PDA

View Full Version : Some Gears 2 SP shots

MarkcusD
07-03-2008, 09:00 AM
http://kotaku.com/5021764/new-gears-of-war-2-singleplayer-shots

Ender1986
07-03-2008, 09:02 AM
I was half expecting to get rick rolled right there... looks awesome.

geekincognito
07-03-2008, 09:03 AM
*drool*

Ryan916
07-03-2008, 09:10 AM
WANT!

TazmanAK
07-03-2008, 09:16 AM
<P mce_keep="true">it's so nice of the locust to build convient sand or rock barriers for their enemies to hide behind and shoot at them.

AJ in HD
07-03-2008, 09:19 AM
<P mce_keep="true">

I was half expecting to get rick rolled right there... looks awesome.

yeah...rick rollin' any gears related content should be a bannable offense!

Screenshoots look amazing!!!

2Three
07-04-2008, 10:59 AM
Funny how some commenters over at Kotaku are poking fun at the amount of browns used.

Seriously, all the whining about there being "too much brown and gray" in Gears is getting a little tiresome... I personally love the look of the series. Bright, vibrant colors wouldn't suit Gears of War, in my humble opinion. The environments look fantastic and I think they play a large role in helping you get immersed in the universe.

Metal Gear Solid 4 has a lot of brown and gray going on as well, but all you hear is how great that game looks and how it shows off "the true power of the PS3" and blah blah blah.

Don't get me wrong here, I think MGS 4 looks great from a graphical standpoint too and I'm not hating on the PS3 either - but people need to be more consistant.

Usually I try to spare you all from my rants here... but that's my two cents!

In closing, Gears looks awesome.. lol ;)

soul embrace
07-04-2008, 01:02 PM
all the whining about there being "too much brown and gray" in Gears is getting a little tiresome

well most people on the net (which is probably teenagers doing most if not all the whining) is going to whine and nick pick about something all the time. a game can be 99.9% perfect graphic wise but they will find that 1% and whine to no end. a blade of grass can have one jaggy edge on it and they will whine.

there is one thing that the next gen system has done and that is it brought out the graphic fanatics and whiners. they are more worried about how the game looks than they are about the fun factor. i beat they even like a game that is a borefest but looks good only because the way it looks.

hijack over

2Three
07-04-2008, 01:11 PM
It wasn't a hijack. This thread is about Gears of War screen shots and I mentioned that people are saying the game looks too brown, while I personally like the look of it.

soul embrace
07-04-2008, 01:58 PM
*It wasn't a hijack. This thread is about Gears of War screen shots and I mentioned that people are saying the game looks too brown, while I personally like the look of it.*

i was talking about me kinda hijacking the thread not you, since i didn't say anything about the screenshots i figured i hijacked it.