009, 06:53 PM
Good to hear holy, all is good

ezyaxcion
02-12-2009, 12:19 PM
To me, glitching means "The dirty GP". Plain and simple. It's not like getting killed by a P90 in CoD4. You'd eventually get that weapon, and it was obviously integrated into the game by the devs. A glitch is an exploit, not known by everyone. That means by exploiting it, you're gaining an advantage (no matter how significant) over your opponent by means not intended by the devs.

AGE members are above that. Some of us (I speak for only myself and a few others who I know I can) enjoy a fair, competitive battle where the best players come out on top by using teamwork and good decision making. There are many of us who come home from work, enjoy time with our families, and due to the nature of being seasoned family men (or women), have nothing we like to do more than to use our late night hours gaming with friends online. The last thing I want to see is someone cheating against me in my favorite pastime that doesn't involve my wife (naked) or my child (clothed).

Luckily, aside from a few instances I've witnessed myself, or the even fewer I've heard about, AGE doesn't really have a problem. But, I'm still glad that AJ made this thread. Contacting someone via PM is tactful and courteous, but I firmly believe that things of this nature should be brought out in the open from time to time, if for no other reason than to keep people aware of it. This is certainly a subject that could easily fall into the catagory of "out of sight, out of mind".

Now, in my honest opinion, this subject has gone on long enough to make everyone aware that glitching/cheating won't be tolerated in AGE game rooms. We're in dead horse territory now.

Man Bourbon, I couldn't have said it better myself.[Y]

ThirdMartini
02-12-2009, 12:42 PM
nature of being seasoned family men (or women), have nothing we like to do more than to use our late night hours gaming with friends online. The last thing I want to see is someone cheating against me in my favorite pastime that doesn't involve my wife (naked) or my child (clothed).

Wait... are you saing that you would not mind if we were cheating against you as long as it involved your wife? *confused*