PDA

View Full Version : Gears of War 2 in OXM

VDub2174
07-23-2008, 04:32 PM
<P mce_keep="true">Did anyone see the August issue of OXM? There was a piece in there about GoW2 that I though was interesting.
<P mce_keep="true">http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i246/vdub741/GoW2.jpg
<P mce_keep="true">I have a totally insane theory about this. She's been missing since the Locust invasion right? Could she be a Locust or even their Queen?

made33
07-24-2008, 06:37 AM
<P mce_keep="true">Yea i read the article it was good the side by side graphics from the first one and second one are crazy gears was amazing looking this one looks so much better. You might be on to something with the Dom's wife thing if they come up with a good story it will make this game so much better.

BoomerBrian
07-24-2008, 06:40 AM
Good theory except the Queen has an English accent.

munds3
07-24-2008, 07:41 AM
<P mce_keep="true">

Ya, I'd expect Maria to have a latin accent. Still will be interesting to see more info on the queen, I think Tyne Turnerthe voice actress they used has a great dramatic voice.

Bourbon
07-24-2008, 09:38 AM
<P mce_keep="true">

But, what if the Locust's took her away for her latin beauty, but sent her to voice lessons because she didn't sound regal enough as their leader with a latin accent. Then, she re-emerged as a british drug lord who made her money pimping out sniper locusts and selling locust crack on the street corners of Sera. After this, she has cemented herself as a force to be reckoned with among the Horde, who then decide she must have been destined to lead them to victory after all. It makes sence to me.

Ender1986
07-24-2008, 09:41 AM

But, what if the Locust's took her away for her latin beauty, but sent her to voice lessons because she didn't sound regal enough as their leader with a latin accent. Then, she re-emerged as a british drug lord who made her money pimping out sniper locusts and selling locust crack on the street corners of Sera. After this, she has cemented herself as a force to be reckoned with among the Horde, who then decide she must have been destined to lead them to victory after all. It makes sence to me.

That is the smartest thing anybody has ever said about anything... ever.

vcize
07-24-2008, 10:54 AM

Uh, for fuck's sake dude, how about some spoiler tags?

Way to ruin that epic plot-twist for all of us.

Bourbon
07-24-2008, 10:57 AM
<P mce_keep="true">Yeah, sorry. I didn't mean to give away anything, I just got excited because I had insider information on the story line.

AJ in HD
07-24-2008, 11:05 AM
<P mce_keep="true">Honestly Dom didn't have any hint of a latin accent either so I don't know why we'd expect her too as well.
<P mce_keep="true">I was watching Harry Potter Goblet of Fire last night and listening to an asian girl speak with a Scottish accent was very bizzare to me at first. Point being...it's quite possible for any person to speak with whatever accent they happen to grow up around, despite their ethnic makeup.
<P mce_keep="true">I have a latin background, but most people do not think that I have any accent and on live people just assume that I'm white.

BoomerBrian
07-24-2008, 11:08 AM
Honestly Dom didn't have any hint of a latin accent either so I don't know why we'd expect her too as well.

I was watching Harry Potter Goblet of Fire last night and listening to an asian girl speak with a Scottish accent was very bizzare to me at first. Point being...it's quite possible for any person to speak with whatever accent they happen to grow up around, despite their ethnic makeup.

I have a latin background, but most people do not think that I have any accent and on live people just assume that I'm white.

Yeah...I guess it would be crazy to assume GOW was going to sterotype a character based on ethnicity. cough**Coletrain**cough.

Bourbon
07-24-2008, 11:13 AM
<P mce_keep="true">

Honestly Dom didn't have any hint of a latin accent either so I don't know why we'd expect her too as well.

I was watching Harry Potter Goblet of Fire last night and listening to an asian girl speak with a Scottish accent was very bizzare to me at first. Point being...it's quite possible for any person to speak with whatever accent they happen to grow up around, despite their ethnic makeup.

I have a latin background, but most people do not think that I have any accent and on live people just assume that I'm white.

<P mce_keep="true">

Yeah...I guess it would be crazy to assume GOW was going to sterotype a character based on ethnicity. cough**Coletrain**cough.
LOL! Can't argue with that one.

Bourbon
07-24-2008, 11:16 AM
<P mce_keep="true">
I have a latin background, but most people do not think that I have any accent and on live people just assume that I'm white.I only seperate people into two catagories: Those that drink, and those that don't. You are inthe former, so you're ok in my book, even if you werepurple.[{][}]

AJ in HD
07-24-2008, 11:22 AM
<P mce_keep="true">
Yeah...I guess it would be crazy to assume GOW was going to sterotype a character based on ethnicity. cough**Coletrain**cough. What I wonder about is did they guys write Cole like that at first or after they got the dude that did those Terry Tate commercials to play Cole? Or maybe with that dude in mind?

WideNine
07-24-2008, 12:06 PM
What I wonder about is did they guys write Cole like that at first or after they got the dude that did those Terry Tate commercials to play Cole? Or maybe with that dude in mind?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRkiouh5NEI

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MRkiouh5NEI&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MRkiouh5NEI&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

AJ in HD
07-24-2008, 12:17 PM
<P mce_keep="true">

What I wonder about is did they guys write Cole like that at first or after they got the dude that did those Terry Tate commercials to play Cole? Or maybe with that dude in mind?
<P mce_keep="true">

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRkiouh5NEI
<EMBED src=http://www.youtube.com/v/MRkiouh5NEI&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1 width=425 height=344 type=application/x-shockwave-flash>[ro]....TPS reports!!! classic!!!!

WideNine
07-24-2008, 12:23 PM
Yeah, probably one of my favorite Superbowl commercials.

"That was a long distance call..."

hahaha

VDub2174
07-25-2008, 09:09 PM
<P mce_keep="true">

Sodo I and I'm pretty sure no one can tell on XBL. I'm sticking to my theory that she might be the Locust Queen!!